Options

Concert age

2»

Comments

• Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    Never too old... Deadheads were going to see shows in their 60's....
    when you no longer have the energy to go... thats when you stop...
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    diggy381 wrote:
    the guys in the band are older than me. . . if they keep playing i can keep listening without looking like a complete douche. when they stop, i'll stop

It seems you've got a point there
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    You can go at any age, but if you're over 40 and in the front rows, the young grommets will start calling you names on the board apparently. <smirk> Not gonna link that thread, 'cos if you haven't seen it, you're better off.

But as Ed said when accepting the Environmentalist of the Year Award:
    "I'm gonna take my board and hit 'em head upside the fuckin' head, because that's bullshit, you gotta respect your elders."

THAT is worth a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naK4E-OgTzE&feature=related
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    BetterThanYouBetterThanYou Posts: 853
    How old is too old to go to a Pearl Jam concert?
    Also, will you stop going to see them when you reach that age?

as far as i'm concerned, you're never too old to go to any concert. and as for not seeing pearl jam anymore...i've already stopped seeing them. i'm tired of having to travel to see them, and if the ticket prices keep climbing, well there's another reason not to see them.

my last pearl jam show was buffalo '03. best show from them i had ever seen, so why not end it on a high note?
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    As long as they keep playing, I will keep going. Look at it like this, have you ever been to a Springsteen show? That is one diverse crowd. I have been next to some real old timers(Mid 60's maybe even 70) and they rocked out.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    CobbelstoneCobbelstone Posts: 35
    since the men in pearl jam are older than I am, I would have to say that they will make that decision for me.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    as long as they can push my wheelchair to the front, I will be in attendance..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    My first concert was when I was 13 ... my dad had a client who had season tickets to the Hollywood Bowl ... 1965 THE BEATLES...

I have NEVER stopped seeing LIVE music ... why do so now?

Now I'm in my 50's ... Pearl Jam is the Greatest Band in the World today ... why would I stop now?

It's INSTILLED ... to wanna LIVE!!!!!!!!!!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    thecorythecory Posts: 290
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857

I think this has to be the DUMBEST post I have EVER seen started on here, and there have been some LAME ones.............but I think this one takes the cake......
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    In My DreamsIn My Dreams Posts: 299
    Duh
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    Cob wrote:
    I think this has to be the DUMBEST post I have EVER seen started on here, and there have been some LAME ones.............but I think this one takes the cake......

Thanks for taking the time to voice your opinion.
    I posted since I am older than the band and will be going to shows for as long as they play. Just wondered if others thought the same way.

I think there were some posts that were more lame.
    But, if this one takes the cake, let it be chocolate.
    Hold On
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    Depends on the band. I quit my Dave Matthews live habit in my early 20s because I couldn't deal with puking teenagers or (even better) teenagers having sex and THEN puking in the seats around me.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Pre wrote:
    Here's a spin on the question: How young is too young?

Oh no :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    Cob wrote:

Not even CLOSE!!! There have been WAY lamer threads. This one is not THAT Bad..............
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    If Pearl Jam doesn't think they're too old to play, I'm not too old to listen to them. We're contemporaries age-wise.

Sometimes I think there's way too much analysis going on. Just go to shows you want to go to and have fun and stop thinking about what other people think about it.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    am i the only one that is mostly excited about the fact that they are finally going to make a record with brendan o'brien?! i nearly jumped up and did the balky dance of joy from perfect strangers right in my cubicle. some bands end up teaming with a producer/engineer at some point that just gets it and truly makes them sound as they are intended/suppose to sound. brendan is definitley that for pearl jam. they made their best records with them and although i really loved the self titled and binaural (never could really truly come around to riot act except for a few songs), they have just never sounded...right. so i am truly excited.
    i remember you...i was gonna vote for you one time...but voting isn't cool so i stayed home and got trashed on listerine.
  • Options
    when i'm "swallowin seeds in my death bed, dig a hole in the garden" now that's too old but i'll return cause you can smoke me there. seriously husband and i are 50's love pj concerts nj+dc this year, lolla last year and 08, old enough to take kids there, remember when tics were $6. for merri post pav md. in 70's, go every week, +++ every year my # gets better, can't wait to retire so we can go to all the pj concerts, don't want to die in bed/wana die in a mosh it'd be real cool! hell no i'm not givin up to let you young whipper snappers get my # (she says while wavin her cane)
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
  • Options
    you know you're to old to be at a pearl jam concert when eddies a head in a jar and matt camerons a robot...
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I'll have enough time to not attend shows when I'm dead. For now, as with the last 43 years, I going to rock out like a mutha. Thanks to being the age I am, I've had the pleasure of seeing music nobodies like Jimi Hendrix ,The Who and Pink Floyd together, The Who (23 times, 12 with Moonie) and The Floyd separately, Led Zep, Bob Marley, Bruce Springsteen, The Grateful Dead, Nirvana , and , oh yeah, a small Seattle outfit more than 60 times.

Age is immaterial. I live in the same condo complex with a woman who is in her late 70's and is a HUGE U2 fan. Her son is an accountant for the U2 organization, a fact which first got her interested in the band. I get a big kick talking music and music history with her. Yesterday, we talked about Icky Thump. I walked away more convinced than ever that age means diddly poo .
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    150!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Options
    ninfanninfan Posts: 93
    When I can't control my bladder and I pee on myself
    "No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." Pessoa
  • Options
    ninfan wrote:
    When I can't control my bladder and I pee on myself

damn it I'll slap on a Depends and still go see'em. Actually the Depends would cure the whole drink a lot of beer v. miss a song while in the bathroom problem now!!!
    Raleigh '03; Hartford '08; Mansfield II '08; Buffalo '10; Hartford '10;
    East Troy I '11; East Troy II '11; DeLuna Fest '12; Wrigley '13; Buffalo '13;
    Toronto II '16; Wrigley I '16; Wrigley II '16; Wrigley I '18; Wrigley II '18;
    Asbury Park '21; MSG '22; Camden '22
  • Options
    ninfanninfan Posts: 93
    damn it I'll slap on a Depends and still go see'em. Actually the Depends would cure the whole drink a lot of beer v. miss a song while in the bathroom problem now!!!

Great Idea!
    "No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." Pessoa
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    thecory wrote:

ut o...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options

I turned 30 last year....no stopping me yet :-)
  • Options
    Off I Go.Off I Go. Posts: 204
    I went to my first concert in my 50th year、Sendai 2003、 and have travelled from Japan to Europe twice since then to see them! My first ever GA concerts at the front!!! .They are my addiction I cant get enough!! My four children are now adults so I can move a little easier!! Only a little though as Ive a small herd of jersey dairy cows dependent on me!! Never too old!!!
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
  • Options

probably around 88

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    bet your 12yr old hears more than that on the school bus, you should open communication, in rural md farm land kids are greeted on the am bus with you little f'er. kids know that language is just that...talk and actions can of governments and companies can be much more obscene that talk at a concert or on a vid game,Pj shows have very mild language compared to current artists most kids listen to, volunteeer to chap. a dance lately? remember being a kid? nothin new most likely more shocking to you than a kid.
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie