Permission from KAT?

elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,379
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Didnt realize that the mods gave permission to sell posters, anyone else get this permission?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-Jam-9-1-05-Gorge-Poster_W0QQitemZ330211040672QQihZ014QQcategoryZ104990QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• a5pja5pj Posts: 3,884
    didn't you read, there's nothing to see there..., you message pit person.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,227
    if it was bought at a show, why would permission even be necessary?

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• 4Powers20 wrote:

It wouldnt be necessary......just thought it was funny that this person put that in the description.....
  • It wouldnt be necessary......just thought it was funny that this person put that in the description.....

people just like to bitch about EVERY little thing so I think he or she was just throwing that out there...I could be wrong though!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• did he maybe work for the Tenclub, and that is why he was specifying that the ones sold were from his personal collection and not from the TenClub headquarters?

or is this just the worst PJ-related joke in history?
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • 4Powers20 wrote:

So then when is it not ok????? Call me a moron but what is the difference between buying something at a show and then turning around and selling it and buying it from pearl jam.com and then turning around and selling it?

Its your property in either case. You can take a shit on it if you want.

All these little rules on what you can and can't do with your property are funny.
  • Sounds very liberal to me.... just sayin'
  • So then when is it not ok????? Call me a moron but what is the difference between buying something at a show and then turning around and selling it and buying it from pearl jam.com and then turning around and selling it?

All these little rules on what you can and can't do with your property are funny.

It's kind of a respect thing. If you get something at a show like everyone else it's yours to do with as you wish.

If the club gives you something and you turn it around for a profit that's not cool.

that's just me. Funny ass shit though.
  • It's kind of a respect thing. If you get something at a show like everyone else it's yours to do with as you wish.

If the club gives you something and you turn it around for a profit that's not cool.

that's just me. Funny ass shit though.

Im not disagreeing with you- but 10C isnt giving it to you, youre still paying for it. So whats the difference from buying something online and in person? The only difference is that 10c specifically says DO NOT FLIP THIS ON EBAY. Poster venders dont say that, thats the only difference. If 10c didnt say that, then it would be ok.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    Im not disagreeing with you- but 10C isnt giving it to you, youre still paying for it. So whats the difference from buying something online and in person? The only difference is that 10c specifically says DO NOT FLIP THIS ON EBAY. Poster venders dont say that, thats the only difference. If 10c didnt say that, then it would be ok.

I think the difference too is anyone with a concert ticket can by a poster from a venue. And if they decide to sell it after the fact, the venue or the band have no power to do anything about it. With the 10club sales only members can buy the posters, and (even though I disagree with this) if 10club decides that they do not appreciate you selling your poster, they can take away your membership.
  • I think the difference too is anyone with a concert ticket can by a poster from a venue. And if they decide to sell it after the fact, the venue or the band have no power to do anything about it. With the 10club sales only members can buy the posters, and (even though I disagree with this) if 10club decides that they do not appreciate you selling your poster, they can take away your membership.

How do they know? Are the Posters numbered? Forgive me.. I don't know anything about the underground poster black market. I have never even seen a Pearl Jam poster. I couldn't give a fuck. My only exposure to them comes from daily bitchy ebay threads.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    why did this person even post this in his auction?

really... so what.... just sell it, it's your property and you don't need to justify if you got it at the show of through the 10C
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    How do they know? Are the Posters numbered? Forgive me.. I don't know anything about the underground poster black market. I have never even seen a Pearl Jam poster. I couldn't give a fuck. My only exposure to them comes from daily bitchy ebay threads.

I think the only way they could possibly tell is if your public ebay information was the same as the information they had on file for your membership (or if someone was dumb enough to advertise their own auction on here). Even then it seems questionable if they could prove the poster you are selling is the one you bought from them.
  • So then when is it not ok????? Call me a moron but what is the difference between buying something at a show and then turning around and selling it and buying it from pearl jam.com and then turning around and selling it?

Well when you buy posters from the 10C sales regardless of whether you want or not to follow the rules, it does say NOT FOR RESALE... so it they wanted to be dicks about it and caught somene selling one of their NOT FOR RESALE posters I'm sure they could very well cancel your memebership ... (I think proving what's from 10C and what's not it's pretty impossible at least as far as posters)

I don't see why that guy would need permission to sell a poster he acquired at the show though....
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • I think the only way they could possibly tell is if your public ebay information was the same as the information they had on file for your membership (or if someone was dumb enough to advertise their own auction on here). Even then it seems questionable if they could prove the poster you are selling is the one you bought from them.

Thanks for the info!
  • Well when you buy posters from the 10C sales regardless of whether you want or not to follow the rules, it does say NOT FOR RESALE... so it they wanted to be dicks about it and caught somene selling one of their NOT FOR RESALE posters I'm sure they could very well cancel your memebership ...

I don't see why that guy would need permission to sell a poster he acquired at the show though....
    flipping pancakes is much more fun than flipping posters....

and if we do it right ......it will be much more lucrative....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • flipping pancakes is much more fun than flipping posters....

I know you are trying to tempt me!!! :p
  • I know you are trying to tempt me!!! :p
    yes i am....

go to bonnaroo....

we are going to have a great time.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • yes i am....

go to bonnaroo....

we are going to have a great time.......

I dont think Ima make it, I'm going to Seattle for a week in April and that's a pretty big expense as it is.. and after I heard they might be around the South some more I can't justify the cost Bonnaroo would be :(

I would've loved to flip pancakes with ya' though :D
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,971
    perhaps the guy was harassed by someone before
    and he sent an email to Kat asking if it was OK to resell

and he put that in there so he wouldnt be harassed

I could imagine the emails some of these sellers get from 10C members that were shut out of a particular sale.
  • Get_Right wrote:

I could imagine the emails some of these sellers get from 10C members that were shut out of a particular sale.

That must be SCARY :eek:
  • move right along, theres nothing to see here.

thats very funny to see on ebay
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,494
    flipping pancakes is much more fun than flipping posters....

Just don't flip on the family.

No Rats allowed!
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    why did this person even post this in his auction?

really... so what.... just sell it, it's your property and you don't need to justify if you got it at the show of through the 10C
    I can see why they put it in the auction....

If this baby goes for $10,000.. (ha) then the people on this board will go apeshit!... and whine of course :p

I see a valid reason....
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    People on message boards harrass other people for less shit than flipping a poster on ebay. I'm surprised no one is giving him a hard time for not using matting and /or spacers to protect the precious posters from the evil glass in the frame. (true poster geek that I am I noticed that straight away!) :)

I don't blame the guy for putting that disclaimer in his auction. There are a lot of people that appoint themselves to police everyone else and they can get a bit psychotic about it. I can imagine it could be scary.

Peace,
    KJ