Waiting on a Rock Star!

_Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So, Sunday night it was my turn to be the host(ess) in the restaurant where I work. I've only been back to work 3 weeks after 4 months off because I had a baby in February.
I answered the phone, & a man was making a reservation for Wednesday night.
Him: "There will be 7 of us, at 7:00."
Me: "Oh, 7 at 7 that's easy."
Him: "that's why I picked 7, so I can remember. Oh, and one of the people in our party is a rock star. A real live rock star that is playing concerts right now. I can't tell you who."
Me: "ooooh, that's exciting! I'm working Wednesday night, so I'll be able to see the rock star for myself!"
Him: "that's great. Hey, is Mary working Wednesday night?"
Me: "I'm Mary! I'll be here!"
Him: "Oh, Mary, you probably don't recognize my voice over the phone, but you're our favorite! Can you wait on us?!"

Yep. I'm gonna wait on a rock star tomorrow. I realized the guy who made the reservation owns a giant hotel in Sacramento, so I'm thinking the rock star is staying in his hotel. Then I looked online to see who is playing in Sacramento this weekend & the only band I can see is Daughtry. I hope it's not Daughtry. I'm hoping for Eddie Vedder, obviously. I don't even know what Daughtry looks like.
I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    edited May 2010
    I would say it is Jason Wade, of Lifehouse if it is not Daughtry. They are touring with Daughtry. Their facebook for Monday says they are playing at home, in LA and on Thursday, they will be in San Jose. Jason Wade has short brown hair overly highlighted too blonde. You'll know it's him by his eyes. We saw him before in Baltimore and his eyes were turquoise! His drummer used to have red hair now he's bald and he wears a hat. That's Rick.
    It seems like maybe you've waited on them before since the caller said you are their favorite. Make sure you mention Pearl Jam. :)

daughtry is about 33 I think with a shaved head, here he is in the middle with the mean look on his face:
    http://www.daughtryofficial.com/us/home

I have a feeling you'll be disappointed though and it will be Mick Jones from foreigner. He's a great guitar player though.
    Post edited by iluvcats on
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    p.s.

according to pollstar for sacramento, it could be .38 special or Foreigner (old guys)

lifehouse are around 28 I think...
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i bet it's the dude from depeche mode.
    i heard he likes surprising people at restaurants.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I know it on good authority that Vedder doesnt tip.... It's something i taught him about when he was last in Scotland... well i say 'taught'.. i meant 'punched until he agreed with me'.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    I know it on good authority that Vedder doesnt tip.... It's something i taught him about when he was last in Scotland... well i say 'taught'.. i meant 'punched until he agreed with me'.

Did you at least get in a song request?
    maybe it is Bret Michaels :)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    Oh my God!
    He was a Swedish rock star named Jonas. His stage name is something like Bass Master or Bass Mixer. Something silly like that. I can't even find anything on him when I do a search, but he was HOTT!!!
    And he blew me a kiss. And said he likes me more than his mom's swedish meatballs....
    Too bad he was a nobody. I did make $100 from that table, though.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I think it's Basshunter. He was on celebrity Big Brother over here this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basshunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgFwiCApH7E

Not my type of music, but I think he's quite popular.
    Claireack wrote:
    I think it's Basshunter. He was on celebrity Big Brother over here this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basshunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgFwiCApH7E

Not my type of music, but I think he's quite popular.

Oh, that's him! Thank you! That was fun
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    :shock: i was hoping it was dick vitale :shock:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Pfft... what a letdown!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:

total letdown! At least he was cute ;)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Lizard wrote:

You got Shemped!

Explanation: Shemp replaced Curly in the three stooges, but he wasn't nearly as funny, so when you are excited about seeing Curly, and he isn't in the episode, you are forced to settle for Shemp! :)
    at least it really was a celeb. I was afraid somebody was pranking you on the phone. I'm glad you had fun!
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

You got Shemped!

Explanation: Shemp replaced Curly in the three stooges, but he wasn't nearly as funny, so when you are excited about seeing Curly, and he isn't in the episode, you are forced to settle for Shemp! :)

Could have been worse, she could have been Curly Joe'ed.
    At least he was good looking, sounded quite pleasant, and tipped well. Nice!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    total letdown! At least he was cute ;)[/quote]

You got Shemped!

Explanation: Shemp replaced Curly in the three stooges, but he wasn't nearly as funny, so when you are excited about seeing Curly, and he isn't in the episode, you are forced to settle for Shemp! :)[/quote]

At least he was good looking, sounded quite pleasant, and tipped well. Nice![/quote]

You talking about Shemp? I suppose he did have his handsome moments!.....He was a much better tipper than Larry!
  • DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

You got Shemped!

Explanation: Shemp replaced Curly in the three stooges, but he wasn't nearly as funny, so when you are excited about seeing Curly, and he isn't in the episode, you are forced to settle for Shemp! :)[/quote]

At least he was good looking, sounded quite pleasant, and tipped well. Nice![/quote]

You talking about Shemp? I suppose he did have his handsome moments!.....He was a much better tipper than Larry![/quote]

I'll bet of the original Three Stooges, Shemp and Curly Joe, the best tipper was Moe. He strikes me as that kind of a guy.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)