Options

I met STONE!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    This is FANtastic. Thanks for being cool and NOT being a little school girl. :lol:
    It seems like you work in a place that PJ reccomends and frequent.
    Ask your boss how much he wants for the bussiness.. 8-)
    Wilds wrote:
    Freakin' awesome story. How great.

And nice work with the 20th anniversary Q's! Perhaps it will happen because of you. :)

Nate

Stone had a FANtastic day out and about shopping today. :D
    He goes back to his band mates and tells them all about it. :D
    Then he mentions the 20th Anniversary thingy and suggests they do the gig in Australia. :D
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Great story - great picture!
  • Options
    Great story -- thanks for sharing!
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    You're the luckiest man on this board mate! great story, and like others said maybe you will be the motive for the 20th anniversary show to happen. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    México 24/11/2011
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I love this story so much. I want to marry it and have its babies.

Well done.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Not gonna read through 5 posts, but you also got his autograph, assuming he paid with plastic.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Great story! :thumbup:

I wonder what he would have said if you asked about the Philly boots? :lol:
    The picture would be of Stone holding october22's decapitated head, rather than the two of them standing there. Stone probably would be shirtless as well, revealing an epic six-pack that we all knew he was hiding.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    How great is that story!! Thanks for sharing it and as others have said....awesome picture.

LUCKY!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Hey, thanks for all the words, everyone!
  • Options
    JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Awesome story thanks for posting!
    Nice pic of you and Stone by the way:D
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    Very cool! 8-) Awesome story and picture!!!
    I don't know whether I'm more jealous of the fact that you got to meet Stone or that you live and work somewhere where you might get the chance to meet one of the band. I live in small town New Zealand and work in an office by myself - not many chances for Stone & co to wander into my world :cry:
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    That's pretty fucking cool! 8-)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    I love this story so much. I want to marry it and have its babies.

Ha-ha. That made me laugh!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Great story!
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Rad story, and sweet shot too!

MADNESS came into my liquor store once when they were touring Australia. There's my story. Oh, and I see Daniel Johns from Silverchair nearly every week at the grocery store in Newcastle (hahaha).
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    excellent stuff. i don't know what i would do if i met any of the band. i'd be that flabbergasted that i'd prob take a redner and just say hello and walk away :oops: wouldn't really know how i would react in such a situation. they all sound cool anyway.
    ...Pearl Jam, a group filled with pride, passion, and intricate musicianship. Their music is full of subtle textures, rich color, soul-searching power, imagery, and eerie dissonance.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    You looking a little CLOSE to HIM there! lol... ;)
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Oh, and I met Stone and got him to sign stuff after a BRAD show in Australia in about 2003. They played The Cambridge Hotel in Newcastle, which is a very cool music pub, but just a pub.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    edited May 2010
    i_lov_it wrote:
    You looking a little CLOSE to HIM there! lol... ;)

haha, I know. I thought that too when I first saw the picture. That's quite a grip I have on him. I'm so excited I'm almost crushing the guy.

:-)
    Post edited by october22 on
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    I'm gonna carry my Lost Dogs vinyl on me at all times during this tour; just in case...
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    ED477ED477 Posts: 134
    Great story. I had the honor of meeting him back in Austin when Brad played at Liberty Lunch (R.I.P.). Yield was about to be released, as a matter of fact, the title Yield, had just been "leaked" out and I remember asking him if that indeed was going to be the title and he answered yeah! Great guy, got to hang out for sound check and him and the band signed stuff for everyone and took photos. Biggest regret....not getting my No Code signed!
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    I'm gonna carry my Lost Dogs vinyl on me at all times during this tour; just in case...
    :lol:
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3