Picking up posters after the shows, or gotta lug them around

Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
edited May 2010 in The Porch
when I was in DC a couple of years ago, i purchased a wrist band to get my poster after the show was over. Which I loved. Didn't have to worry about messing it up during the show. This was the first and only time I saw them do this....but I don't get to many shows. How are they doing it for this tour?
"It's all happening"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191
    From all reports so far, no wristbands. You have to buy it and lug them. I thought the wristbands were a great idea. Didn't have to worry about the poster and allowed most of the traffic to dissipate by the time you got to your car.

BTW, to anyone who's already been to a show this year: Are the posters selling out quickly or are they still left over at the end of the night?
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    From all reports so far, no wristbands. You have to buy it and lug them. I thought the wristbands were a great idea. Didn't have to worry about the poster and allowed most of the traffic to dissipate by the time you got to your car.

BTW, to anyone who's already been to a show this year: Are the posters selling out quickly or are they still left over at the end of the night?

Saw a report about the EMEK poster, that they were easy to get all night long, but eventually sold out by the end of the show.

If the 09 tour was any indication, there will end up being more supply than demand. So I wouldn't fret.

I would personally wait until after the show and pick one up via the 10 club sale, or for 80 Cents on the Dollar on eBay after a few weeks/a couple months.*

*There will usually be couple really hot posters that don't lose value and are harder to come by, but even then they are not that hard to get.
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    The wristband thing was one the better ideas 10C has ever implemented at shows. No idea at all why they dropped this plan. Please bring it back!!!

ALso, I hope they stop selling posters at the booth *outside* the ticketed spaces of MSG. Anyone can go up and buy one. All these years I've never gotten a poster at MSG.