My PJ Radio guessing game....

PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
edited May 2010 in The Porch
After a mere 24 hours, I find myself trying to guess the year the song is from as soon as it starts. I am having no trouble getting 91-93. The drums, Jeff's backing vocals and the overall rawness of the performance are easily detectable. 94-98, it gets a little tougher for me, but I can usually get them. 98-2008 very hard to tell which year is which. The newest stuff, 09-10 I seem to get pretty easy too. Mike has really established a live sound and Ed's voice has become more of a well tuned instrument than a vehicle to express unfettered emotion. There are not many moments of the uber-scream from 91- 98 that sounded as if Ed's throat may be bleeding when the song was done.

I just might have too much time on my hands...... :ugeek:
~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    After a mere 24 hours, I find myself trying to guess the year the song is from as soon as it starts. I am having no trouble getting 91-93. The drums, Jeff's backing vocals and the overall rawness of the performance are easily detectable. 94-98, it gets a little tougher for me, but I can usually get them. 98-2008 very hard to tell which year is which. The newest stuff, 09-10 I seem to get pretty easy too. Mike has really established a live sound and Ed's voice has become more of a well tuned instrument than a vehicle to express unfettered emotion. There are not many moments of the uber-scream from 91- 98 that sounded as if Ed's throat may be bleeding when the song was done.

i agree except id split it up to 91-93, 94-98, 98-03, 03-06, and 07-present
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    satansbed wrote:
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

i agree except id split it up to 91-93, 94-98, 98-03, 03-06, and 07-present

I maybe able to do that in a week or two, maybe even by the exact year if I keep listening like I have so far!
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~