Thomas Wolfe

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
a poster on a different thread talked about their hometown Thomas Wolfe Auditorium. Thought that was cool. I am just starting Look Homeward Angel, by Wolfe and find his prose absolutely stunning. Boy could he write! Anyways, it seems their are two Thomas Wolfe's, one is this guy born in 1900, died in 1930. Then their is the other one, who is famous for the Electric Kool Aid Acid Test.

Anyways the point is, is anyone a fan?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JDBJDB Posts: 277
    I've read four of his books. Bonfire Of The Vanities, A Man In Full, The Right Stuff and I Am Charlotte Simmons. Enjoyed all of them. I would recommend A Man In Full, that is a funny book.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    JDB wrote:
    I've read four of his books. Bonfire Of The Vanities, A Man In Full, The Right Stuff and I Am Charlotte Simmons. Enjoyed all of them. I would recommend A Man In Full, that is a funny book.

You're talking about Tom Wolfe. Not the same person as Thomas Wolfe.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    a poster on a different thread talked about their hometown Thomas Wolfe Auditorium. Thought that was cool. I am just starting Look Homeward Angel, by Wolfe and find his prose absolutely stunning. Boy could he write! Anyways, it seems their are two Thomas Wolfe's, one is this guy born in 1900, died in 1930. Then their is the other one, who is famous for the Electric Kool Aid Acid Test.

Anyways the point is, is anyone a fan?

Kerouac was heavily influenced by Thomas Wolfe, though I've not read any of his stuff myself.
  • JDBJDB Posts: 277
    Oops, didn't read that properly. No, never heard of him.
  • haha, i knew this would happen. oh well. reguardless people seem to know who tom wolfe is, check out the guy i am talking about thomas wolfe. as i said, his writing is breathtaking