Question for Fundraiser organizers

love.and.evidencelove.and.evidence Posts: 42
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I'm having a REALLY hard time getting a venue in Newark. Not a lot of options and the few good spots (brick city grill, scullys)the owners won't do it!! They don't need the business as they know they are the only game in town. Took the day off today to come down here. I'm frustrated and pissed off!! Any suggestions??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,391
    Have you tried any of these local pub?

http://www.google.ca/webhp?client=firef ... d3cd91ed5e

I organized Montreal's 1 & 2, Toronto's 1 & 2 Ed's Solo Pre Parties back in '08 & Pearl Jam's 2009 Wishlist Foundation Pre Parties on my own. Calling the owners, setting things up, trying to get deals & flyer's out. It was tough trying to find the right now. That was close, that could book in a short period of time. Try some of those local pub's posted above. Might be better ones. You can also try something else. Tailgate. But you better call up The Prudential Center if it's ok you can do this in the parking lot. If we do it again in Philly, I say G2's parking lot would be sweet. :D
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    I'm having a REALLY hard time getting a venue in Newark. Not a lot of options and the few good spots (brick city grill, scullys)the owners won't do it!! They don't need the business as they know they are the only game in town. Took the day off today to come down here. I'm frustrated and pissed off!! Any suggestions??

Did you pitch the "this will be for a charity to TBD", "we only need a couple of tables from 2 to 6", and able to hold a raffle around 5:30?

Were these places rude about it? Any alternate bars/restaurants where people don't have to worry about their safety walking from the event to venue?
    wishlistfoundation.org