Vegetarian items for the meat eaters

2»

Comments

• BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    I love boca burgers and chik'n.
    If anyone is in the Chicago area or visiting, I highly recommend the Chicago diner. It's meat free and everything on the menu is delicious-especially the "steak and cheese". The deserts are also all vegan and INCREDIBLE.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    JaneNY wrote:
    The smoked Tofurky sandwich slices are good. My cats even beg for it if they smell it when we are making sandwiches.

There's one brand of tempeh that makes something called Fakin Bacon. They also have plain tempeh, and I haven't found Fakin Bacon for a while, but its quite good - its already in slices and you just fry it. Great with vegan pancakes, scrambled tofu, and lots of maple syrup, or you can put it on sandwiches like a BLT with vegannaise (vegan mayo).

Vegannaise is the shit, I've come to believe it tastes better than actual mayo.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • toodeetoodee Posts: 89
    Bloody hell, you American vegetarians/vegans are spoiled for choice :D

In Australia, I can only think of one company that makes faux meat products; Sanitarium (a company owned by the Australian Seventh Day Adventist church). If you're an Aussie Vegetarian/Vegan, half your fridge is occupied with their products :lol:

On a side note, I experimented with veganism a few years ago and, despite the myth, I gained (not lost) 3KG :roll:
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'