Given To Wail

fallbythewaysidefallbythewayside Posts: 3
edited June 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
Any news??? :?:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• savmansavman Posts: 230
    its working in sections. The main page is down but you can see tabs if you type given to wail into google and click on the second link. :D
  • Does Mike actually contribute or have input into GTW? Is it actually any better than other online sources for PJ tab?
    "The goal of a coach is to take a guy who has beaten down by his parents, by religion, by society, to take that guy and build him back up to find his spirit to go out and fight" Joe Lewis
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Does Mike actually contribute or have input into GTW? Is it actually any better than other online sources for PJ tab?

no

yes, though several of the tabs have made their way to other sites....
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    there's an old wives tale going around that stone has used the site a couple years back to help 'remember' some of their older songs that they have started playing again

no-one knows if its true though, although if i ever meet him ill ask him!

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    Well, R.E.M. actually did buy their own songbooks to re-learn their earlier songs back when they prepared for the (I think) Monster tour.
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    Pappas wrote:
    there's an old wives tale going around that stone has used the site a couple years back to help 'remember' some of their older songs that they have started playing again

Haha That is an awesome story! Would be so funny if its true. :D
    savman wrote:
    Pappas wrote:

to be honest ive always wondered how famous bands often learn cover songs these days

i know if i was in a famous band and wanted to play a cover, id go straight to the internet and check youtube and ultimate guitar etc hahaha

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    Pappas wrote:
    savman wrote:
    Pappas wrote:

to be honest ive always wondered how famous bands often learn cover songs these days

i know if i was in a famous band and wanted to play a cover, id go straight to the internet and check youtube and ultimate guitar etc hahaha
    They use their ears.
    yeah but you cant learn all songs by ear though, some are tricky

eg say you wanted to cover a hendrix song. its not exactly basic chords and playing lead in a key!

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Pappas wrote:
    yeah but you cant learn all songs by ear though, some are tricky

eg say you wanted to cover a hendrix song. its not exactly basic chords and playing lead in a key!

Yeah, I was gonna say....If you wanna do a cover PJ style lookin up the chords would be enough, but if you wanna make something sound really accurate, chances are a quick tab/sheet music check would be in order.

If Stone looked up a PJ song to learn right, I'm guessing he would have to look up some covers on the internet.

I guess it depends how well you know the style of the particular cover.
  • So Given to Wail was working in sections, now it is saying "ERROR: Too many connections" when I try to pull it up. Any idea as to when this page will be running right. I love and need my wail! Fix it, how can I help!