something something something darkside...

catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
... best sequel ever. and not news to me. ;):mrgreen:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainmen ... ilm-sequel

The Empire Strikes Back has been named the greatest movie sequel of all time in a UK poll.

The 1980 film - George Lucas's follow-up to Star Wars: A New Hope - drew almost one fifth of all votes.

DVD rental firm Lovefilm launched the poll to celebrate the release of Iron Man 2.

The Empire Strikes Back, which featured the battle on ice planet Hoth, Lando Calrissian's cloud city and the shocking moment Luke Skywalker discovered Darth Vader was his father, is favoured by some fans as the best film in the original Star Wars trilogy.

It landed 19 per cent of the votes, beating movies such as Terminator 2 and Aliens.

Fourth place went to The Dark Knight, the sixth film of the Batman franchise and the last completed project of Aussie heartthrob Heath Ledger, who died from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs in January 2008. He starred as the Joker in the film.

Helen Cowley, editor at online rental service Lovefilm, said: "There's no beating Star Wars, and fans have been very vocal in our poll to establish its place as the top sequel of all time.

"Film sequels give us the chance to see our favourite characters back on the big screen but it's rare to find a sequel that truly does its predecessor justice.

"It's great to see so many highly regarded titles in the top 10 and making their own mark on film history."

The top 10 film sequels:

1. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

2. Terminator 2 (1991)

3. The Godfather Part II (1974)

4. The Dark Knight (2008)

5. Aliens (1986)

6. The Bourne Supremacy (2004)

7. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)

8. Toy Story 2 (1999)

9. Meet the Fockers (2004)

10. Shrek 2 (2004)

hear my name
take a good look
this could be the day
hold my hand
lie beside me
i just need to say
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    where's Speed 2?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    where's Speed 2?

at the bottom of the caribbean where it should be. :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    breakin2.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Tremor ChrisTremor Chris Posts: 231
    jimed14 wrote:
    breakin2.jpg

You beat me to it! DANG IT!!! :D