anybody else travelling solo to nyc??

in eds treein eds tree Posts: 539
edited April 2010 in The Porch
So I will be travelling solo to the MSG shows and was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? Never been to NY before either, so if you are from there and wouldn't mind showing me around the city, that would be awesome! I can't afford a hotel by myself so I will probably stay in a hostel, I will only be using it to sleep in anyway. That is unless some other singles want to share a room.
keep on rockin' in the free world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm going solo too, done it many times including up to NYC (I live in Virginia). I am cheap, so I will be staying in a hostel. Check out American Dream Hostel. Never stayed there, but looks decent.
  • SarahLouSarahLou Posts: 175
    me too! Pm sent :D
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    SarahLou wrote:

Oh Sarah are you travellin over to NYC from Glasgow too then?

When do you leave for the shows? :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    First time in NYC!? Awesome! I can recommend Chelsea Hostel, it's really clean and downtown (which is way better than midtown). Also, for the ladies... if you're on FB, check out the group PJ Touring Girls, there is also PJ Touring Guys ;)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • SarahLouSarahLou Posts: 175
    SarahLou wrote:

OMG are you too?? thats amazing! i've not booked my flights yet, i'm gonna be staying in the US for a few months after so need to wait for my Visa start date! where you from??
    SarahLou wrote:
    SarahLou wrote:

OMG are you too?? thats amazing! i've not booked my flights yet, i'm gonna be staying in the US for a few months after so need to wait for my Visa start date! where you from??

Sarah i live just outside of Glasgow in Newton Mearns, I will just be in NYC for a week for the shows but then i will be back for some euro shows!! I leave on the 17th.

Thats awesome that you are staying in the us for a while!, I decided to do the ny shows this year since i turned 21 in march! :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • I am going solo to both shows, but staying with my cousin in Long Island.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,391
    I've done solo, many times to NYC. My hotel stay were just across the MSG. The subway was easy to do from msg to Radio City Music Hall. That's where you want to go, right up the top & check out the sweet view of NYC. :)
  • afaridafarid Posts: 177
    I have been traveling solo to see Pearl Jam all over the North East since 2003.

Taking 12 hour road trips is a norm for me. But this time I think I will be flying. I am getting too old to drive for long distance :)
    Toronto 03, 05, 06, 09
    Montreal 03, 05
    Kitchener 03
    Ottawa 05
    New Jersey 06
    Chicago 07
    Washington DC 08
    NYC 08
    EDDIE 08
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    afarid wrote:
    I have been traveling solo to see Pearl Jam all over the North East since 2003.

Taking 12 hour road trips is a norm for me. But this time I think I will be flying. I am getting too old to drive for long distance :)

LOL... still can't believe you drove back to TO after Philly 4! Cracker! :lol:
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    i am traveling solo......may 17th -22nd,
    red sox yankees 17th
    neil young in albany 18th
    d rays yankees 19th
    pearl jam 20th
    pearl jam 21st
    i have an extra neil young ticket.......if anyone is interested let me know
    gonna be a great week......any fellow party people ?
    ajb
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    yep.
    sort of. but meeting friends there that i always seem to meet at shows.
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
    Traveling solo to 5 shows!! (Hartford, Boston, Newark and both MSG's.)

I am so ready to leave Phoenix for some concerts!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • ronyrony Posts: 212
    Coming in solo from Dublin on the 19th till the 22nd, lived in manhattan for 3 months a few summers ago so kinda know my way around, can't wait to go its gonna be awesome!!
  • GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,802
    10C Rocks wrote:
    Traveling solo to 5 shows!! (Hartford, Boston, Newark and both MSG's.)

I am so ready to leave Phoenix for some concerts!

10c

I will be solo for a few of those dates as well coming in from ca.

Shoot me a pm and maybe we can meet up for a beer.
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • dadesdades Posts: 322
    Flying in from Dundee for shows in Boston, Newark and both MSG shows :D
    Drum Machine 89, you and your dad going to any of the pre-partys?
    Cannot wait :D:D
    Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    Leaving NYC 5:00 am saturday for the WHOLE LOT of the shows.
    :geek: ;)

Cept Bristow, they better not sell the Emek in VA
    dades wrote:
    Flying in from Dundee for shows in Boston, Newark and both MSG shows :D
    Drum Machine 89, you and your dad going to any of the pre-partys?
    Cannot wait :D:D

Hey man not sure yet if we will be going to any but would be cool to meet up with a fellow Scotsman! :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates