God damn it Noblesville

realmgeorgerealmgeorge Posts: 301
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Looks like fucking rain. 50% chance per weather.com plus wind is mentioned.

Glad I'm camping.....

Was in the downpour that was 2003 KC and I pray to christ this isn't a second coming of that nonsense.

Come on everybody, help a brother out. WILL THAT WEATHER AWAY...
and love, what a different life had I not had this love with you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    Already working on it!

:thumbup:
  • realmgeorgerealmgeorge Posts: 301
    Chance of Precip went from 50% to 30%!!!!! But now they are saying a low in the 40's..... ha ha ha ha ha.

By Friday they will be calling for snow.

KEEP THE POSTIVE FLOWING TOWARDS NOBLESVILLE PEOPLE!!! Thank you.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    here's tohoping for no rain for ya. Sitting/standing in the rain at shows sucks. Didn't rain Sunday at ACL last year, but we definitely got the mud from the Saturday night rain.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • As long as you have alcohol even camping in the rain can be tolerated. ;)

My first "real concert" I went to was the Tibetan Freedom Concert at Alpine Valley in '99 ( I wonder WHO should play there again. :roll: ) and it was an absolute DOWN POUR the night before. We had 5 people in our group and not much more with us then tents, sleeping bags, and beer. So we stopped at a gas station near the campground and this car load of people from Chicago said they were going to the show too but didn't have a campground to stay at yet. We said what the hell and invited them to join us because we had 2 sites together and really didn't need that much room.

So we setup our shit and started partying with them. They had like a GALLON of Crown Royal with them (the introduction to what would later become my FAVORITE booze) and a bunch of weed. Well about 2 AM it just started DOWN POURING. Like torrential rain here. So we're so drunk that we were still standing outside, and like 5 of us were underneath a umbrella yelling "move over fucker I'm getting wet!" Like we weren't FAR past that point already! LOL We finally decided to sleep in the car it was so bad.

So about 9 in the morning we wake up and look outside and see that the tent and everything was all packed up! Turns out my friend's teenage brother woke up early and got it all packed up for us. Glad we brought him after all. Then we ate breakfast at a restaurant and changed into dry clothes in the bathroom, and went to the show. It rained a bit more in the morning so the hill for the lawn seats was pretty much just mud. Then afterward the parking lot was DESTROYED so every other car trying to pull out onto the road from their parking lane got stuck in the mud and had to be pushed out. :twisted:

Still worth every minute though. Had a great time and saw Ed (joined by C Average), Live, Blondie, Rage Against the Machine, Run DMC, and Beastie Boys. We got home at 7 AM, and my buddy that drove had to work at 9!
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • realmgeorgerealmgeorge Posts: 301
    Thats a killer story man!!!!!
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    I just watched the weather girl on tv but dont remember much of the forecast at this point in time, even if it had nothing to do with noblesville..lmao

Anyway, big fucking deal, rain is awesome...Oakland '97 and Verona '06 were two of the best shows I've ever had the privilege of experiencing, and it was raining cats and dogs

I'm sure you'll have a good time regardless..
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    Rain usually indicates release as the openener, which is not a bad thing :)
    I will swallow poison