History Buffs unite!

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
i know this is a horribly broad topic. nonetheless, anyone here a history buff? I have always sort of latched onto historical books, biographies, as opposed to novels. When I was an activist, I was lucky to have year after year in school great teachers and professors, who instilled in me a love of history. In my senior year of high school i took a class, maybe one of my favorite classes ever, by a teacher who just oozed enthusiasm for history. it was ap history. And I gladly did all the work. We even had to do reading over the summer, and I did it. I even considered buying the textbook i loved it so much. There were movie nights, i think they were required, mandatory and i think the movies and tests were all on saturdays, and anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I couldnt wait for school end, so the fact that i loved going, was something pretty cool. it was Intensive as all get out, but well worth it.

Anyways, as most of you know if have quit the activism game, 4 years ago, and have spent the last 4 years basically not reading the paper, not watching the news. Basically a 180 from the my activist days

anyways, the point is, i still have a hankering for historical books, films, tv shows, whatever. Whats good in terms of all that stuff in the last 4 years. As I said I know this is incredibly broad and open ended.

What dvd's. tv shows, movies, books should I check out?

I honestly have no desire to be an activist, but I would love to know what I have missed these 4 years!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I love "Cities of the Underworld" on the History channel.

I have a bit of a nerdy side though 8-)
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I love "Cities of the Underworld" on the History channel.

+1 great show
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:
    I love "Cities of the Underworld" on the History channel.

+1 great show

The host is hot too :D
  • d1witdafunkd1witdafunk Posts: 226
    America the story of us is good its on history channel.....6 part series just started Sunday.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I wouldn't call myself a buff, but I've always had an interest in history. I do enjoy national geographic and the history channel quite a lot :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I enjoy all the ancient prophecy and folklore stuff on the History Channel.