Calling all Chicagoan(?)!!!!

SarahLouSarahLou Posts: 175
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
**EDIT**

So i'm in Chicago now!! anyone wanna suggestions some places to go? things to do/see??

THANKS!! :D

I am coming to America on a work visa, and am looking for accommodation from 23rdMay/1st June in Chicago
anyone looking for roomie?? know anyone that is looking? suggestions??

i have been on Craigslist but its so hard to make arrangements when i'm not there!
I have a fair bit saved up and will be working too, so i am always good for rent on time!

If ANYone could help me out here I would be eternally grateful!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    likeanocean...paging likeanocean, please pick up the nearest white curtosey phone
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    so based on the dates, you need a place for one week?

i'd offer, but the gf would kill me. :lol: good luck
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    just for a week then?
  • SarahLouSarahLou Posts: 175
    sorry meant to say that i would be looking from somewhere around the 24th/1st June UNTIL sept/oct :lol:
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:
    likeanocean...paging likeanocean, please pick up the nearest white curtosey phone
    lol.. I would totally be all over this, BUT..

I'd need someone for a 12 month lease. 8-)
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Hey I'm single but not in Chicago :lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

I'm looking for a roommate not a boyfriend! :lol:
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I have a basement all set up and ready for a new roomie. It's pretty close to Chicago... :twisted:
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    I have a basement all set up and ready for a new roomie. It's pretty close to Chicago... :twisted:

if it wasn't for the devil horn i would think you were being seriously!
    Bump :D
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    I live in Chicago and just got an apt. Wish I could help you out but I'm going to New Zealand for 6 months this summer. I know a lot of people looking for apts though, I'll keep my eyes open for people looking for roommates. I'd recommend the Roger's Park area...a lot cheaper than other neighborhoods like Lincoln Park (Rogers Park has much less nightlife, but it's still easy to get to), more relaxed, and there's a great beach.
    It's really hard, if possible, to find a place that doesn't want at least a 12 month lease signed.. Really the only way will be if you find someone who wants to sublease. You might find studios reasonably priced if you don't find a roommate, but living anywhere in this city for less than 12 months is really hard to do.

That's my dilemma. I room month to month in the suburbs with a friend who owns, so I have some leverage, but when I move out, preferably back to the city and hopefully before this fall, I will either be buying or committing to a lease for a year.

If I knew anyone I'd let you know, but unfortunately I don't. Craigslist is still your best bet.
    SarahLou wrote:

Priorities can change ;):lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    SarahLou wrote:

hey!!!becareful how u talk to my sister!!! :twisted: :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    I live in Chicago and just got an apt. Wish I could help you out but I'm going to New Zealand for 6 months this summer. I know a lot of people looking for apts though, I'll keep my eyes open for people looking for roommates. I'd recommend the Roger's Park area...a lot cheaper than other neighborhoods like Lincoln Park (Rogers Park has much less nightlife, but it's still easy to get to), more relaxed, and there's a great beach.

it's perfect.....you're out and SarahLou is in. book it.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    imalive wrote:

it's perfect.....you're out and SarahLou is in. book it.

haha, sorry...I of course would have offered that but someone else is living there until I return.
    [quote=I'm looking for a roommate not a boyfriend! :lol:[/quote]

Priorities can change ;):lol:[/quote]
    hey!!!becareful how u talk to my sister!!! :twisted: :lol:[/quote]

Thanks D! hehe

Yeah Roger's Park is the area i have been looking at actually, i have had a few leads, but thanks to everyone who has given an input! :D

Oh and have fun in New Zealand, my best friend is out there right now, and LOVING it!
    SarahLou wrote:

Your sister is very......how do you say in Greek.... ?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549

Your sister is very......how do you say in Greek.... ?
    hot like me!!!!! :) ...but sould treat with respect!!!! ;) ..and no,im not gonna say the Greek word i have in mind
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    So i'm in Chicago now!! anyone wanna suggestions some places to go? things to do/see??

I found an apartment, and a job, i'm living in logan square. Anyone know any good places to eat, shop, drink, visit?

THANKS!!
    welcome to the area.

check out the muesums (free days if you are cheap), catch a ball game, catch a concert.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    thanks!
    http://chicago.metromix.com/

If you need a hot date sometime, I'm itching for any excuse to get out of the 'burbs. ;)8-)
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    chicago oven pizza and grinder company on Clark St......my favorite restaurant...you'll love it

Wrigley Field

go to the Metro, Lincoln Hall, or Schubas for a show
    edited June 2010

If you need a hot date sometime, I'm itching for any excuse to get out of the 'burbs. ;)8-)

:lol:

we could have a take sara lou to a sox game day. i'll bring the philly boots
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

:lol:
    Subtle enough? ;)

I need excuses to get out. I really need to move back already.. It will take me an hour to drive to work, but I don't care anymore.

I need excuses to get out. I really need to move back already.. It will take me an hour to drive to work, but I don't care anymore.

we have a lot of reverse commutters in the office. gf and i have talked about it, but the whole house thing makes it a little more complicated. fuck
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

we have a lot of reverse commutters in the office. gf and i have talked about it, but the whole house thing makes it a little more complicated. fuck
    I hear you.. That's why I think I've changed my mind about buying again. I'm still relatively young and have no strings. If I get sick of the drive I can always move back.. I spend too much time on this board anyways, so what's a longer commute with some good music going to hurt?
    besides the house, the long commute is part of the reason we don't live in the city. an hour+ each way every day would make me nuts. i can barely survive my 7.5 mile jaunt without going postal on all the idiot drivers. the gf on the other hands, is on the train every day. i feel bad for her.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg