Camera Policy for 10C members???

edited May 2010 in The Porch
I haven't brought a camera to a show for the last couple tours. I seem to remember a few tours ago you could bring a disposable with no flash. Are there any rules now? With everyone having a camera on their phone I was wondering if there are any limits on digital cameras (with flash off of course). thanks 10C!

cant wait for cleveland on sunday!!!!!
www.LyonsDenProductions.net
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,903
    cams are allowed. No flash first 20 rows. No video or detachable lenses.No professional equiptment.
    Also no sticks. Info available in membership rules. Under tickets(?)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • I was really pissed in KC... when I got my tickets in the afternoon they had all these signs up at the entrance/ticket window/etc that said "no cameras or video recording." And on the ticket it said "no cameras/video." I knew the policy on this website had always been small non-professional cameras are OK including digital the last few years, but since I took a cab to the arena for show time, i decided to leave my camera at the hotel, so I wouldn't have to run back and forth in a cab if they didn't let me bring it in.

Well when I got there, ALL the "no cameras" signs had been CHANGED to what we're used to seeing here: "No professional cameras, detachable lense" etc... I was so looking forward to getting a few pictures from my close floor seat, not being one of those people that has to video every song and take a million pictures, just a few to document the MAIN PART of my trip.

So the moral is: BRING YOUR CAMERA!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
    I was really pissed in KC... when I got my tickets in the afternoon they had all these signs up at the entrance/ticket window/etc that said "no cameras or video recording." And on the ticket it said "no cameras/video." I knew the policy on this website had always been small non-professional cameras are OK including digital the last few years, but since I took a cab to the arena for show time, i decided to leave my camera at the hotel, so I wouldn't have to run back and forth in a cab if they didn't let me bring it in.

Well when I got there, ALL the "no cameras" signs had been CHANGED to what we're used to seeing here: "No professional cameras, detachable lense" etc... I was so looking forward to getting a few pictures from my close floor seat, not being one of those people that has to video every song and take a million pictures, just a few to document the MAIN PART of my trip.

Always a good idea to check the venues policy. Nationwides policy is no cams vid cams for games etc.For shows or tour , they say it's up to them(pearl jam) not the venue.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    Always a good idea to check the venues policy. Nationwides policy is no cams vid cams for games etc.For shows or tour , they say it's up to them(pearl jam) not the venue.

Yup, I just assumed the venue's policy had overridden PJ's policy since they had all those signs up for when the fan club window opened. I don't have an iphone or anything, I'm sure everyone would get those in no matter what the policy... I just didn't want to get my camera taken away, and didn't want to miss the openers, spend money on 2 more cab rides, etc... for a few pictures. So I lost out. I'll bring it next time :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

mickeyrat wrote:

Yup, I just assumed the venue's policy had overridden PJ's policy since they had all those signs up for when the fan club window opened. I don't have an iphone or anything, I'm sure everyone would get those in no matter what the policy... I just didn't want to get my camera taken away, and didn't want to miss the openers, spend money on 2 more cab rides, etc... for a few pictures. So I lost out. I'll bring it next time :)
    It's unfortunate , but lesson learned. And maybe from your experience and the suggestion , someone else won't miss out.

• thanks so much, everyone!
    www.LyonsDenProductions.net
  • I was really pissed in KC... when I got my tickets in the afternoon they had all these signs up at the entrance/ticket window/etc that said "no cameras or video recording." And on the ticket it said "no cameras/video." I knew the policy on this website had always been small non-professional cameras are OK including digital the last few years, but since I took a cab to the arena for show time, i decided to leave my camera at the hotel, so I wouldn't have to run back and forth in a cab if they didn't let me bring it in.

When I picked up my tickets at 3pm the signs said the same thing "No professional cameras, detachable lense" I took mine to the window and asked the lady because it looks professional but it isnt and she said they probably wouldnt let me in with it. We put it in my wifes purse and when they searched it they said nothing.

We said to ourselves its always better to have to take a 20 min walk to take your camera back to the room than to regret not trying to get it in at all.

When I picked up my tickets at 3pm the signs said the same thing "No professional cameras, detachable lense" I took mine to the window and asked the lady because it looks professional but it isnt and she said they probably wouldnt let me in with it. We put it in my wifes purse and when they searched it they said nothing.

We said to ourselves its always better to have to take a 20 min walk to take your camera back to the room than to regret not trying to get it in at all.

Dude, I would love it if you post/share those pictures! If anyone on Mike's side floor would post their pics as well, that would rock.

Dude, I would love it if you post/share those pictures! If anyone on Mike's side floor would post their pics as well, that would rock.

Sure thing. When I get the bootleg of the show I'm going to edit all the video together with the audio. I took over an hour of video of several full songs but my dumbass forgot to bring extra batteries so I was forced to take lots of partial songs. After editing it down it should be pretty kick a. I will definitely post but it will be a while after the boots are released.