Ubaldo...I think I love you

MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I drafted Ubaldo Jimenez late in the draft this year, and I look like a freaking Genius.

Who knew he would go 5-0 in April with a 0.79 ERA?

My Starting rotation is:

Tim Lincecum
Felix Hernandez
Tommy Hanson
David Price
Ubaldo Jimenez
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WhyGo77WhyGo77 Posts: 113
    Good gracious! That's a damn good fantasy rotation...how many teams are in your league?
    "I'll ride the wave, where it takes me..."

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine..."
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Call me old fashoined, but my fantasy list would be made up entirely of women.
    Nice - who would be on your starting five/starting rotation?

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    WhyGo77 wrote:

That's a tough one... I don't know many chicks who can work a nasty curve in between 90+ mile an hour fastballs.
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    WhyGo77 wrote:
    Good gracious! That's a damn good fantasy rotation...how many teams are in your league?
    12. I am winning by a mile.
    12 teams and that rotation...you might want to buy your wife something nice now - because you're winning your league!

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    F Ubaldo, I'm going against him this week!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I drafted Ubaldo Jimenez late in the draft this year, and I look like a freaking Genius.

My Starting rotation is:

Tim Lincecum
    Felix Hernandez
    Tommy Hanson
    David Price
    Ubaldo Jimenez

Sweet staff. I waited quite a bit longer than you to draft pitching. I'm doing pretty good. Here is my 12 team league.

Nolasco
    Garza
    Price
    Dempster
    DiceK
    E. Santana

And my 10 team league where I'm really doing well in the pitching department.

Johan Santana
    Ricky Nolasco
    Ubaldo Jimenez
    Matt Garza
    Ryan Dempster
    Ted Lilly
    Ervin Santana

By waiting for pitching my hitting is actually my best attribute. I join you in loving Ubaldo.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I got Dempster as well. He's also kicking ass this year.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    yeah i don't understand this fantasy sports bullshit.
    i barely understand sports as it is let alone understand some bullshit fantasy stuff that doesn't exist but gives many people hard-ons. so yeah a fantasy list of chics is a good idea.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    i barely understand sports as it is let alone understand some bullshit fantasy stuff that doesn't exist but gives many people hard-ons. so yeah a fantasy list of chics is a good idea.

Same thing could be said of bad poetry. But just cause it doesn't reach me, doesn't mean I look to bash it on the internet. (without cause of course).

Therefore I just stay away and avoid commenting on stuff in the poetry forum here.

Not bad advice.
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    If you can also grab De La Rosa, do that as well. It may be easy to do right now since we just placed him on the DL. He has nasty stuff and is a leftie. His 1st start was actually better then Ubaldo's. Also look into grabbing our catcher Olivo. We just demoted Ianetta to AAA and Olivo is our basher right now. He has the starting job now outright and has a sweet swing.

I really need to find a Fantasy Baseball League...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    CServant wrote:
    If you can also grab De La Rosa, do that as well. It may be easy to do right now since we just placed him on the DL. He has nasty stuff and is a leftie. His 1st start was actually better then Ubaldo's. Also look into grabbing our catcher Olivo. We just demoted Ianetta to AAA and Olivo is our basher right now. He has the starting job now outright and has a sweet swing.

I really need to find a Fantasy Baseball League...

A lot of good happening with your team. C. Gonzalez, Tulo (of course), Ubaldo, De la Rosa. I even like that Seth Smith guy. He needs to get his average up, but that dude can rake.

That is a fun team.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,701
    WhyGo77 wrote:
    AAAAAqN835EAAAAAAIuaJQ.jpg

jessica-alba-bikini.jpg (Jessica Alba for those who don't recognize her from behind)

megan-fox-03.jpg

image.axd?picture=VanessaMarcil2.jpg

natalie_portman.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Looks like your starters have me whipped!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

My Starting rotation is:

Tim Lincecum
    Felix Hernandez
    Tommy Hanson
    David Price
    Ubaldo Jimenez

What kind of league are you in were you able to get Ubaldo Jimenez late? He ahd 15 wins, struck out nearly 200 and had an ERA under 3.5. If he was a surprise to anyone, they don't really pay attention.

and what does your hitting look like?

You might need bettter competition.

And kudos for the Alyssa Milano pic .... god she's gorgeous!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

Always been one of my favorites.
    jimed14 wrote:

My Starting rotation is:

Tim Lincecum
    Felix Hernandez
    Tommy Hanson
    David Price
    Ubaldo Jimenez

What kind of league are you in were you able to get Ubaldo Jimenez late? He ahd 15 wins, struck out nearly 200 and had an ERA under 3.5. If he was a surprise to anyone, they don't really pay attention.

and what does your hitting look like?

You might need bettter competition.

Offense:
    C-Weitters
    C-Nick Hundley (???)
    1B- Prince Fielder
    2B - Cano
    SS - Tolowitski
    3B- Zimmmerman
    OF - Kemp
    OF - Nelson Cruz
    OF - Carlos Gonzalez
    Util - Shane Victorino
    Util - Derek Lee

It is a keeper league, and with 30 SP's protected going in to the draft, Ubaldo was the 5th SP taken.

Taken ahead of him was: Gollardo, Burnett and a couple of others.
    So not a 5 man OF.

How many teams in your league?

Offense:
    C-Weitters
    C-Nick Hundley (???)
    1B- Prince Fielder
    2B - Cano
    SS - Tolowitski
    3B- Zimmmerman
    OF - Kemp
    OF - Nelson Cruz
    OF - Carlos Gonzalez
    Util - Shane Victorino
    Util - Derek Lee

Pitching:
    Tim Lincecum
    Felix Hernandez
    Tommy Hanson
    David Price
    Ubaldo Jimenez

I don't toss the word "stupid" around often ... and I won't here ... but, this must be the league with the least amount of fantasy baseball knowledge I've ever seen. I mean ever.

You have probably 10 of the top 25 players. And aside from Nick Hundley, every one of your guys is probably in the top 60-70. I can't imagine letting anyone acquire this much talent.

Seriously, this can't be fun ... it's like playing chess with a 4 year olds.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    jimed14 wrote:
    I don't toss the word "stupid" around often ... and I won't here ... but, this must be the league with the least amount of fantasy baseball knowledge I've ever seen. I mean ever.

You have probably 10 of the top 25 players. And aside from Nick Hundley, every one of your guys is probably in the top 60-70. I can't imagine letting anyone acquire this much talent.

he did say it was a keeper league ... so, maybe he traded before these guys broke out ...
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Wilds wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Same thing could be said of bad poetry. But just cause it doesn't reach me, doesn't mean I look to bash it on the internet. (without cause of course).

Therefore I just stay away and avoid commenting on stuff in the poetry forum here.

Not bad advice.

fair enough.
    i do agree that bad poetry sucks ass.
    i guess i'm an asshole for giving my opinion on fantasy sports.
    nicely done.... :clap:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    jimed14 wrote:

Offense:
    C-Weitters
    C-Nick Hundley (???)
    1B- Prince Fielder
    2B - Cano
    SS - Tolowitski
    3B- Zimmmerman
    OF - Kemp
    OF - Nelson Cruz
    OF - Carlos Gonzalez
    Util - Shane Victorino
    Util - Derek Lee

Pitching:
    Tim Lincecum
    Felix Hernandez
    Tommy Hanson
    David Price
    Ubaldo Jimenez

That, or it's a two team league. :|
    Wilds wrote:

He alrady said it was a twelve team league. 12!

The only post worth anything in this thread was the one with Alyssa Milano, and, in a Red Sox shirt!

Hell yeah ...

AAAAAmB5iDAAAAAAAIuSxA.jpg

jimed14 wrote:
    Wilds wrote:

The only post worth anything in this thread was the one with Alyssa Milano, and, in a Red Sox shirt!

Hell yeah ...

My bad. I missed that.

Damn. In that case, just Wow!
    We've been doing this pool for 20 years, same 12 guys from high school. I have won this pool 8 years out of 20 and they all hate me. Out of the 12, only 5 of us know our shit. I have no problem with it at all.

The keeper league portion is quite intense (rules for rookies, protecting 10 players/year minimum).

I've been on a roll the last few years, and drafting Ubaldo was another coup for me.

Going back to my original point....I love him
    We've been doing this pool for 20 years, same 12 guys from high school. I have won this pool 8 years out of 20 and they all hate me. Out of the 12, only 5 of us know our shit. I have no problem with it at all.

The keeper league portion is quite intense (rules for rookies, protecting 10 players/year minimum).

I've been on a roll the last few years, and drafting Ubaldo was another coup for me.

Going back to my original point....I love him

"I love them two" -Fletch
    jimed14 wrote:
    Wilds wrote:

Hell yeah ...

Here's one for your transplant home team.

Giants+Tee.jpg
    The fantasy continues...
    Boston+Red+Sox+Women%27s+Burnout+V-Neck+Tie+Top+touch+by+Alyssa+Milano.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,583

My Starting rotation is:

Tim Lincecum
    Felix Hernandez
    Tommy Hanson
    David Price
    Ubaldo Jimenez

are there like 4 people in your league? :lol:
    www.myspace.com