Indiana Pearl Jam Fan Fighting For His Life...

SlightOfHandSlightOfHand Posts: 24
edited May 2010 in The Porch
and could use everyones prayers and support...

My friend Dennis has been in the ICU for over a week now due to complications from Diabeties. His is in septic shock and is on a ventilator at the moment. They have had to amputate most of his right foot. He also has a blood clot in his right arm. He also has one collapsed lung that is filled with infection. Yesterday they had to put 3 chest tubes in to remove the infection, this was a ver risky surgery. His wife asked the Dr if he would make it and she recieved and blank look and gave Dennis a 50/50 chance at surviving. Dennis and i have been like brothers and began listening to Pearl Jam in 91 and have attended every local show(Indy-Cinci) since. Please keep him, his wife Michelle and their kids Coleman and Lauren in your thoughts and prayers. He truly has a Long Road ahead. Thanks for listening!
"Research your own experiences for the truth...Absorb what is useful...Add what is specifically your own...The creating individual is more important than any style or system" Bruce Lee
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Thoughts and prayers to you all!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    sorry for that!!!i hope all go well,and wish him fast recovery
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • thanks everyone, this Friday's show is going to be a tough one for me. Hopefully i'll be able to channel all of the positive energy and send it his way!
    "Research your own experiences for the truth...Absorb what is useful...Add what is specifically your own...The creating individual is more important than any style or system" Bruce Lee
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    He has come through so much already so I feel he has the fight to go all the way. Him and his family are in all our thoughts.

I wish him all the best for this fight, which he will win.

Phil
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    That sounds really tough, I'm sorry. Hang in there, I'll definitely keep Dennis in my thoughts and wish him a strong recovery.
  • Thoughts and prayers with him.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Positive thoughts to Dennis and you - keep fighting!
  • IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 671
    Thoughts and prayers sent to Dennis and his family and friends. Please pull through this Dennis, you have a lot of fellow pearl jam fans the are thinking of you and wishing you the very best!!

SlightOfHand, could you please PM me some more information-like his last name. I am organizing the pre-party event at Mo's and I would like to say something at the event, just so we can keep him with us as we celebrate Pearl Jam in Indy.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Dennis- Fight To Get It Back Again !

Coming from a fellow insulin dependant diabetic of 38 years ,
    its a tough battle everyday.
    Its debilitating with all of the peripheral side effects ,
    All of the somatic body systems are directly affected by Diabetes .
    Healing in general for a Diabetic is hampered from the get-go .
    I wish him and his family great strength and stamina for a long haul, thats for sure.
    God Bless.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    my thoughts go out to you, and i hope he make a recovery. and i feel your pain, because my dad has diabeties to, and the other month my mum found him still in his bed one morning, pretty close to death, due to some complication, but luckily found him in time, and he made a recovery, but he is slowly going downhill with his condition, with this i mean his eyesight isn't good, and his legs arn't what they used to be.

so anyway sorry to hear about your friend, and again i hope he pulls through.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    Praying for Dennis. Best of luck with everything man.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
    Best advice for your friend: Switch the person to a raw-food diet. Read "Arnold's Articles": www.arnoldsway.com

Here's the first step — and try it yourself (I just started a week ago and feel sooooo much better) — the green smoothie:

Two bananas (break in half)
    One apple (cut into eighths)
    A dozen grapes
    Handful of frozen strawberries
    Handful of frozen blueberries
    10 to 12 ounces of water
    Big fistful of kale (five stalks — break them up)
    Fistful of baby spinach
    Handful of fresh (not frozen) broccoli
    Six baby carrots

Blend the bananas, apple, grapes, strawberries, blueberries and water first. Then add the rest. It makes it much easier. I blend it on ice crusher and then switch to liquify.

Freeze for 60 to 90 minutes, depending on how thick you want it. Experiment.

Or if you're making them ahead of time: I make mine at 6 p.m. and freeze until 9, when I put it in the fridge. At 11:45 a.m., I pop it back in a freezer for 30 minutes and then drink for lunch. (I need to find something to complement it because by that point, I've consumed a breakfast fruit smoothie, an apple and then the green smoothie. That's about 60 ounces of smoothie floating inside my belly over just shy of four hours. I've felt a bit queasy in the midsection, but it just might take some time to get used to it.)

This drink is probably one of the best things you can consume. Because the food is in a predigested state, your body doesn't waste energy on digestion.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Good vibes being sent to Dennis, his family and friends. You are all in my thoughts.

Hold on . . .
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    That's terrible. I hope he makes it.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Send him our love, and I will be thinking of him.