Options

I have absolutely no problem with...

LeatherMosquitoManLeatherMosquitoMan Posts: 4,034
edited July 2008 in The Porch
the sound of ANY official Pearl Jam bootleg. From 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006 and 2008, i have absolutely no problem w/any of them. Sure, they're mixed different from tour to tour, but i think every single one of them, and i have every single one of them, sounds great.

I don't get all this bitching. Sure, there's an echo in Tampa and WPB, sure, there's the girl screaming or whatever in Athens, but they're awesome quality shows, and i'd rather have them than not have them.

I just don't get it. My ears have come a long way since 128kbps mp3, to FLAC, yet i don't have a problem w/the mixing.

To each his/her own, but I'm happy w/all the money i've spent on Pearl Jam bootlegs in the last 8 years. And in all honesty, i've paid for maybe 1/6 of those shows.
-Chris
Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
2003 Brisbane 1
2006 LA 1 & 2
2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
2011 St. Louis (EV)
2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    the sound of ANY official Pearl Jam bootleg. From 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006 and 2008, i have absolutely no problem w/any of them. Sure, they're mixed different from tour to tour, but i think every single one of them, and i have every single one of them, sounds great.

I don't get all this bitching. Sure, there's an echo in Tampa and WPB, sure, there's the girl screaming or whatever in Athens, but they're awesome quality shows, and i'd rather have them than not have them.

I just don't get it. My ears have come a long way since 128kbps mp3, to FLAC, yet i don't have a problem w/the mixing.

To each his/her own, but I'm happy w/all the money i've spent on Pearl Jam bootlegs in the last 8 years. And in all honesty, i've paid for maybe 1/6 of those shows.

yo, I'm with you dude. And I don't even go the flac route. I still use mp3s. fuck it, flac files are too big for my patience. but you're right. all the bootlegs range from free to cheap and there is no other band in the world who you can have easy access to over 300 soundboard recordings.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Thanks for letting us know!
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    Me either.

Not really sure what some people are expecting or wanting...
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    abyanksabyanks Posts: 59
    rock on bro

call the wambulance for those other bums
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,289
    Agreed, i'll take the "official boots" even with a few flaws here and there than the dog shit quality audience recordings we use to depend on in the 90s.
  • Options
    mr bungle wrote:
    Agreed, i'll take the "official boots" even with a few flaws here and there than the dog shit quality audience recordings we use to depend on in the 90s.

totally. and remember when you actually found a soundboard or radio broadcast? it was like fucking christmas.

people who complain about the quality of the boots either don't remember those days or weren't fans yet. probably the latter.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Not really sure what some people are expecting or wanting...

...to be able to hear Mike and Stone clearly like the 2000/2003 boots? Is that too much to ask?
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758

I will second this post.

A bootleg is a bootleg. It is a keepsake from a show. It doesn't really matter if it doesn't sound like it does on the album. I don't give a fuck.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    ...to be able to hear Mike and Stone clearly like the 2000/2003 boots? Is that too much to ask?

I hear them just fine. Have you considered maybe you just blew your eardrums out at some point?
  • Options
    I hear them just fine. Have you considered maybe you just blew your eardrums out at some point?

Dude, JWBusher has an ear like George Martin. He knows.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Abso-fucking-lutely....

Been buying these things for years. Still haven't been disappointed yet. I don't mind that they don't sound the same. I'm loopy enough to pay for all the downloads and order two sets of hard copy cd's. One to play with and one to put in the attic. I just plug em in and let them rip.

I could pick up any one of the boots I have and plug it in my radio and it is 200% better than most of the crap that is available nowadays.

I'll give this band (through their site) my money any day of the week. What's the alternative? Spend $15.00 at Best Buy on the new collectors edition of some bullshit 50 Cent Remix album?

Nah... I'll keep the boots coming. As long as they provide em to us.
    Gets up, lights a cigarette he's grown to hate
    Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

But his heart don't seem to roam......
  • Options
    Dude, JWBusher has an ear like George Martin. He knows.

George Martin is probably deaf now, too ;)
  • Options
    Ghost Of K.Ghost Of K. Posts: 170
    Cool bro, breathe. Here's the thing. I was at WPB 08 and the sound at the show wasn't great. Band was full on but but on the lawn I heard the crowd more than the band, honestly. Felt like I missed some things.
    When I finally got my boot in the mail I realized I had missed some things.

I agonized about getting this boot, the same way I did about the 03 WPB boot, because it was MINE. That cd was crystal clear gorgeous. I still have it. This one... not so much. I got Bonnaroo and VBC and Columbia in the mail later and they all sound great. But that just compounds the fact that WPB sounds like shit. Somebody fucked up that first night. Lucky me. If you don't have the cd then you don't know what you are talking about and you should maybe shut up and read a minute, rather than coming so fast with the defense.
    Good evening San Diego, I'm Ron Burgundy
    And I'm Veronica Corningstone, Tits McGee is off tonight...
  • Options
    Ghost Of K.Ghost Of K. Posts: 170
    Cool bro, breathe. Here's the thing. I was at WPB 08 and the sound at the show wasn't great. Band was full on but but on the lawn I heard the crowd more than the band, honestly. Felt like I missed some things.

I agonized about getting this boot, the same way I did about the 03 WPB boot, because it was MINE. That cd was crystal clear gorgeous. I still have it. This one... not so much. I got Bonnaroo and VBC and Columbia in the mail later and they all sound great. But that just compounds the fact that WPB sounds like shit. Somebody fucked up that first night. Lucky me. If you don't have the cd then you don't know what you are talking about and you should maybe shut up and read a minute, rather than coming so fast with the defense.
    Damn, if it's not that good, isn't it ok to say it's not that good?
    Good evening San Diego, I'm Ron Burgundy
    And I'm Veronica Corningstone, Tits McGee is off tonight...
  • Options

It doesn't apply to every show.
  • Options
    For me, I am content even if the quality differs each tour they offer. I would rather have official boots with more clarity than audience recordings any day. That's just me. I am very content with it all.
  • Options

Not entirely sure who this is directed towards...
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

i have zero problems with boots. Im just happy to actually HAVE them & be abe to relive shows ive been to or exxxperience ones i didnt get to attend. Its all gravy & i love them all!!! Now, whos got the shows i need?! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    all of my boots are just too loud.
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,090

Thanks for that, cos I've ordered loads of the CD's - and with all the different "the bootlegs are this/that" threads lately I was beginning to wonder what I was gonna get :o

After going to shows last year and only having audience recordings for them (which incidently I am very grateful to the tapers for :) - its so brilliant having a show that you've been to) I am SO SO PLEASED that we've got the opportunity again to get the official CD's :D
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    whichwaysignwhichwaysign Posts: 229
    if you don't like them, start collecting Good Charlotte, Creed, or Spin Doctors bootlegs

i'd love to hear how Lil' Miss Can't be Wrong sounded at D.C. '95 compared to Minneapolis '97

I'll take PJ in any way, shape, or form
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'