Expecting mother of the year...

blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Some people shouldn't reproduce...

Troopers: Pregnant mom drove drunk

Staff reports
Last updated: 9:37 a.m., Tuesday, May 4, 2010

NEW LEBANON -- An expecting mother from Wynantskill is facing driving while intoxicated charges this morning after State Police said she had a blood alcohol content more than double the legal limit when they stopped her car on Route 20.

Jennifer Caruso, 28, was charged with aggravated DWI for having a blood alcohol content of .20 percent, driving while intoxicated, and unlawful possession of marijuana.

State Police said she is eight months pregnant.

Caruso nearly struck Trooper Bryan Cloutier's patrol car Monday night after the officer pulled over another car, State Police said.

Once they stopped her car, State Police said they learned the woman was lost, "having overshot the East Greenbush Wal-Mart by more than 20 miles."

Caruso was given tickets. She is due back in Town Court on May 13.
http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/st ... ID=927807+
My whole life
was like a picture
of a sunny day
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
― Abraham Lincoln
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Sick.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • joeybucketsjoeybuckets Posts: 511
    What a skell.
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    she's fantastic.
    what a gem.

:roll: :crazy:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I have a 32 year old neighbor who has a 7 year old boy who her dad raises, another son, age 4, who she gave up for adoption and she is pregnant again!! The son she gave up for adoption doesn't talk and its likely because of what she did while pregnant. She is single and has bipolar. She "dates" guys from the internet for money.
    Well, she thought her cousin was going to adopt the child she is pregnant with and just doesn't care what she puts into her body. She uses any drug that comes her way. I have seen her use crack, drink wine everyday, pot, xanax, etc. She does know better, but doesn't care.
    Well, the cousin just backed out. I have spoke with her about what she is doing. She acted like she understands, yet she still does this stuff! I don't know what to do. I am witnessing child abuse, but I don't know if the law or child protective services considers it abuse. Even if, at birth, they find drugs in the child's body it is too late for the child. It will already have the damage this girl's behavior has done. Sure, the girl will be in trouble, but that does little to help this baby.
    I keep contact with the girl just because I hope I can influence her in some way and just maybe there will be a little luck. Actually a whole lot of luck is needed.
    She has a sister and dad who cares, but they also don't know what to do.
    Any advice would be helpful. I am a social worker who worked with abused, neglected, and homeless teens for my entire career, yet I am stumped with this.
    No mother of the year award goes this girl's way!!
    Save room for dessert!
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    I have a 32 year old neighbor who has a 7 year old boy who her dad raises, another son, age 4, who she gave up for adoption and she is pregnant again!! The son she gave up for adoption doesn't talk and its likely because of what she did while pregnant. She is single and has bipolar. She "dates" guys from the internet for money.
    Well, she thought her cousin was going to adopt the child she is pregnant with and just doesn't care what she puts into her body. She uses any drug that comes her way. I have seen her use crack, drink wine everyday, pot, xanax, etc. She does know better, but doesn't care.
    Well, the cousin just backed out. I have spoke with her about what she is doing. She acted like she understands, yet she still does this stuff! I don't know what to do. I am witnessing child abuse, but I don't know if the law or child protective services considers it abuse. Even if, at birth, they find drugs in the child's body it is too late for the child. It will already have the damage this girl's behavior has done. Sure, the girl will be in trouble, but that does little to help this baby.
    I keep contact with the girl just because I hope I can influence her in some way and just maybe there will be a little luck. Actually a whole lot of luck is needed.
    Any advice would be helpful. I am a social worker who worked with abused, neglected, and homeless teens for my entire career, yet I am stumped with this.

That is really sad! I wish I had an answer for you ... but things work differently my country than the US. If you as a social worker don't know where to turn then there is something wrong with the system (obviously). Those poor children, they didn't choose this life for themselves.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Heatherj43 wrote:

That is really sad! I wish I had an answer for you ... but things work differently my country than the US. If you as a social worker don't know where to turn then there is something wrong with the system (obviously). Those poor children, they didn't choose this life for themselves.
    The issue I have is that the child isn't born yet, so I am unsure if she is commiting any crime that I can prove.
    I am afraid the most I can do is try to knock common sense into her and hope its not too late.
    Save room for dessert!