rearviewmirror.....by "the Frogs"

StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Hey, maybe I should know about this being a fan for 19 years.....but I dont, so please help out..

I just bought some CD singles on ebay, one of them is Immortality where the "B side" is an acoustic version of Rearviewmirror by "the Frogs"........who are they and why are they on a PJ single?

Another thing, it says the song is taken from - the Epic album "Life" -

Please help a fellow out with these questions :?

Peace
Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AP135303AP135303 Posts: 39
    Their keyboard player played with Smashing Pumpkins for a while after theirs passed away. I never really got into their music.
  • StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    AP135303 wrote:
    Their keyboard player played with Smashing Pumpkins for a while after theirs passed away. I never really got into their music.

Any idea how they ended up on a PJ record?

• hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    I believe Eddie is good friends with the Frogs.. they're from Milwaukee, I believe. I have another boot with Eddie doing 2 or 3 songs with them live.
  • smanchacsmanchac Posts: 255
    its pearl jam doing RVM really quiet and acoustic. or maybe ed... but definitely Eddie singing.

its cool, and not heard too much.
    2000 10.14 10.15
    2003 4.1 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.8 4.9 4.11 4.13 6.9 6.10
    2004 10.8
    2008 6.14 6.17 6.22
    2009 9.21 9.22 9.25 10.4
    2010 5.18 5.20 5.21
    2012 7.4 7.5 7.7 7.9 7.10 9.30
    2013 7.19 10.21 10.22 10.25 12.4 12.6

35 Shows; 1040 Songs
  • Smile's lyrics are from the Frogs too.
  • The P.T.The P.T. Posts: 141
    The frogs opened for PJ back in the 90's at some point. Kind of a goofy band, but entertaining none the less. I like that version of RVM they did. However, the best thing they did (imo) was 'The Longing Goes Away'. Here's a clip of Ed singing it with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff_sWsCWZWg

The first half is Ed's entrance :)
  • smanchac wrote:
    its pearl jam doing RVM really quiet and acoustic. or maybe ed... but definitely Eddie singing.

its cool, and not heard too much.

mmm. I donut think so. I mean, I donut think it's Eddie. It's very cool.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • RZ27566RZ27566 Posts: 57
    regardless wether their friends or not "The Frogs" opened up for pearl jam in 93, I seen them at The Fox in st. louis MO. the frogs got bood because everyone wanted pearl jam, that was my first PJ Show "awesome"
  • Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    New "Frogs" website just opened up...

http://www.rosyjackworld.info/index.php/Main_Page
  • StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    The P.T. wrote:
    The frogs opened for PJ back in the 90's at some point. Kind of a goofy band, but entertaining none the less. I like that version of RVM they did. However, the best thing they did (imo) was 'The Longing Goes Away'. Here's a clip of Ed singing it with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff_sWsCWZWg

The first half is Ed's entrance :)

That was special :D thanks

• Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    smanchac wrote:

Oh really? Then explain to me why the label says "The Frogs" and not "Pearl Jam".
  • i remember having the cd single with RVM by the frogs .... it was on a blk/blu vitaolgy era single ....how that helps