Amongst The Waves new radio single!

vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,373

Ah there is no pictures, links or cd casing of any hint of the radio single in that thread. :|

This makes it official. Sad there's no colour to this promo. Just plain black & white. Where's the rainbow of colours?
  • PJ44PJ44 Posts: 153
    wish it was Gonna see my Friend
    PJ44
  • edited April 2010
    worst song on the album and one of the worst they ever wrote. that said its obvious that this song was made solely to sell records to radio rock fans, so whatever.

and please dont compare it to Alive and GTF. every time someone compares this crap to those classics, an angel loses it wings and is thrown into hell for such blasphemy. :P
    Post edited by LikeAnOpeningBandForTheSun on
  • inlet13inlet13 Posts: 1,979
    Great pick.
    Here's a new demo called "in the fire":

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" - In the Fire (demo)</a> by <a href="
  • PJ44 wrote:
    wish it was Gonna see my Friend

+1

Shoulda been something less pop-friendly. Supersonic or Johnny Guitar would have been good choices.
    But what do I care? It's not like I'm gonna turn it off when I hear it!
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I love the song so I'm glad more people will hear it. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Weak Song. But, its a single so no surprise.
  • Ahr MannAhr Mann Posts: 141
    MrSmith wrote:
    worst song on the album and one of the worst they ever wrote. that said its obvious that this song was made solely to sell records to radio rock fans, so whatever.

and please dont compare it to Alive and GTF. every time someone compares this crap to those classics, an angel loses it wings and is thrown into hell for such blasphemy. :P

It's just like GTF in the sense that both songs get skipped on my MP3 player whenever they start: How either song can be compared to "Alive" makes no sense to me.
  • Ahr Mann wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

It's just like GTF in the sense that both songs get skipped on my MP3 player whenever they start: How either song can be compared to "Alive" makes no sense to me.
    fair enough.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    good choice

only song that I think would have been a better choice is Force of Nature
  • BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    Don't know why everyone hates on Amongst the Waves and drools over Johnny Guitar...

Johnny Guitar is one of their few songs that I typically skip...worst song on the album IMO...
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • Amongst the Waves is my favorite song on this record and favorite new one to hear live.
  • T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 412
    I am definitely not a big fan of Amongst The Waves. I can see why they chose it as a single though. It's radio-friendly enough.

I just feel like it wants to take off and explode but never does. And I agree that it shouldn't be compared to GTF or Alive. They are both far superior.

I really expected Unthought Known, though I can see their rationale in choosing ATW over it. Unthought Known takes a while to build (though I thought they'd release the single with a shortened intro) and radio may have been turned off by that (because radio is stupid). ATW is more immediate and probably has a stronger hook.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • I just wish the stations around here would actually play the new singles. The Fixer got played all the time back in August when it was new, and now we're lucky for every 3 weeks. Just Breathe....wow, I bet the DJ just laughed when he heard it and refused. I love the song, but our rock stations is all about balls/testosterone/manliness....so JB never had a chance. Maybe ATW will.
    Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?

I'll not lose my faith, it's an inside job today

St. Louis 5/4/10 Hope for many more!
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    So its official then, I thought Unthought Known would make it as a 3rd single but I'm glad it didn't. Let's see how it's received this one for the common audience.
    México 24/11/2011
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Yeah...it looks like a May 17th release date according to Wiki.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • MrSmith wrote:
    worst song on the album and one of the worst they ever wrote.

I think you're confused... It's not Force of Nature that's the single, it's Amongst the Waves

;)
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    demetrios wrote:

Ah there is no pictures, links or cd casing of any hint of the radio single in that thread. :|

This makes it official. Sad there's no colour to this promo. Just plain black & white. Where's the rainbow of colours?

Now thats the first promo! I'm sure in a few weeks we will have different cases - in wonderful colours!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Mr Rocko wrote:
    So its official then, I thought Unthought Known would make it as a 3rd single but I'm glad it didn't. Let's see how it's received this one for the common audience.

...maybe b-side?
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Chrisilein wrote:
    Mr Rocko wrote:

...maybe b-side?

Just what I was thinking, a NON-ALBUM b-side would be the tops 8-)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,804
    I actually heard Amongst the Waves at one of our local supermarkets, ACME. :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC