sorta pissed in advance about ticketmaster

Backspacer_BackerBackspacer_Backer Posts: 1,023
edited April 2010 in The Porch
so i just did a quick search - apparently ticketmaster just released some tix for the c-bus show, and there are great side-stage seats available on Mike's side in like the 11th row. i'm guessing my 400xxx fan club seats won't be nearly that good....probably the back of the floor. sux, wish i would have known this. in the old days when shows always sold out, i would just buy the ticketmaster seats and hope to sell my fan club seats on here for face value.....but i can't risk that on a non-sold out show. i am thinking the fan club seat benefit is no longer worth it. it was great back in 2000-2004, but not the last couple of shows i've been to.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120
    yeah, you won't do much better than that with 400k. mikes side 11 rows back is super. you should cancel ;)

don't give up on the lottery though (edit, your negative attitude probably jinxed you)
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,391
    Ticketmaster is owning more of the seats. 10club & fan club seats are getting the shaft. You can't blame the fan club's. They are trying their best. It's those nazi rapist (Ticketmaster) who are controlling the show. It's their law or the highway. Another reason why I highly support bands to play @ arenas & forums that don't use Ticketmaster. There are lots of places that don't use Ticketmaster. LOTS! It's the business people who make the decisions.

For example, check out http://ticketpro.ca/ & http://www.ticketatlantic.com/en/home/default.aspx . Places & events in Canada that are not run by Ticketmaster. Their businesses are doing well & the fan's are happy. Why can't huge acts that come outside the border, outside the country use these facilities? It's because they only know that same arena/forum they have been using for year's. That same ticket system, known as Ticketmaster. It's very sad. At the Philly '09 show's, a few friends of mine scored Night 4 ticket's hour's before the show happened & they were right up close to Mike's side. Side stage, lower bowl. Weird where you think 10club would get the kick ass close lower bowl seats. But they don't. Yes they would get the GA reserved seating, but not all of them are 10club seating. Sections 4, 5, 6 behind us, few had Ticketmaster seating. It was confusing.

What i'm trying to say is, bands & their management should check a week & review in detail the places they are gonna jam @. Book a place that's not run by Ticketmaster. A place that can give the band more power in what seats are reserved for their club tickets. A place that's safe, close to the city, and can hold at least 8 thousand plus fans. Where they get the better seats. That when they do fan club ticket's online, everybody is happy.

Ok, back to my donair plate from Dinos! *drools
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    there are always good seats dropping on TM a week or two before a show
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    what 81 said. ALWAYS.
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    yeah, I've kinda come to an attitude of acceptance from my previous ticket-snob pedestal. Just happy to be at the events now, be part of the spectacle in any capacity. My number is 400+ too, having had too much else going on from 95-05 to figure out and sign up....

I've done the whole insanity of the 80s-90s waiting overnight oustide Ticketmaster to get awesome seats. I've queued up at GA shows at 8 in the morning to get on the rail that night. I've dropped a few bills on tickets from "legit" scalpers. Now that I've got the ability to travel for shows, my mind is telling me, "Hey, you already spent a couple hundred on hotel and flight, go ahead, scalp some awesome seats!"

These days, I'm simply online whenever a show goes on sale and get what I get...
    I do check a few days before the show just to see if something drops, so I get what you're wrestling with.

But you know what, there's something just extremely awesome about sitting with 10C club, heck even if it's in the back of an arena! And yep, always the chance you'd get 1-2, 9-10! But sure, in that instance, you'd sell off your TM seats and keep yer 10C! Or eat 'em....
    [sic] happens
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,916
    Thing about Columbus 10C seats is this , They didn't sell out the presale. Who really knows what they sold. I know it requires all 10C purchasers to list , but touringfans only lists 94 pairs from 10C. I'm sure there was more seats than that sold. But if 10 C has ALL of rows 1-2 and 9-10(lottery) and whatever other seats they were given to sell , dude I wouldn't worry. Been to Nationwide for a Jackets game and I gotta say. Shouldn't be a "bad" seat in the house.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    what acutejam said
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Thing about Columbus 10C seats is this , They didn't sell out the presale. Who really knows what they sold. I know it requires all 10C purchasers to list , but touringfans only lists 94 pairs from 10C. I'm sure there was more seats than that sold. But if 10 C has ALL of rows 1-2 and 9-10(lottery) and whatever other seats they were given to sell , dude I wouldn't worry. Been to Nationwide for a Jackets game and I gotta say. Shouldn't be a "bad" seat in the house.

go check out stubhub and see which sections aren't for sale. It looked like the front half of floor and one lower level wing on each side. i figure even with a bad 10c number, you will still have a pretty kick ass seat
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,832
    whatever
    you cant worry about it
    you already bought your tickets-with that number you will be taking a chance either way for some time.
    be glad they are playing in your town

these are probably extra vip or other comp seats that are just being released, and I am sure that there are 10c seats in that section-if there was something more sinister at work, the tickets would be on tickets now,
    not available to the general public
    that show is not selling very well anyway
    10c still gets the best seats, but not ALL of them in every section (especially the first two wing sections-10c definitely mixed in with VIPs) as some people continue to believe
  • RZ27566RZ27566 Posts: 57
    I don't know what to say in 98 and 2000 I was in the first 10 rows and my number is in the 100,000's and that was an amphitheater, and then 2003 came and it was a hockey arena and i was dam near at the back house on the floor, which is crazy when you think about it, you figure you can put 100 people or so just in the front row in an arena type setting and then straight back. where as the amphitheater increases gradually.