The green smoothie

TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Has anyone here tried these? I'm on day No. 7 and feel sooooo much better. I really took note of the green smoothie's effects the fifth day, and yesterday, I felt like Superman. Drinking these makes your energy level soar, and your attitude and mental clarity improves drastically.

Two bananas (break in half)
One apple (cut into eighths)
A dozen grapes
Handful of frozen strawberries
Handful of frozen blueberries
10 to 12 ounces of water
Big fistful of kale (five stalks — break them up)
Fistful of baby spinach
Handful of fresh (not frozen) broccoli
Six baby carrots

Blend the bananas, apple, grapes, strawberries, blueberries and water first. Then add the rest. It makes it much easier. I blend it on ice crusher and then switch to liquify.

Freeze for 60 to 90 minutes, depending on how thick you want it. Experiment.

Or if you're making them ahead of time: I make mine at 6 p.m. and freeze until 9, when I put it in the fridge. At 11:45 a.m., I pop it back in a freezer for 30 minutes and then drink for lunch.

This drink is probably one of the best things you can consume. Because the food is in a predigested state, your body doesn't waste energy on digestion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    Where did you find this recipe?
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
    thefin190 wrote:
    Where did you find this recipe?

A couple of friends have been telling me about these drinks for about 18 months. Don't wait that long to try it! One friend e-mailed me the recipe, and I added the strawberries, blueberries, broccoli and carrots.

You must try it!