Jazzfest audio, courtesy of a local radio station. WORLDWIDE

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,911
edited May 2010 in The Porch
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    good find!
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,911
    I really should look through these things!!! No PJ listed as being broadcasted yet. Still a few hours to go til showtime. It appears like none of the headliners are being broadcast. Keep checking for updates.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • i hope they play the whole PJ set and don't jump around to other artists, but that may be the case......
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    upon further investigation , this is a jazz station (go figure,a jazz radio staion in N.O.). And what it looks like is broadcasting jazz only.

Now someone get word to the band to play an extended version of "freejazz",then alert the station!!!! :mrgreen:

Only shot I can see to having this broadcasted.

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    They were just talking about Pearl Jam though.

Thanks for posting this!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

Thanks for posting this!
    just heard that too!!!!!!! :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Thanks for posting this!
    I also just heard them talking about a version of "Purple Haze" that Jose Feliciano played. That must have been something!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

Thanks for posting this!
    what was said guys?

mickeyrat wrote:

Thanks for posting this!
    what was said guys?
    The co-hosts were just saying that they're happy Pearl Jam is here. They love Pearl Jam, but there's just so much more JazzFest has to offer. Blah, blah, blah. Here's Etta James (puts on record)....
    mickeyrat wrote:
    what was said guys?
    The co-hosts were just saying that they're happy Pearl Jam is here. They love Pearl Jam, but there's just so much more JazzFest has to offer. Blah, blah, blah. Here's Etta James (puts on record)....
    So, unlikely they're going to broadcast the boys?

the say the sponcors now..and said the go live!!!!!!
    Ah, I think they probably will. They are doing something on Billie Holiday right now. It's broadcasting live, and I know they'll be broadcasting Van Morrison later this afternoon. We shall see.

They should sprinkle in some Pearl Jam with all this jazz(pun intended) this afternoon. It's like Billie Holiday, Natalie Cole, then "IT'S.....MY....BLOOOOOODDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mickeyrat wrote:
    upon further investigation , this is a jazz station (go figure,a jazz radio staion in N.O.). And what it looks like is broadcasting jazz only.

and what, you don't think pj can do jazz?!

i beg to differ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kRUNkTMV3Y

:P :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

i beg to differ

You ain't right. I DID say the should do an extended version a couple sentences below that within the same post!! F'r!!! :lol:

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mickeyrat wrote:
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

i beg to differ

You ain't right. I DID say the should do an extended version a couple sentences below that within the same post!! F'r!!! :lol:

yes but i provided evidence ;) :P

and looking at the schedule, i don't think they'll be broadcasting pj

5:35 p.m. Marcus Miller presents Tutu Revisited: The Music of Miles Davis featuring Christian Scott

but i'm not giving up hope
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,281
    I wish someone would stream it...
  • RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    They won't broadcast it. I kept an eye on that stream for MMJ last week, but they played nothing but Jazz.
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    Thanks for the link, hope they can broadcast at least a couple of songs from PJ.
    México 24/11/2011
    noone knows if they will broadcasting, so we wait!!! i think positive..ill be around!!!!!im the last 2 hours anyway.. :lol:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,391
    mickeyrat wrote:

Hopefully Pearl Jam's set get's broadcasted online.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    What time are they supposed to be on stage today? :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    What time are they supposed to be on stage today? :geek:
    17:00...1 hour and 40 minutes from now
    Having doubts that they will be playing the Pearl Jam on this station.

http://www.wwoz.org/programs/live+event ... e+festival
    demetrios wrote:

Yeah, I didn't think this through before posting a link. However, maybe someone heard something they like anyway?

mickeyrat wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Yeah, I didn't think this through before posting a link. However, maybe someone heard something they like anyway?

Sugarfoot & the Ohio Players are still up, last song right now. Then it's Marcus Miller in another hour. During the hour I doubt they will play any Pearl Jam. They go up in an 30 minutes. It'll be interview's & live song clips of the day.

I got Total Recorder ready if anything happens. I love jazz music. The Seatbelts are my favorite group. It would be weird if they played Pearl Jam on this radio station. Cause Pearl Jam isn't jazz at all. Jazz fan's would be shocked & confused if they heard them play over the airway's on a jazz station. Just sayin!
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    mickeyrat wrote:
    However, maybe someone heard something they like anyway?

It was ok. Made my hubby come in and do a little wriggly jazz dance.