i just don't get it

mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,399
edited April 2010 in The Porch
i've seen pearl jam forty times; hartford will be show 41 for me. i'm then going to see them in newark and both nights in msg. why am i so damn pumped for these shows? how can i still be so excited about a band i've seen so many different times since 1996 all across north america? how can i be tempted to drive to indiana from new jersey to see them on a friday night (it's only a 12 hour drive lol)? i just don't get it. I'm so so excited for the next couple weeks. this "tour" is going to rock.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smanchacsmanchac Posts: 255
    same here

ive seen 20 shows and,
    im like, didn't i just travel from Texas to Washington for 2 shows in Seattle? didn't i drive 5 hours to austin for a 3rd show that tour? wasn't that only 7 months ago? why am i so excited for the NE shows?

well i havent done NE shows yet, 1st MSG shows, and after philly last year theres a reason to be excited again!

or, maybe that PJ gives us a reason to do something different, that we all love... it gives us a chance to get it OUT!
    2000 10.14 10.15
    2003 4.1 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.8 4.9 4.11 4.13 6.9 6.10
    2004 10.8
    2008 6.14 6.17 6.22
    2009 9.21 9.22 9.25 10.4
    2010 5.18 5.20 5.21
    2012 7.4 7.5 7.7 7.9 7.10 9.30
    2013 7.19 10.21 10.22 10.25 12.4 12.6

35 Shows; 1040 Songs
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    i've seen pearl jam forty times; hartford will be show 41 for me. i'm then going to see them in newark and both nights in msg. why am i so damn pumped for these shows? how can i still be so excited about a band i've seen so many different times since 1996 all across north america? how can i be tempted to drive to indiana from new jersey to see them on a friday night (it's only a 12 hour drive lol)? i just don't get it. I'm so so excited for the next couple weeks. this "tour" is going to rock.

It's pretty magnificent right! Pjam will always have us by the balls live no matter what, Im only able to afford two shows this time around due to an ucoming move and i'm seriously like UGHH i can't push this off anymore to go see pearl jam haha but i really want to :lol: Specially since its all relatively close to me.. anyhow.. .. Picking interesting/good opening bands helps as well to add to the rush of excitement..
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I think I get it, but you need to figure it out for yourself...
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,832
    what dont you get?

PJ is the best rock band since led zeppelin and they continue bring it each and every time they play live, which fortunately is often (if you live on the east coast ;) )

The philly shows have only increased my excitement for this "tour"
    That 10/30 show was as good as any PJ show Ive seen.
    It will tough for them to beat the excitement of that gig-but something tells me they will.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    edited April 2010
    Get_Right wrote:
    what dont you get?

PJ is the best rock band since led zeppelin and they continue bring it each and every time they play live, which fortunately is often (if you live on the east coast ;) )

The philly shows have only increased my excitement for this "tour"
    That 10/30 show was as good as any PJ show Ive seen.
    It will tough for them to beat the excitement of that gig-but something tells me they will.
    1, 2, 3, 4 HA A A A LLE LLE LLE LLE LU LU LU LU JAH JAY JAY JAY :P

Those last 2 shows were F*ckn Incredible! Not sure if we'll ever see back to back shows like that again. But we WILL keep on seeing them just in case ;).

Love Zeppelin. I was in MSG in 77 8-)
    Post edited by guacamolejoe on
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,832
    1, 2, 3, 4 HA A A A LLE LLE LLE LLE LU LU LU LU JAH JAY JAY JAY :P

Those last 2 shows were F*ckn Incredible. Not sure if we'll ever see back to back shows like that again. But we WILL keep on seeing them just in case ;).
    amen
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,399
    yeah those philly shows were just awesome. i think i like the 30th better than the 31st. but this band just keeps getting better and better. it's like the band and me kind of grew together. i just can't wait for hartford, it's going to be awesome! i don't think ed will bust out a version of "bugs" but i'm hoping for an oceans or release for an openener.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    it's love growing!