Pearl Jam, New Orleans, and an Oil Slick

Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Could the planets not be more mis-aligned than now?

I am hoping so hard that somehow this spill doesnt harm the coast as they are predicting.
"...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i'm kinda hoping for less politics like there last few shows where it was pushed into the background, but i have a feeling Ed won't be able to help himself this time.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    That spill happened a week ago, the should have acted on it right away then. Why they waited until it was a danger to land is beyond me.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    and nary a mention of the super Icelandic Volcano ashe,......
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    I was listening to the news earlier and i guess theirs hundreds of those oil stations out their. If you go their at night it looks like a city in the middle of the ocean. GREED IS SO COOL... :twisted:
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

I was listening to the news earlier and i guess theirs hundreds of those oil stations out their. If you go their at night it looks like a city in the middle of the ocean. GREED IS SO COOL... :twisted:
    i used to work out there. it does look like a bunch of floating cities. its actually kinda cool. plus they are all raised 50-100 feet off the water, so they are floating in the air.

plus what no one ever mentions is that every one is like an artificial reef where all kinds of sea life loves to hang out, but whatever, that job sucked.
  • Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    the perfect storm
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    I feel so bad for Louisiana. They have had quite a shit storm lately.
    Somebody there Hoodoo Voodoo something up for payback.

drill baby drill indeed.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I was thinking about this too. I'm sure he'll have a few choice words. Remember when he made up that little song in Chicago at Lollapalooza relating to the lake being polluted?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Jeanwah wrote:
    That spill happened a week ago, the should have acted on it right away then. Why they waited until it was a danger to land is beyond me.
    Yeah this is what I don't get... its like presidents apparently tend to ignore New Orleans until its past the point of absurdity.
  • oh btw, Jazzfest is sponsored by Shell. :)

that should go over well.
    MrSmith wrote:
    oh btw, Jazzfest is sponsored by Shell. :)

oh gesh really? lol. at least it's not BP i guess.

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I hate Bush more than most on this planet, ( and our Gov) and i would like LESS politics with my ROCK, However after everything Eddie had to say in 08, id like him to Atleast address the New Worst National Distaster in United States History. :|
  • gonzogonzo Posts: 748
    Another perfect example of why alternative energy sources need to come to the forefront. If this country is to succeed as a powerful force we need to lead the way to alternative sources. Our lives, jobs, health and future depend on what we choose to do.
    peace,
    gonzo
    4/10/94, 9/28/96, 9/29/96, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/01/04, 9/15/05, 9/30/05, 10/01/05, 5/4/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/19/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/31/09, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/15/13, 10/18/13, 10/19/13, 10/25/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 5/1/16, 5/2/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 4/7/17, 8/8/18, 8/10/18, 9/10/22, 9/11/22
    gonzo wrote:
    Another perfect example of why alternative energy sources need to come to the forefront. If this country is to succeed as a powerful force we need to lead the way to alternative sources. Our lives, jobs, health and future depend on what we choose to do.

+1
    alternative energy sources have been talked/around since the 70's. It’s not a new concept it just hasn’t been well received. My guess is oil makes more money for people so that’s why alternative energy sources are ignored. stupid greedy people.

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,391
    MrSmith wrote:
    oh btw, Jazzfest is sponsored by Shell. :)

I guess Shell is doing well. What with their Environment & Society programs they have going. http://www.shell.us/home/content/usa/en ... t_society/.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,911
    I'm thinking they should open with Wash.
    That song could easily have it's meaning flipped for this very circumstance.

My love = the ocean. Go from there and see if you follow my thought.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    KO282453 wrote:
    I hate Bush more than most on this planet, ( and our Gov) and i would like LESS politics with my ROCK, However after everything Eddie had to say in 08, id like him to Atleast address the New Worst National Distaster in United States History. :|

Eddie went off on BP, telling them that instead of sending all their sons and daughters to camps and beaches this summer, there was a nice beach down here that they needed to be cleaning.

taken from thread
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=130287

KO282453 wrote:

Eddie went off on BP, telling them that instead of sending all their sons and daughters to camps and beaches this summer, there was a nice beach down here that they needed to be cleaning.

taken from thread
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=130287

Kewl :D
    Yeah. So you heard Ed! Pack em up to eco clean up camp. I’d think it would be a great life experience personally.

• Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    I agree completely.

Not too much of a capitalistic rant, just an invitation to the spoiled little bastards to see where their bread is buttered.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I agree completely.

Not too much of a capitalistic rant, just an invitation to the spoiled little bastards to see where their bread is buttered.
    Yeah I'm fine with that. I mean - politics aside... you own/run a company that makes that kind of mess... you clean it up. No better life lesson than that.