Last night in KC, a little bit of luck and a sweet souvenir.

MechanicalapeMechanicalape Posts: 28
edited May 2010 in The Porch
So before the KC show last night, a kind stranger a few rows back pointed out that there seemed to be something under my fiance's chair. She scooped it up and it turned out to be a used guitar pick. It definately seemed like the peson who pointed it out to us had already found one himself. I made certain to ask those around me if they happened to have dropped it. No one near me knew anything about it.

There was another pick a few rows up that my fiance spotted latter on and she let the person in that seat know to snatch it up. The chatter on the floor was that the club randomly sprinkles a few out into the fan club seats before shows(?). I've never heard of this prior to this show but I walked away happy!

Front and Back:
pick2sides640wide.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Awesome ! Congrats !
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 832
    Nice! Now if we could just figure out what EV stands for!
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    nice grab...i have been lucky enough to get 2 of those picks.

I dont think 10club sprinkles them out under the seats tho...i assume its from sound check.
  • inmytree1380inmytree1380 Posts: 155
    Mcam55 wrote:
    I dont think 10club sprinkles them out under the seats tho...i assume its from sound check.

This is common practice for most concerts. The band will sound check and throw pics out randomly. I've actually seend band mates and techs see who had the best distance and accuracy with a pic.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2003: Pittsburgh
    2004: Toledo
    2005: Pittsburgh
    2006: Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    2008: D.C.
    2009: Toronto, Philly IV
    2010: Cleveland
    2011: East Troy I & II
    2013: Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore
    2014: Austin I
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Hampton, Philly II, Chicago II
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    So before the KC show last night, a kind stranger a few rows back pointed out that there seemed to be something under my fiance's chair. She scooped it up and it turned out to be a used guitar pick. It definately seemed like the peson who pointed it out to us had already found one himself. I made certain to ask those around me if they happened to have dropped it. No one near me knew anything about it.

There was another pick a few rows up that my fiance spotted latter on and she let the person in that seat know to snatch it up. The chatter on the floor was that the club randomly sprinkles a few out into the fan club seats before shows(?). I've never heard of this prior to this show but I walked away happy!

Front and Back:
    pick2sides640wide.jpg

Congrats Dude!!!!! :mrgreen:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    wow
    how cool

ill be sure to study the floor !!!!!
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    REMEMBER A FEW YEARS BACK WHEN THE GUY TOOK THE PICTURE OF THE FLOOR RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS SEAT and didn't notice the EV pick until he looked at his camera at home :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • I'd originally thought that it might have been from sound check but I was 12 rows back.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I'd originally thought that it might have been from sound check but I was 12 rows back.

very easy throw for a good pic thrower :D
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......