CONAN RIPS INTO LENO ON 60 MINS TONIGHT

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,618
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
gotta see this tonight!

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/20385 ... t-nbc.html

CONAN O’Brien is still unhappy with Jay Leno!

During an interview with 60 Minutes, Conan insists that had been turned during his late-night dispute with Jay, he knows what he would — and wouldn’t — have done to his big-chinned former network buddy.

“He went and took that show back, and I think in a similar situation, if roles had been reversed, I know — I know me, I wouldn’t have done that,” O’Brien, 47, says.

“If I had surrendered The Tonight Show and handed it over to somebody publicly and wished them well — and then … six months later. But that’s me, you know. Everyone’s got their own, you know, way of doing things.”

When asked what O’Brien would have done instead he said he would have “done something else, go someplace else. I mean, that’s just me.”

Earlier this week, Leno came under fire from David Letterman.

“I loved it, I thought it was very exciting,” Letterman said on his show. “It was great fun.

“I love Jay summing the whole thing up — ‘Yeah, well, we both got screwed’. I said, ‘No, wait a minute Jay, you both got screwed yet you’re the only one who ended up with a show. How did you get screwed, exactly?’”

When Letterman’s guest Dr Phil suggested that Leno “got a bum wrap” — the host replied, “He got everything he deserved. Believe me, he got everything he deserved.

“It was good fun and I couldn’t get enough of it and I wish it was still going on. I loved Jay saying, ‘Well, you know, my show got canceled too’. Yeah, but you got your old show back. Hilarious.

“I’ve known Jay since 1975 and when we first met and were hanging around everyone loved Jay because he’s so funny, so engaging, so compelling — you can’t not love him. But then there’s also this other side of him — and I think he’d own up to it — he’s just a complete boob.

“He can’t help himself. And it’s just a lot of fun now that we were able to say, ‘Oh, here’s the Jay we all remember’.”
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Sounds more like Conan bein humble about it and Letterman rippin Leno...good on all of 'em.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Already a 60 Minutes junky,
    this has got me all giddy over this interview tonight.

Fuck Jay Leno ., ultimate douche`
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Earlier this week, Leno came under fire from David Letterman.

“I loved it, I thought it was very exciting,” Letterman said on his show. “It was great fun.

“I love Jay summing the whole thing up — ‘Yeah, well, we both got screwed’. I said, ‘No, wait a minute Jay, you both got screwed yet you’re the only one who ended up with a show. How did you get screwed, exactly?’”

When Letterman’s guest Dr Phil suggested that Leno “got a bum wrap” — the host replied, “He got everything he deserved. Believe me, he got everything he deserved.

“It was good fun and I couldn’t get enough of it and I wish it was still going on. I loved Jay saying, ‘Well, you know, my show got canceled too’. Yeah, but you got your old show back. Hilarious.

“I’ve known Jay since 1975 and when we first met and were hanging around everyone loved Jay because he’s so funny, so engaging, so compelling — you can’t not love him. But then there’s also this other side of him — and I think he’d own up to it — he’s just a complete boob.

“He can’t help himself. And it’s just a lot of fun now that we were able to say, ‘Oh, here’s the Jay we all remember’.”

http://www.cbs.com/late_night/late_show ... vs=Default

:lol::lol:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,618
    cant wait to see this :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    DVR set!!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,041
    it was good. not exactly a ripping in my book. think part of that exit contract is still in effect. but he got his point across.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    so he wants us to think he didnt get screwed.
    but im sorry
    he did get screwed out of the tonight show,
    no doubt.

and rightfully, it hurt him.
    you can tell.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    He hardly "ripped" Leno.

You could tell, he had a LOT going through his head and held the censor button down very firmly throughout the interview.

For as much as I wanted him to reveal some dirt on Leno and the inner-workings of what really happened, I think Conan once again went the honorable route...something I'm certain Leno is unfamiliar with.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Loved it!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    mickeyrat wrote:
    it was good. not exactly a ripping in my book. think part of that exit contract is still in effect. but he got his point across.

I agree 100%
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Quite the thrashing he gave Leno!!!
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    well that is one hell of a non-disclosure agreement :shock: :lol:

it was a telling interview with conan not saying much...seems pretty angry but covers it up with jokes
    norm wrote:

it was a telling interview with conan not saying much...seems pretty angry but covers it up with jokes

good interview. you can tell he wanted to say more though.

i wish i could have caught his comedy tour...
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    sucky interview .60 minutes should have looked into the late show losing money situation
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    sucky interview .60 minutes should have looked into the late show losing money situation

you mean tonight show?

yeah that was a pretty awkward moment...
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

you mean tonight show?

yeah that was a pretty awkward moment...

yea the interview dude should of checked up on that

i don't see how they're losing money
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    bathgate, I'm a 60 minutes junkie too :)

and I don't think he ripped Leno at all, but it was obvious how dissappointed he is over the whole thing

I think what Leno did sucks, and I refuse to watch him ever again. You just don't do shit like that.
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    norm wrote:

good interview. you can tell he wanted to say more though.

i wish i could have caught his comedy tour...

Yea his agreement was that he is not allowed to make public remarks disparaging either Jay Leno or NBC.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I thought Conan kept it classy, beside the point he was contracted not to say much.

I'm seeing him tonight in San Jose, wooohoooo!!