***Funny Request for MSG 2***

The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 575
edited May 2010 in The Porch
im bringing my friend to his first msg show on the 20th. you can call him vertically challenged, so we poke fun at him calling him a "hobbit". myself and another 10c member allstar340 had an epiphany one day listening to 'in hiding' and we put the words "im a hobbit" where "im in hiding" is usually sung. if this is played it would be really funny and besides making a joke at his expense, its a phenomenal song. so theres my one official request. (besides like 20 more songs for the ny/nj shows lol)
Beacon '08
Philly 2-4 '09
Newark '10
MSG 1+2 '10
E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
Made in America Festival '12
Worcester 1+2 '13
Brooklyn 1+2 '13
Global Citizens Festival '15
MSG 1+2 '16
Fenway Park 1+2 '16
Ohana '17
Home Shows 1+2 '18
Ohana '18
Ohana '19
Sea Hear Now '21
Ohana '21
LA 1+2 '22
Austin 1+2 '23
Ohana '23
Vegas 1+2 '24
LA 1+2 '24
MSG 1+2 '24
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • allstar340allstar340 Posts: 809
    When we were at Philly 3 last year, I took a video of us screaming "I'm a Hobbit" but unfortunately he wasn't there so we could only show him the video haha. I think it would be pretty awesome, he's a big fan and its pretty rare to find as big of Pearl Jam fans at our age anymore (17-18). It's not one of those overly sentimental requests but I think its hysterical. This being said I'm really looking forward to three awesome shows this year (hopefully Release opener at one!!!) from the greatest band in the world.
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    What is going on??
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
    What is going on??
    Requesting In Hiding for our hobbit of a friend lol
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
    I realize that. It was a fairly broad question
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,530
    this is the greatest thread there ever was.
    www.myspace.com
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 575

thank you, ive never posted a request but i just thought this was funny, glad you enjoyed it. others dont seem to get it , theyre a little up tight.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24

thank you, ive never posted a request but i just thought this was funny, glad you enjoyed it. others dont seem to get it , theyre a little up tight.

they don't get it like we do. we get this.
    www.myspace.com
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263

it's an all right thread.. not terrible, not the greatest.. kind of middle of the road imo.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
    DPrival78 wrote:

it's an all right thread.. not terrible, not the greatest.. kind of middle of the road imo.

no. it is The Greatest Thread of All Time.

no thread will ever top this.

in fact, i am pm'ing kat right now to see if we can just end this whole forum. we've gone about as far as we can possibly go. we've reached greatness. the only way to go from here is downhill.
    www.myspace.com
    i dont know why everyone has to act childish about it. i mean im not on here trying to sell a shirt ive worn 3 times for some vinyl. im just trying to have a little fun, jeez.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
    i dont know why everyone has to act childish about it. i mean im not on here trying to sell a shirt ive worn 3 times for some vinyl. im just trying to have a little fun, jeez.

we should do it. we should totally turn this into a shirt and sell it at msg. "i'm a hobbit!" i think we can make a lot of money on these things. i am not in it for the money though. i'm in it for the integrity of the thread. still the money would be nice. do you have a silk screen?
    www.myspace.com

we should do it. we should totally turn this into a shirt and sell it at msg. "i'm a hobbit!" i think we can make a lot of money on these things. i am not in it for the money though. i'm in it for the integrity of the thread. still the money would be nice. do you have a silk screen?
    You're really high and mighty, sarcastically mocking people who genuinely love Pearl Jam's music. Maybe if you get a few more posts on the Pearl Jam boards you'll get a prize, oh wait, having 3632 posts doesn't make you better than us, it actually makes you worse. It means you're a sit at home freak who has nothing to do with his life but mock people on the PJ forums, while me and my friend going off to excellent colleges and doing big things. But seriously, just continue mocking our joke of a thread like some smug big shot who can't take a joke. It's pretentious fans like you that steer people away from any band's community of fans, and I'm just thankful that there are a lot of friendly, smart, and normal people in the fan club as well, unlike you.

+1

do you have a silk screen?

Pearl_Jam_Ireland-logo-9C08646066-seeklogo.com.gif
    allstar340 wrote:

You're really high and mighty, sarcastically mocking people who genuinely love Pearl Jam's music. Maybe if you get a few more posts on the Pearl Jam boards you'll get a prize, oh wait, having 3632 posts doesn't make you better than us, it actually makes you worse. It means you're a sit at home freak who has nothing to do with his life but mock people on the PJ forums, while me and my friend going off to excellent colleges and doing big things. But seriously, just continue mocking our joke of a thread like some smug big shot who can't take a joke. It's pretentious fans like you that steer people away from any band's community of fans, and I'm just thankful that there are a lot of friendly, smart, and normal people in the fan club as well, unlike you.

so...no silk screen?
    www.myspace.com
    allstar340 wrote:
    .... while me and my friend going off to excellent colleges and doing big things. But seriously, just continue mocking our joke of a thread like some smug big shot who can't take a joke. It's pretentious fans like you that steer people away from any band's community of fans, and I'm just thankful that there are a lot of friendly, smart, and normal people in the fan club as well, unlike you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTTqsu5HK-A
    allstar340 wrote:

game. set. match.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
    allstar340 wrote:

game. set. match.

look. i gotta know. are we doing the shirt thing or not? cuz i'm in if we have a silk screen.
    www.myspace.com
    allstar340 wrote:
    .... while me and my friend going off to excellent colleges and doing big things. But seriously, just continue mocking our joke of a thread like some smug big shot who can't take a joke. It's pretentious fans like you that steer people away from any band's community of fans, and I'm just thankful that there are a lot of friendly, smart, and normal people in the fan club as well, unlike you.

There's a difference between pretentious fans of bands and people who are pretentious. I am neither, I don't see myself higher than anyone because of my job, income, education, knowledge etc.....I'm just pointing out the fact that he's mocking us as if he's some sort of higher power, when he is in no position to do so.
    allstar340 wrote:
    allstar340 wrote:

There's a difference between pretentious fans of bands and people who are pretentious. I am neither, I don't see myself higher than anyone because of my job, income, education, knowledge etc.....I'm just pointing out the fact that he's mocking us as if he's some sort of higher power, when he is in no position to do so.

i'm in a position to make shirts. let's do this thing.
    www.myspace.com
    bjornborgpane.jpg
    bjornborgpane.jpg

JIMMY CONNORS!!
    www.myspace.com
    you got it!
    you can call him vertically challenged, so we poke fun at him calling him a "hobbit".

"im a hobbit" where "im in hiding" is usually sung.

if this is played it would be really funny and besides making a joke at his expense

1746163_f260.jpg
  • robbyblaylockrobbyblaylock Posts: 428
    i think the problem is that you DONT F*CK WITH IN HIDING!!! but i do appreciate your hobbit jokes! carry on...
    allstar340 wrote:
    while me and my friend going off to excellent colleges and doing big things.

i hope you two get to share a dorm together next year, that would be AWESOME!!!!! :thumbup:
    allstar340 wrote:
    while me and my friend going off to excellent colleges and doing big things.

i hope you two get to share a dorm together next year, that would be AWESOME!!!!! :thumbup:

at least be on the same wing.

I'm a Hobbit is on pj radio right now. i really wish that shirt deal went down..
    www.myspace.com
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    Never thought you'd hobbit.