Options

my morning jacket in charleston sc

jr19jr19 Posts: 338
edited April 2010 in Other Music
going to this show on wed. the 28th. was looking at some recent setlist and saw that they are playing an insane clown posse cover... the song is carnival time. now i am unfamilar with any of icp's work so i dont know what to think of this.... seems sort of funny. does anyone know anything about this...?? heard it?? :mrgreen:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    You are incorrect about this. Carnival Time is a song originally performed by Al "Carnival Time" Johnson, a part of the Presevation Hall Jazz Band, who is accompanying MMJ on their spring tour. It kicks ass actually. Go to the MMJ forum and download the shows from the last week. I'm super-jealous you get MMJ now and I have to wait 4 months.

I'm going to try and forget that you thought Jim and the boys would ever think of doing a cover by those two neanderthals.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    this is what setlist.com lead me to believe. but whatever..... certainly glad to hear that they are not covering that song.
  • Options
    I'm going to try and forget that you thought Jim and the boys would ever think of doing a cover by those two neanderthals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs
    "Fuckin' Magnets, how do they work?" :lol:

I wish I could see MMJ this summer. I've only seen them open for PJ in 06 and at that point I had no idea who they were and how amazing they are :oops:
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs
    "Fuckin' Magnets, how do they work?" :lol:
    Maybe Jim and Patrick "Clock Arms" Hallihan can do this a cappella during an encore. BTW I always seem to throw up watching that video. Almost done cleaning it up though.
    jr19 wrote:
    this is what setlist.com lead me to believe. but whatever..... certainly glad to hear that they are not covering that song.
    I try not to use setlist.com for this reason. MMJ's website is awesome though. I'm on there almost as much as here. Their setlist archive is updated daily. Hey jr19, you gotta give us a little review after the show. I'd love to hear what you thought.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    really excited to hear this show. i am going to bonnaroo this year and i think im looking foward to mmj more than that right now. gonna be epic.... cant wait... i let you know how it was... really wish i could hear "cobra" or "o is the one that is real" live.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Really hoping for some West coast fall dates.

Also, setlists look good so far but i wish they would mix it up a little more. Playing the same set pretty much, all nights.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,600
    i caught the first show of the tour in birmingham. great, great show. RAWWWWWKKKKK!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    live in Daniel Island last night was My Morning Jacket with Preservation Hall Jazz Band. It was simply great. Never seen anything quite like this. Jim James is such a pro... it is insane. I was completely in a dream listening to them last night. Gotta say best show that ive seen this year..... maybe all time. It was a night to remember for sure.... . wish they would have played cobra but i got mostly what i wanted... highly suspicious, laylow, Maghetta, OBH, At Dawn, Gideon and so on.... go see them if you havent.. and go again if you have. they are on par with wilco as far as a live show is concerned.
  • Options
    jr19 wrote:
    live in Daniel Island last night was My Morning Jacket with Preservation Hall Jazz Band. It was simply great. Never seen anything quite like this. Jim James is such a pro... it is insane. I was completely in a dream listening to them last night. Gotta say best show that ive seen this year..... maybe all time. It was a night to remember for sure.... . wish they would have played cobra but i got mostly what i wanted... highly suspicious, laylow, Maghetta, OBH, At Dawn, Gideon and so on.... go see them if you havent.. and go again if you have. they are on par with wilco as far as a live show is concerned.
    That's awesome dude!

This is usually the response from people seeing My Morning Jacket.

Hope you get Cobra next time. I've seen it twice and Patrick & Tommy are the MVPs of that song. Big fan.