5 Hr. Energy and ALCOHOL???

2»

Comments

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I would not drink at a pj concert -- I would not want to go to the bathroom and miss a second of the concert.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    why not take a sleeping pill just before boarding your plane? and why do you have to stay up all day in columbus? take a nap during the day if you can.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    the one and only time i ever drank 5 hour energy is when i was driving a semi.
    it did make me feel weird and gave me a red rash my chest.
    perhaps i was drinking lots of high powered coffee too? i dunno.
    maybe i was eating nodoz or other stupid ass caffeine pills.
    i don't remember but i know it made me feel out of sorts and i didn't like it much.

electric head?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fsc0UFRyhU
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    iluvcats wrote:
    I would not drink at a pj concert -- I would not want to go to the bathroom and miss a second of the concert.
    do not puke on ppl.

drinking and whatnot can be a bit much for some of us...

no what i meen ?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:
    do not puke on ppl.

no what i meen ?

why would I puke on people if i am not drinking? I rarely drink beer, wine or Jack D. any more at all. I usually don't drink at a concert b/c I don't want to miss any thing. Did you misread what I said?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:
    do not puke on ppl.

no what i meen ?

why would I puke on people if i am not drinking? I rarely drink beer, wine or Jack D. any more at all. I usually don't drink at a concert b/c I don't want to miss any thing. Did you misread what I said?

i missed something..
    ??
    i wasnt saying anything to anyone.
    i havent even read the thread.

just saying drinking (in my case it was a lot and all day and all night long) partying it up smokin and shit..
    not a smart guy = me..

i puked @ the who... fuck ya'll

:mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I thought you were talking to me since you quoted me. Sorry :)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    I thought you were talking to me since you quoted me. Sorry :)
    just adding my two cents worth.
    obviously that's about all it's worth. :mrgreen:

no hard feelings

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,973
    I'll try to nap on the plane....I'll be shocked if I doze off. I doubt I'll get a nap. I will drink at the pre-party...I'm a very happy, non-annoying drunk...I never get so drunk as to rain (or puke) on someone else's parade. I may try a little 5 hour...I may not.

this thread has as many questions as answers. thanks for you "help." :lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    hey are you really that surprised? i've learned on here you're damn lucky to get an answer IF you get one at all. :lol:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    imalive wrote:
    seriously.

I have to fly all night and stay awake all day leading up to Columbus.

You should try to sleep some - being so tired will affect your enjoyment of the show. Get a window seat (so you can lean your head against the wall), a pillow, and wear earplugs and an something to block out the light, if you're taking the red-eye from the west and try to grab 4-5 hours of sleep.

I can't answer your question about mixing 5 hour energy and alcohol, but I can tell you I saw this clerk in walgreens who had just drunk 5 hour energy and his face was all flushed and he felt sick he said.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,041
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Nothing can possibly go wrong when mixing alcohol and energy drinks. I'd probably smoke a little crack as well, you know, just to spice it up a bit.
    I can give him my old dealers #!!!!! Or we could just take a walk in the Short North a few streets off of High St.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited May 2010
    I have never tried the 5 Hr. Energy drink but I have experienced the redness and flush from Niacin, B3. I just looked up the ingredients in the energy drink and it says the flush lasts a few minutes. My niacin bad experience lasted more like an hour, maybe 2. I completely forgot I took it. Exactly an hour later my lips were burning, next my brain, and then I turned very red like a sunburn. I was hot. I would not want to experience that at a concert, especially out in the sun or waiting in line for my tenclub tix. I threw the B3 away. I think it was beneficial like a detox, I slept very well that night but my sister said she had the same reaction and advised me to not take it.
    Post edited by iluvcats on
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    iluvcats wrote:
    I have never tried the 5 Hr. Energy drink but I have experienced the redness and flush from Niacin, B3. I just looked up the ingredients in the energy drink and it says the flush lasts a few minutes. My niacin bad experience lasted more like an hour. I completely forgot I took it. Exactly an hour lately, my lips were burning, next my brain, and then I turned very red like a sunburn. I was hot. I would not want to experience that at a concert, especially out in the sun or waiting in line for my tenclub tix. I threw it the B3 away. I think it was beneficial, I slept very well that night but my sister said she had the same reaction and advised me to not take it.

Do they make a "flush free" 5 Hour Energy drink? Just dissolve a no-doze in your beer..
    I would drink some vitamin water. I get dehydrated when I fly.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    I would drink some vitamin water. I get dehydrated when I fly.

I just get high.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    imalive wrote:
    seriously.

I have to fly all night and stay awake all day leading up to Columbus. Is a 5 Hr. Energy a good idea with the copious amounts of alcohol I will, no doubt :mrgreen: , be drinking? :wtf:
    I think I would go natural and not try anything new I wasn't used to. Tummy upset or jitters might happen if you are sensitive like me. You will have extra energy cause you will be physced for your trip and the concert and super happy. Relaxing on the plane or whenever you can is just as good as sleeping. Just concentrate on that and enjoy!
  • he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    Done this a few times. No problems. Just like drinking a red bull and vodka... I don't even notice the energy drink.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Never understood the energy drink/alcohol thing... nothing worse at the end of a night than being shitfaced, and not being able to go to sleep.

Hell, I don't even like drinking a lot of rum (or jack) and cokes... too much sugar and caffeine...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    hey are you really that surprised? i've learned on here you're damn lucky to get an answer IF you get one at all. :lol:
    we do tend to get a little off topic, sometimes :lol::lol:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Nothing can possibly go wrong when mixing alcohol and energy drinks. I'd probably smoke a little crack as well, you know, just to spice it up a bit.
    I can give him my old dealers #!!!!! Or we could just take a walk in the Short North a few streets off of High St.
    it's been awhile since I lived in C-bus, but I could probably still score if I needed to :mrgreen: . Used to live in a total shithole, south of campus. :shock:
    iluvcats wrote:
    I have never tried the 5 Hr. Energy drink but I have experienced the redness and flush from Niacin, B3. I just looked up the ingredients in the energy drink and it says the flush lasts a few minutes. My niacin bad experience lasted more like an hour, maybe 2. I completely forgot I took it. Exactly an hour later my lips were burning, next my brain, and then I turned very red like a sunburn. I was hot.
    yeah, I remember some "buddies" giving me some of that crap once. :oops:
    Done this a few times. No problems. Just like drinking a red bull and vodka... I don't even notice the energy drink.
    an answer! :thumbup:
    ... nothing worse at the end of a night than being shitfaced, and not being able to go to sleep.
    :lol::lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

and it only took 4 pages...
    imalive wrote:

YOU were no fucking help! ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i was a lot of help...always listen to rick james

bitch!

:mrgreen:
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

YOU were no fucking help! ;)

I can only do so much. And my "next to nothing" quota was met well before you started that thread...