1st time seeing PJ in US. To make sure about tickets/seats

JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
edited May 2010 in The Porch
So, MSG this will be my first time seeing PJ outside Europe... in Europe, most of PJ shows are GA and with 10C tickets you enter the venue and get the best place you can get...
In the US, it looks like everybody has seats. Right ?
So, this means that with 10C tickets, I may arrive at the venue "late" (let's say 7 pm), get my tickets and go to my seats quietly ?
I'm used to GA shows and the rush that goes with them so that seems strange to me to arrive late at the venue (but I want to enjoy NYC as much as possible, so don't want to arrive early at the venue if I can avoid it)...

Sorry if my question seems stupid and already asked a million time :roll:
2006: Antwerp, Paris
2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
2009: Rotterdam, London
2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    not a dumb question. Everyone has a seat at MSG so you don't have to get there as soon as the doors open. go somewhere and get some cheaper beers first before you get into "$9 beer night" at the garden.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    thanks for the answer ;-)
    hm, $9 beer... thanks for the advise then.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    but what they don't tell you is, the double sit people, so you might have a really cute girl on your lap....or that dude that is 6' 8" and 350 lbs. it's a crap shoot.

imo, swing by the box office early, grab your tickets and then go do your thing...head back to the garden before show time and enjoy the show
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • joeybucketsjoeybuckets Posts: 511
    Julien wrote:
    thanks for the answer ;-)
    hm, $9 beer... thanks for the advise then.

i remember in Camden 2008, the beers were 10 and 12 bucks a pop. :?
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    ya, $9/beer at MSG, I would have guessed more. I think they were $12 at SPAC this summer
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Sorry i know this has been asked tones of times, but I will also be seeing the band for the frist time in the states. will using my passport for id be ok?

Thanks, sorry i would of made a new thread but i know theres enough of them! :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,896
    Sorry i know this has been asked tones of times, but I will also be seeing the band for the frist time in the states. will using my passport for id be ok?

Should be. it IS a valid photo id , no?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,830
    ya, $9/beer at MSG, I would have guessed more. I think they were $12 at SPAC this summer
    9 bucks for bud/bud light

you want a heiney or a sams, its $11 or 12 I think-but hey it comes with a plastic mug and a pretzel rod.
    mickeyrat wrote:

Should be. it IS a valid photo id , no?

Yeah it is a valid photo id and i used it to pick up my ten c tickets up last year in London so im guessing it will be fine!!!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Get_Right wrote:

you want a heiney or a sams, its $11 or 12 I think-but hey it comes with a plastic mug and a pretzel rod.
    i like the cup they wear with the light to see them in the dark... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786

Yeah it is a valid photo id and i used it to pick up my ten c tickets up last year in London so im guessing it will be fine!!!

Yup it will be fine, used mine last year in LA.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.

Yup it will be fine, used mine last year in LA.

Cheers dude! :thumbup:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • phungiphungi Posts: 641
    81 wrote:
    imo, swing by the box office early, grab your tickets and then go do your thing...head back to the garden before show time and enjoy the show
    agreed... don't show up at 7 to get your tix... swing by early, get your tickets, and there are tons of pubs within walking distance...
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,830
    wait
    I need one of those :D
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    thanks guys for the replies. I think I'll go early to get my tickets, then enjoy NY and go back at MSG in the evening :-))
  • WM31482WM31482 Posts: 563
    Get_Right wrote:

i like how my beers come with a plastic lid now, kind of like one of those no spill baby tops ha