Third Single

TiraterraTiraterra Posts: 11
edited April 2010 in The Porch
According to Wikipedia (take that for what you will), Backspacer's third single is to be "Amongst the Waves." An interesting choice, virtually everyone said it would be either "Unthought Known" or "Force of Nature." "Amongst the Waves" is actually one of my favorite tracks from that album, but I don't see it as especially marketable. What do you guys think?
Taylor A. Tiraterra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pantspants Posts: 60
    Might work as a summer track. It's not really about surfing, but people may take it as such. I'm guessing it will be moderately successful, but not to the level of Just Breathe. Of course this is all relative, it won't be on the radio all the time like Use Somebody, but it will get played.
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    I think it's possibly the most marketable song on the album. Really, I'm surprised it wasn't the second single..
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    If they were going for marketability and what would move copies of Backspacer, I think Amongst the Waves and Force of Nature would be the best options. "Wishlist II: The Return of Wishlist" (or, as some people call it, "Unthought Known") wouldn't make that much of an impact on the charts

That being said, of those options, I would've gone with Force of Nature - it's probably the most "radio friendly" rock song on the album.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • TiraterraTiraterra Posts: 11
    Didn't see someone had discussed this already, sorry for repeating ;)
    Taylor A. Tiraterra