Do venues allow poster tubes?

brainofebrainofe Posts: 263
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Since there will be no poster pre-sale, i'm going to have to buy one at the show. I've never taken a poster tube to a show before, do you all know what the policy for this is? I'm going to Kansas City, does the Sprint Center allow people to bring in cardboard poster tubes? What have you all experienced at other venues?
Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Most do not.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Most recent shows have been selling poster tubes at the same places as the poster for a $2 donation to charity. Probably just as much as you'd pay anywhere else. They probably won't let you take your own in though.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    I know someone who managed to take their own tube into Key Arena in Seattle and they were selling tubes in Philly (except they ran out after the first 2 shows).
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • poto101poto101 Posts: 406
    Hit or Miss

I've called the venue beforehand and they said it was okay but made me throw it out when I tried getting inside.

I've also gotten it in without problems at the same venue, I guess it depends on security.

Some arenas have outdoor Smoking areas that let you step outside.... you may be able to have a friend toss it over the fence to ya and sneak it in that way. I've seen it done at the United Center in Chicago.
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    i wouldn't worry about it . there going to put them up just like they have all the rest .

im takin my chances i have carried around posters all night its sucks . :(
  • jokertt wrote:
    i wouldn't worry about it . there going to put them up just like they have all the rest .

I'm torn. Only getting to one show this tour. Don't wanna worry about crushing it all night. Hope they do the bracelets. But then I'll have to get it back on the plane somehow. I might be with you, hope they are readily available on the site, just like all of last year's posters.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • MSG allowed me and a friend in with poster tubes in 2008. Mansfield did not.
    492xxx

2006: Boston 1 and 2
    2008: MSG 1 and 2, Mansfield 1 and 2
    2010: Boston
    2012: Made in America Philly
  • I won a poster at a pre-party last year, came in a tube, and of course I had to take it to the concert with me. Security was a fuckwad to me about it and I seriously fucking lost it on the guys. They told me I needed to get rid of it. To say the least, I had a fucking melt down and then they said, turn around, walk out the doors and comeback in..... then it was fine. Fuckers! So, in otherwords, the guys at the UC are a bunch of bastards!!!

Bitter much? ;)
  • ds223290ds223290 Posts: 1
    Who's the artist for the K.C. poster?
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    Tone wrote:
    ...they were selling tubes in Philly (except they ran out after the first 2 shows).

False. I bought a tube at Philly 3.

It seems every time I pick up a print at a show, the process is different. Once, you got the print and mebbe a rubber band... then the bracelets and massive line at the end of the show... then little plastic sleeves... then the tubes... then presales... I have no idea what to expect. Never tried to take my own tube, tho, b/c I figgered they'd make me ditch it.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    I always fold them posters in my pocket. Have quite a few folded @ my closet. Don't take so much space that way.
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    I know I'm gonna try to bring one to jazzfest. It's supposed to rain, so I'll need it!

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,391
    Tone wrote:
    ...they were selling tubes in Philly (except they ran out after the first 2 shows).

It seems every time I pick up a print at a show, the process is different. Once, you got the print and mebbe a rubber band... then the bracelets and massive line at the end of the show... then little plastic sleeves... then the tubes... then presales... I have no idea what to expect. Never tried to take my own tube, tho, b/c I figgered they'd make me ditch it.

Philly 3 was the only night I didn't score a poster + tube combo. Just bought the poster & the guy rolled it up & placed it in a plastic ball. Dude knew how to roll & add those elastic bands like a pro! They ran out of tubes when I got to the merchandise table. Well the first 2 tries I went for. But it's great that you have that option. Same went with thet Seattle show's when the Ames Bros were behind the merchandise tables. I couldn't believe it but I heard they were taking PayPal orders too. Amazed they didn't sell any of those Kemp poster's on their website. Only one i'm missing from the whole '09 tour signed & numbered.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,832
    as some have said-its hit or miss at each venue
    you never know how its gonna go down until you get there
    I wont be buying any posters at the shows unless they do the bracelets again.
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    jokertt wrote:

I'm torn. Only getting to one show this tour. Don't wanna worry about crushing it all night. Hope they do the bracelets. But then I'll have to get it back on the plane somehow. I might be with you, hope they are readily available on the site, just like all of last year's posters.

Word . still going to check things out at the venue . but the poster i think ill pass on . i really hate carrying those around . and im so picky about dings and bangs .

i would have to think there going to release them . or they would have done the pre sale . Just my guess .
  • I got my tubes taken at both Seattle shows, but got one in no problem at Portland? It's worth a try. I will be bringing an extra tube and a couple of pieces of craft paper for the plane ride back just in case though.

They were selling tubes at the Seattle and Portland shows, but no paper to roll multiple posters together with.
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013
    Vancouver Dec 4, 2013
    Seattle Dec 6, 2013
    Tulsa Oct 8, 2014
    Lincoln Oct 9, 2014
    Telluride July 9, 2016
    Boston Aug 5 & 7, 2016
    Chicago 20 & 21, 2016
    New York Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle 8 & 10, 2018
    Missoula Aug 13, 2018
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    demetrios wrote:
    Tone wrote:

Philly 3 was the only night I didn't score a poster + tube combo. Just bought the poster & the guy rolled it up & placed it in a plastic ball. Dude knew how to roll & add those elastic bands like a pro! They ran out of tubes when I got to the merchandise table. Well the first 2 tries I went for. But it's great that you have that option. Same went with thet Seattle show's when the Ames Bros were behind the merchandise tables. I couldn't believe it but I heard they were taking PayPal orders too. Amazed they didn't sell any of those Kemp poster's on their website. Only one i'm missing from the whole '09 tour signed & numbered.

Yeah, that's what happened for me at Philly 3 and Philly 4... no tubes and had to get them rolled and into plastic bags... I was paranoid the whole time about them getting damaged. They were okay though.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • I go to Staples and ask for a poster bag. They are usually by the copy center. You can fold it up and put it in your pocket. Once inside, use it to carry your poster around. Not much protection for bending, but it is easy to carry. Good if it is raining on you way to the car, bus, train, boat, after-party.