Help my little Pearl

maldog9maldog9 Posts: 2
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
"All Encompassing Trip" describes my life perfectly and that is why I am here to ask my Pearl Jam brothers and sisters to help me along in my journey. My daughter is called Pearl and she was diagnosed with Autism last summer, she is now almost three years old and everyday is a battle for her. I named her Pearl for obvious reasons and she is just like my favouroite band, strong, brave, beautiful and funny. Pearl Jam have been part of my life from the very beginning of their career and I have seen them so many times and met Ed, Matt and Mike on 3 seperate occasions and have been utterly blown away by how caring and down to earth these men are.

Their music gave me strength when I battled Alcoholism last year and remember always saying in my head "I've faced it a life wasted, I ain't never goin' back again..." When it came to my daughters diagnosis I turned to PJ again and started to run to combat the stress. Nowadays I run endurance events like 100 kilometre races and running for 24 hours non stop, this gives me time to reflect and to look forward too. Pearl Jam fans are such a beautiful bunch of human beings and at every concert I am taken aback all over again by the caring collective that we are. All experiencing the same love and positivity. So I ask you my friends for one thing, please check out my link to our facebook page and become a fan. This will help us spread the word about Autism and not only help Pearl but also the millions of kids and families who have been touched by this handicap.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paris-Fra ... 365?ref=mf

Or if you do not use facebook please visit our site http://www.runningforpearl.com and sign the guestbook.
I know that together we can all make a difference and thanks for taking the time to read my story. Without this band I think all our loves would be so, so different.
God Bless you all.
Malcolm.
Seed to seedling, root to stem.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sifoxysifoxy Posts: 63
    i know how you feel, my 3 year old is also autistic. more needs to be done to make people aware of this. good luck with the running and good luck with pearl.
    i can kill, coz in god i trust
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Great cause, and good luck with the running (rather you than me).
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I am always in shock when I hear about the amount of kids who have autism these days. There has to be so much more done and throwing money at it is a huge part of the answer. Poeple need to be more aware about how this is running rampant and start putting the money they donate to this cause!! There are tons of causes, but this one has to take priority and it has to happen now!
    Kids are OUR future. They are the ones who will be making decisions and running the world for US and we will just HAVE to live in it with no choices. WE have to take responsiblity for OUR own future NOW and by making sure the future generations have all WE can give them.
    Bless all of you who deal with this on a daily basis. I wish the very best for you.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Keep up the good work...

Thoughts and prayers are with ya!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."