Options

Colleges?

13»

Comments

• Options
    blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    Penn State 2000-2005. The '03 show took place my junior year. When the tour dates came out and we saw Bryce Jordan Center listed for May 3rd the party started. Then PJ decided to treat us to an epic show. Great weekend before finals.
  • Options
    lednuke wrote:
    2nd year at Providence College

I have a couple of friends in their second year there. Its a cool campus, good stuff. wasn't girl talk or somethin there recently?

yeah, we just had a spring trio concert of:

state radio
    girl talk
    common

last year we had Third Eye Blind
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,594
    SMU in Dallas. Class of '02.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    red mos wrote:
    University of North Texas- 2006 Alumni

PJ played our college back in 1993. I was like in 4rth grade. My friend went to this show on Nov 11, 1993 and the Butthole Surfers opened.

Couple of famous people went here:

Don Henley (The Eagles is the school mascot, coinsidence??)
    Norah Jones
    Deep blue something (they sing Breakfast at Tiffanys, remember that song?? :)

Dr. Phil McGraw
    Mean Joe Green
    Roy Orbison went here, but only for a year I think. He was on the wall of all the famous people.

Hey, the Toadies came out of UNT and got started by playing shows in Denton. Got to see them at Austin City Limits just a few hours before Pearl Jam played. They put on a great show. Come to think of it, that was one of the best days of music ever. My last day at ACL was spent watching Mute Math, Citizen Cope, the Toadies, Ben Harper & Relentless7, and Pearl Jam consecutively. That was a hell of a day.

yeah, you are right. Tracy Sauerwein went to UNT and she played in the real early line up of the Toadies. Back then it was like Todd, Lisa, Tracey and a guy named Mike Poppins on drums.
    Tracey Passed away from a heart attack a few years ago. :(

I love the Toadies. Actually I worked for their Label in Dallas (Kirtland records) for promotion on Burden Brothers/ toadies tours. John Kirtland (Deep Blue something drummer) is the record Labels founder and president.

ACL 2009 was awesome. Sunday was such a GREAT line up. I saw mainly the main stage bands that PJ was playing except had to divide set time between Ben Harper and Dead weather. Saw about 1/2 of each. Saw a full Dead weather show last night.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    airblue1airblue1 Posts: 401
    MICHIGAN, Ann Arbor

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    DePaul
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    University of Delaware '09.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,562
    University of Maryland with multiple degrees over the years

saw my 2nd PJ show at Richie coliseum in 1992 (maybe 3,000 people capacity)

also saw U2 there in 1981!!!! damn im old!!!!