Missing the Cleveland show

irish1313irish1313 Posts: 118
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Hey all,
I don't post a whole lot, especially when the post will end up being a "woe is me". But what a terrible week for me in regards to my Cleveland trip. I just found out on Monday that I have a ruptured disc in my neck, and a crushed spinal cord. Yeah... pretty crappy. The good thing is that there wasnt any trauma involved. Surgery next week to try to fix things, a fusion and some kinda spinal cord fix attempt. I am pretty lucky so far, only pain and limited use of right arm.
But man, did I have it all planned and paid for this weekend. Tigers/Indians in Saturday with my buddy, then the Saturday meet up for some good o' PJ drinking/meeting more 10c people. And then of course the pre party and concert. I always end up meeting the coolest cats at the pre party and other events leading up to the show.
At Chicago 1 last year, my wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Dissidentman and his awesome group, and had a great weekend with them. Thats is one of the greatest things about PJ shows.
I chose to get tickets outside the 10c for this show because I had horrible seats in Chicago. I ended up getting floor seats for Cleveland. I will give them to a buddy that loves PJ as much as I do.
I have seen 11 shows and have not heard BLACK 1 time if you can believe that! As a matter of fact, Dissident man also went to Chicago2 last year and called me from the show when Black was played...that was cool. Mark my words.. Black will probably be on the set list for Cleveland! LOL

The good thing is that with the surgery, recovery should be good, and that is all I am concerned about for now.

For those attending the show, be safe, have a great time...and call me when they play Black!
Nashville / Detroit 2000
Grand Rapids 2003
Grand Rapids 2004
Grand Rapids / Detroit 2006, Chicago 2009, PJ 20 both days, Wrigley 2013
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• poisonpoison Posts: 65
    I am VERY interested in your tickets!!!

Sorry about your situation though, that really stinks. Where are the seats?
    Can you email me with detials or call me for payment arrangments.
  • BeeGirl86BeeGirl86 Posts: 172
    I wish I knew you better. I am from Pittsburgh and am sooo depressed about not going to the show. I would be extremelyyyyyyyyyy interested in your tickets. Sorry about your situation.
    I miss you alreddie.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    irish1313 wrote:
    Hey all,
    I don't post a whole lot, especially when the post will end up being a "woe is me". But what a terrible week for me in regards to my Cleveland trip. I just found out on Monday that I have a ruptured disc in my neck, and a crushed spinal cord. Yeah... pretty crappy. The good thing is that there wasnt any trauma involved. Surgery next week to try to fix things, a fusion and some kinda spinal cord fix attempt. I am pretty lucky so far, only pain and limited use of right arm.
    But man, did I have it all planned and paid for this weekend. Tigers/Indians in Saturday with my buddy, then the Saturday meet up for some good o' PJ drinking/meeting more 10c people. And then of course the pre party and concert. I always end up meeting the coolest cats at the pre party and other events leading up to the show.
    At Chicago 1 last year, my wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Dissidentman and his awesome group, and had a great weekend with them. Thats is one of the greatest things about PJ shows.
    I chose to get tickets outside the 10c for this show because I had horrible seats in Chicago. I ended up getting floor seats for Cleveland. I will give them to a buddy that loves PJ as much as I do.
    I have seen 11 shows and have not heard BLACK 1 time if you can believe that! As a matter of fact, Dissident man also went to Chicago2 last year and called me from the show when Black was played...that was cool. Mark my words.. Black will probably be on the set list for Cleveland! LOL

The good thing is that with the surgery, recovery should be good, and that is all I am concerned about for now.

For those attending the show, be safe, have a great time...and call me when they play Black!
    I am so sorry for your misfortune. Speedy recovery to you. I can relate but won't go into it. I'm sure you have sought out a second maybe third opinion on your surgery. I couldn't walk and had a drop foot last year, similar to your arm situation and given time I healed without the surgery one Doc recommended, actually he was attempting to bully me into. Just be sure it is right for you. Good luck and there will be plenty more PJ concerts for you after you are well :)
  • irish1313irish1313 Posts: 118
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Also thanks for all the PM's regarding my tickets. I ended up giving them to a good friend that is attending the Noblesville show. He promised to take a ton of pics and pick me up a poster or something.
    As far as an update, my surgery is scheduled for this Tuesday.

For all that are attending the shows this week, be safe, have a friggin blast and be responsible.

And I am not kidding... when they play Black ( they will, because I am not there!), call me so I can hear it LOL
    out
    Let me tell you, Priceline is a pain in the a$$ to get refunds, but for a $25 per room per night, they did it. Net loss on the rooms only about 40 bucks.
    Nashville / Detroit 2000
    Grand Rapids 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids / Detroit 2006, Chicago 2009, PJ 20 both days, Wrigley 2013