customs tax shipping uk?philly box?

dannydanny Posts: 2,277
edited May 2010 in The Porch
hi does anyone no if you order through 10c,will we get charged customs, when i have brought things before i have had to pay customs,if it is up to a certain amount couldnt 10c put a lower amount when sending so we dont get charged thanks danny pj rule!!
danny d
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    Probably to be honest. I ordered 2 bootlegs once and i had to pay £11 import.

If you google it you should be able to find a calculator to work how much it will be but i would factor it in to the overall price yes.
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    You will be chraged anout £55 according to the import tac calculator I use. That includes VAT
    philthehip wrote:
    You will be chraged anout £55 according to the import tac calculator I use. That includes VAT

That was for the big box set tho. Im on about the Philly box set.
    Oh yer sorry, IDIOT :lol:
    It say on the calculator that there are import taxes but £7.33 VAT
    philthehip wrote:
    It say on the calculator that there are import taxes but £7.33 VAT

I think it will be more. Like i said i had to pay £11 just for 2 boots (about $34 worth? say £27?)
  • scouser tommyscouser tommy Posts: 189
    i get the feeling i have sometimes not paid any , the guy from the post office said it could be hit and miss . i think you just have to bite the bullet and pay the price , i get the feeling it could be worth it .
    Wembly Arena-oct 28-1996 . MEN-june 04-2000 . MSG-july 08-2003 . MSG-july 09-2003 . GM Place-sep 02-2005 . Pengrowth Saddledome-sep 05-2005 . Astoria-april 20-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 15-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 16-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 18-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 22-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 23-2006 . Leeds Festival-aug 25-2006 . Wembley Arena-june 18-2007 . Forum Copenhagen-june 26-2007 . Verizon Amphitheatre-june 17-2008 . MSG-june 24-2008 . MSG-june 25-2008 . Sheperds Bush Empire-aug 11-2009 . MEN-aug 17-2009 . O2 arena-aug 18-2009 . United Centre-aug 23-2009 . United Centre-aug 24-2009 . MSG-may 20-2010 . MSG-may 21-2010 . Hyde Park-june 25-2010 . Air Canada Centre-sep 11-2011 . Air Canada Centre-sep 12-2011
    i get the feeling i have sometimes not paid any , the guy from the post office said it could be hit and miss . i think you just have to bite the bullet and pay the price , i get the feeling it could be worth it .

Yeah it is hit and miss. So you might get lucky and pay non at all.
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    i don't get that customs tax . i sell on eBay and i always mark it down as a gift for low value about 5.00 bucks .

as an American why don't we have to pay that customs tax ??

i would try an American friend and have them fill the customs form out right ;)
  • sk173447sk173447 Posts: 6
    danny wrote:
    hi does anyone no if you order through 10c,will we get charged customs, when i have brought things before i have had to pay customs,if it is up to a certain amount couldnt 10c put a lower amount when sending so we dont get charged thanks danny pj rule!!
    if you ask them to put the value as $10 when ordering should work.
    or same as above and have the item sent as a gift...
  • sk173447sk173447 Posts: 6
    jokertt wrote:
    i don't get that customs tax . i sell on eBay and i always mark it down as a gift for low value about 5.00 bucks .

as an American why don't we have to pay that customs tax ??

i would try an American friend and have them fill the customs form out right ;)
    you sound like a very good seller i do the same too shame more people can't do this.
  • Jezza44Jezza44 Posts: 25
    Good question-the dreaded Uk tax. Must admit this put me off joining,then joined after O2 gig,have bought about 15 items in last 7 months and NOT paid any tax.Heaviest/biggest item i have purchased so far was the PJ 10club hoody,paid no tax.Rest of my purchases have mainly been cds. I think it has something to do with weight of item you import. You could always phone HM customs for clarification. Ive just ordered the Philly boxset,but will have to wait to see if customs grab it-if I have to pay tax so be it,not bad after importing 15+ items.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Jezza44 wrote:
    I think it has something to do with weight of item you import.

Taxes have all to do with the declared value of the goods, not the weight.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPort ... t#P22_2021
  • Jezza44Jezza44 Posts: 25
    redrock wrote:
    Jezza44 wrote:
    I think it has something to do with weight of item you import.

Taxes have all to do with the declared value of the goods, not the weight.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPort ... t#P22_2021
    Dont think Ill bother with the whole 2009 bootleg boxset then !!
  • Red-ManRed-Man Posts: 62
    If it helps I paid £45 tax on a $399 watch about a week ago.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    u can mail kufala records and ask,they will do the shipping .they will help u.
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:orders@kufala.com">orders@kufala.com</a><!-- e -->
    as for 10c,the last packages i receive help alot for not pay taxes
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”