Listening to the 2009 Boots in order I found....

realmgeorgerealmgeorge Posts: 301
edited April 2010 in The Porch
The band is fucking on FIRE at LA 3.....

Whats your favorite 2009 show?
and love, what a different life had I not had this love with you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    The band is fucking on FIRE at LA 3.....

Whats your favorite 2009 show?
    Berlin 09 is the best(setlist-crowd.etc)
    O2 London has the best sound ever
    LA 3 the best USA
    SLC

and we wait the official Philly..Philly 3 most of the people say will be epic.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Philly 3, without a doubt!
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    LA 3 is pretty damn good. My cousin was at that show. So he's seen a Temple of the Dog reunion at that show and Jack Irons in Irvine in 2003 when he came out for a couple numbers at the end of the second encore. He's a lucky person.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    and we wait the official Philly..Philly 3 most of the people say will be epic.. :)

Dude, Philly 3 WAS EPIC! :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • i havent heard any of the other boots but from going to all of the spectrum shows, no doubt philly 3 was the best of the 4
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,391
    Tone wrote:
    Philly 3 WAS EPIC! :D

Hell yeah! Philly 4 might of been longer & the guy's were wearing kick ass Devo costumes covering Whip It, and the confetti was all over us @ the end. But yes, Philly 3 was pretty sweet, set list wise!
  • realmgeorgerealmgeorge Posts: 301
    How do all of you Philly goers rank those 4 shows in order? I have heard 1 and 2 and was curious how they stacked up.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    How do all of you Philly goers rank those 4 shows in order? I have heard 1 and 2 and was curious how they stacked up.
    3,1,4,2 musically
    2,4,1,3 where I was sitting
    GoiMTvP.gif

It's a tough call... they were all amazing shows. The first two places are a given (for me, anyway)... I guess I base it on intensity and setlists. I would probably say:

1. Philly 3
    2. Philly 4
    3. Philly 1
    4. Philly 2
    3,1,4,2 musically
    2,4,1,3 where I was sitting

LOL, based on where I was sitting... 3, 1, 2, 4 ;)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Tone wrote:

1. Philly 3
    2. Philly 4
    3. Philly 1
    4. Philly 2
    from the audience i listen,,this is my choice too :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

You never heard all 4? Sweet moses, you don't know what ya missing.
    Got Torrent? Head over to bt.etree.org ASAP!

I would say: Night 3, Night 4, Night 1, Night 2
    Was in attendance for all 4 nights & i've heard the audience bootlegs many, many times! :)

With 4 night's, back to back @ the Spectrum. Playing as much Pearl Jam passion that there was, it's gonna be hard for the next few show's to even come close to that experience. A full Pearl Jam week in one city, at one arena, on one stage. It's gonna be tough to beat.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Tone wrote:

It's a tough call... they were all amazing shows. The first two places are a given (for me, anyway)... I guess I base it on intensity and setlists. I would probably say:

1. Philly 3
    2. Philly 4
    3. Philly 1
    4. Philly 2

I agree, and I think 4 was pretty close to 3.

And speaking of bootlegs, I hope we get a post today on the status of the 2010 shows.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Tone wrote:
    Philly 3, without a doubt!

hands down best of '09
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Oh and you want us Philly goers to rank them

in order of my seats - well, hell I had great seats EVERY night but I was second row night 4, so that was a great way to end an epic week here in the city of brotherly love
  • realmgeorgerealmgeorge Posts: 301
    I know man.... I've been pearljambootlegs.org'in it while at work. I'll get the 4 Philly tonight and let that drive me through the weekend to KC on Monday. Thanks for the heads up!!

demetrios wrote:

Was in attendance for all 4 nights & i've heard the audience bootlegs many, many times! :)

With 4 night's, back to back @ the Spectrum. Playing as much Pearl Jam passion that there was, it's gonna be hard for the next few show's to even come close to that experience. A full Pearl Jam week in one city, at one arena, on one stage. It's gonna be tough to beat.
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    dude i gotta fuckin agree wit you on that one,
    edited April 2010
    demetrios wrote:

Yeah, D... that week was pretty amazing and the atmosphere and camaraderie was something I've never experienced before. Truly unforgettable. The high from that experience was so great that I never crashed.
    Post edited by Tone on
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    The crowd volume was highest up for Philly 3 it seemed, one of the loudest crowds for a PJ show ever no doubt, but PJ fans kicked it into high gear last year!
    Anyone know a free FLAC to mp3 program I can download to listen to these?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    edited April 2010
    Tone wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Yeah, D... that week was pretty amazing and the atmosphere and camaraderie was something I've never experienced before. Truly unforgettable experience. The high from that experience was so great that I never crashed.

It sure was! I mean, I love traveling, but staying @ one place for the whole week saved me a lot of flow & it was easy to get around in the area. I checked out a few places downtown. Meet lots & lots of new & old friends. Many I met on the streets & subway out of the blue cause I was wearing thy Pearl Jam uniform. Had my first Philly Cheese Steak from Genos? Help me out there Marcia, Bobby, Angi, Michael & Newman. :) Being @ the Wishlist Foundation Pre Parties ROCKED. Sorry that I missed the last one. I totally forgot where it was, plus we didn't get any much sleep the night before. After Geno's, Night 3, we hanged around Philly till 3am. I loved McFadden & everybody that helped out there. The lovely ladies that gave me free rounds of ice tea every time I asked for another, a thousand thank you's! :)

Ok, back to the point. Traveling from out of town & staying @ one city, for one week, seeing Pearl Jam 4 night's, at the same arena .. KICKS ASS!!! You can't forget that experience. There's hundreds & hundreds of Pearl Jam show's and all have a great story. This one, this latest one, is sure enough, something that will hold dear to my heart. That you Pearl Jam & thank you Philly! Till next time! :)

D
    Post edited by demetrios on
    Newch91 wrote:

Flac > wav (flac frontened) http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

wav > mp3 (shn tool too) http://etree.org/mkw.html .. you can also use windows media player, which is free on your pc.
    demetrios wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

wav > mp3 (shn tool too) http://etree.org/mkw.html .. you can also use windows media player, which is free on your pc.

Oh ok. Thanks. I'll try windows media player.
  • Tone wrote:

1. Philly 3
    2. Philly 4
    3. Philly 1
    4. Philly 2
    +1, couldnt agree more
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
    Newch91 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Oh ok. Thanks. I'll try windows media player.

np! You might also want to check out this app too. dBpoweramp Music Converter. It's not freeware but you can find way's on the interweb. One of the best, imo, encoders around. ;)
  • lukinsdadlukinsdad Posts: 57
    Where can you find nights 3 and 4? I was at 2 and 4. Lottery seats for night 4. I had seats for night 3 and could not go :(
    babylukin wrote:
    Where can you find nights 3 and 4? I was at 2 and 4. Lottery seats for night 4. I had seats for night 3 and could not go :(

Dude! How do you recover from that!? :shock:
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,832
    Philly 3 and then the rest. That show was phenomenal. Not sure that will be topped. Look at that sequencing.
    Such a good show-no even flow, daughter, betterman, courduroy-perfect (not that I dont like those songs)
    In case you forgot:
    Gonna See My Friend, The Fixer, In My Tree, Given To Fly, Tremor Christ, Untitled, MFC, Hold On, Unthought Known, In Hiding, Deep, Habit, Cropduster, Off He Goes, Force of Nature, Present Tense, Got Some, Do The Evolution
    Encore 1 Just Breathe, Parting Ways, Jeremy, Breath, Light Years, Rearviewmirror
    Encore 2 Whipping, Crazy Mary, Footsteps, Once, Alive, Sonic Reducer, Baba O'Riley

daddy needs a new pair of BOOTS!!
    Get_Right wrote:
    Philly 3 and then the rest. That show was phenomenal. Not sure that will be topped. Look at that sequencing.
    Such a good show-no even flow, daughter, betterman, courduroy-perfect (not that I dont like those songs)
    In case you forgot:
    Gonna See My Friend, The Fixer, In My Tree, Given To Fly, Tremor Christ, Untitled, MFC, Hold On, Unthought Known, In Hiding, Deep, Habit, Cropduster, Off He Goes, Force of Nature, Present Tense, Got Some, Do The Evolution
    Encore 1 Just Breathe, Parting Ways, Jeremy, Breath, Light Years, Rearviewmirror
    Encore 2 Whipping, Crazy Mary, Footsteps, Once, Alive, Sonic Reducer, Baba O'Riley

daddy needs a new pair of BOOTS!!

It was a show of firsts for me... first time 3rd row, first time: In Hiding (which I can't stop listening to), Deep, Breath, Footsteps, Once, Baba O'Riley, Hold On! Also, I hadn't heard Tremor Christ live since March 1995. Amazing... my profile pic is from that show... Ed leaping during Alive.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,832
    Tone wrote:

It was a show of firsts for me... first time 3rd row, first time: In Hiding (which I can't stop listening to), Deep, Breath, Footsteps, Once, Baba O'Riley, Hold On! Also, I hadn't heard Tremor Christ live since March 1995. Amazing... my profile pic is from that show... Ed leaping during Alive.
    except for hold on no firsts for me
    But that is damn close to my perfect setlist
    only thing missing is a lukin-not for you-blood-spin the black circle sequence and maybe an immortality or indifference :lol: