VS green marble vinyl? VINYLHEADS check this out.

starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I was reading about this record and I read it was fake... an imported versiion of VS on limited edition green vinyl According to this, it's made in the UK by EMI for Epic records. What do you guys think? It's got a number and everything. The picture doesn;t do the green marble justice.

4582230807_73a9318572_m.jpg
4582230753_1f2e64455a_m.jpg
4582230853_27045a0fc9_m.jpg

for bigger pics...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49912076@N03/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• arqarq Posts: 8,009
    Just a bootleg.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    The EMI Group (Electric & Musical Industries Ltd.) is a British music company. It is the fourth-largest business group and family of record labels in the recording industry, making it one of the "big four" record companies and a member of the RIAA.

I wouldn't really call it a bootleg, seeing that it was made by EMI for Epic Records to distribute in the UK. How's it a bootleg?
  • DDowning21NJDDowning21NJ Posts: 106
    It might be fake but it still looks sexy
    A Compliment For Us Is A Compliment For You

Hartford 05/15/10, Newark 05/18/10, MSG I 05/20/10, MSG II 05/21/10
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    God Bless The UK > ;)
    The EMI Group (Electric & Musical Industries Ltd.) is a British music company. It is the fourth-largest business group and family of record labels in the recording industry, making it one of the "big four" record companies and a member of the RIAA.

I wouldn't really call it a bootleg, seeing that it was made by EMI for Epic Records to distribute in the UK. How's it a bootleg?

Oh my friend Adam! why don't you trust me my friend?!? :lol:

The audio quality is horrible that's enough reason to call it a fake, and i don't mean "horrible" like some people say about backspacer (I'm not an expert but backspacer sounds good to me) the Green "Vs" is like hearing a 64kb mp3 through a megaphone
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

i trust you, i'm just saying i don;t think it's been researched enough to call it a bootleg especially since it was made and distributed by emi for epic. i haven;t played it yet... do you also have a copy?
    i trust you, i'm just saying i don;t think it's been researched enough to call it a bootleg especially since it was made and distributed by emi for epic. i haven;t played it yet... do you also have a copy?

Yes i had a copy but i traded it long ago, that record doesn't appear in the EMI or Epic catalog, plus the horrible sound... i rest my case! :lol: the catalog thing is the most relevant fact that shows it's a fake.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

arq wrote:

Yes i had a copy but i traded it long ago, that record doesn't appear in the EMI or Epic catalog, plus the horrible sound... i rest my case! :lol: the catalog thing is the most relevant fact that shows it's a fake.

and what exactly did you get for this terrible sounding "bootleg"? :mrgreen:

Maybe i traded it for a couple of mac donald's gift cards :lol: or some 7" singles, I don't remember.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

arq wrote:

Maybe i traded it for a couple of mac donald's gift cards :lol: or some 7" singles, I don't remember.

you're a worker we know that. :lol:
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    It is not a bootleg as in live recording, but I think it is not an "official release"...nor is it terribly rare like say the Blue Colombian version. It is some euro version if I recall,but not officially from Epic records, I think it was a cheap reproduction or bootleg recording meaning illegal, but it has been so long since I gave it any thought I do not remember any longer definitively

they pop on the bay all the time

this site is pretty good on the official releases, not sure how up to date it is:

http://www.pjcollectors.com/subcategory.asp?id=122
  • TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    Talking about bootlegs:

http://www.elisanet.fi/soininen/PINK_FL ... RFEIT.html

It doesn't really matter a thing if there's epic or any other info printed on the disc. I guess the best bootlegs are the ones you don't even know of being bootlegs. :lol:
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24