Australia to LA then Drove LA to NO for the gig!

swampyswampy Posts: 36
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Cant wait for tomorrow, saw some great music today at the Jazz Fest and really looking forward to seeing what the set will be tomorrow. Just thought I'd share a bit of our Journey to see tomorrows big event and say if anyone's there and wants to say hi, it would be great to meet some US fans.

Me and my son left Perth Australia last Thursday and flew to Brisbane (5hrs) then we flew Brisbane to Los Angeles (13hrs). We stayed 2 nights in LA then picked up our hire car, a nice new Camaro, on Sunday and drove to New Orleans via Phoenix, Las Cruces, Roswell and Dallas, arrived Thursday and went to the Jazz fest today :)

After the Jazz fest we're heading to New York for MSG1.
lets pick up your will,.. it's grown fat and lazy.
.: Save You :.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Love ya work swampy!

We're right behind ya. We drive from Dunsborough to Perth on Wednesday (3 hours) then Perth to Sydney on Thusrday, Sydney To LA (where the kids get to see all the theme parks ) and then onto New York The following week for my wedding and more RnR. Looking forward to Newark and MSG2.
  • celbcelb Posts: 4
    Its good to see some Aussies making the journey.
    After getting married one week ago, my wife and i (also a massive fan) flew from Adelaide to LA. We have made our way to San Francisco and soon head across to Columbus for the show. This band means so much to us and i'm sure this gig will be something we will never forget!
    BRING IT ON!!!!!
  • CazzaBGirlCazzaBGirl Posts: 234
    Awsome,enjoy and safe travels guys!!!
    And to Paul,hope you and your future wife have a beautiful wedding day :)
    Hold on to the thread....The currents will shift....Glide me towards you....

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life....
  • jecicajecica Posts: 954
    It would have been nice to know you were coming in advance so we could put our Tim Tam orders in???

Safe travels....
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    jecica wrote:
    It would have been nice to know you were coming in advance so we could put our Tim Tam orders in???

Safe travels....

Hmm, so far I'm carrying:

Smiths BBQ Chips
    Eta BBQ Sauce
    Vegemite
    Timtams

anyone for Lammingtons??
    :lol:
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Wish I was comming with ya's, and bringing the wine and nibbles.

Have a great time. :D :wave:
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Instead of asking to bring stuff for me here, can you just take me back with you? :)
  • swampyswampy Posts: 36
    Awesome set list for Jazz Fest, we had a ball! Was good to see the band back at a festival, not much chance of that happening in Aus eh. Well worth the journey so far, now we have a few weeks in Orlando and on route to New York to unwind. Also Galactic were so damn good before PJ came on!!

Met some great people at the show, it's pretty cool to go to a festival so laid back, free from drunken fools and people constanly trying to push in. NO sure puts on one of the best festivals ive ever been to!

Anyways, safe trip Paul, Hope you have a great wedding day.

We're all out of Tim tams, sorry :(
    lets pick up your will,.. it's grown fat and lazy.
    .: Save You :.
  • dreamtonicdreamtonic Posts: 129
    I can deliver TimTams to the Columbus show if there's a request! Just lemme know today, coz I hit the road tomorrow. :D
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    jecica wrote:

Safe travels....

Hmm, so far I'm carrying:

Smiths BBQ Chips
    Eta BBQ Sauce
    Vegemite
    Timtams

anyone for Lammingtons??
    :lol:

Lamingtons? Thanks for making me homesick... I still have 13 months to go before I get to see New Zealand again, and now I'm craving some coconut-coated spongey goodness... and a good mince pie. Holy crap what I wouldn't give for a mince pie right now.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    you must think america is full of waffle houses, shoneys and mcdonalds! ... i just got back from driving Toronto --> New Orleans --> Birmingham, AL --> Wears Valley, TN --> Pittsburgh --> Toronto ... you're doing a lot of kms! ... enjoy ... sounds like a good father/son trip!