KC record stores

garland09garland09 Posts: 833
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Does anybody know of any good records stores close to the sprint center in kansas city? I'm looking to check out some good record stores if anybody can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It's been quite a while since I have been to KC, but there used to be a little vinyl shop in the Westport area. I don't remember the name, but if you do a search of Westport in KC, I think there is a site with all the shops, bars, restaurants, etc. that would show it. Not too far from Sprint; within a few miles at most. Short cab ride. There was also a pretty cool place called Seventh Heaven that was more of a head shop, but they used to carry some good vinyl. Not sure if they still do, and they are not close to Sprint. Good luck, and enjoy the show.
  • The best record store in the KC metro region is actually in Lawrence, KS (about 45 minutes from the Sprint Center). It's called Love Garden. If you're coming in from the West it's worth your trip. There actually isn't all that much retail downtown, near Sprint Center. Certainly no record stores as far as I know. Streetside Records on Broadway and Westport has greatly expanded their vinyl selection lately. That would be about a 15 minute cab ride. There's a small little store around the corner from there called Zebedee's (1208 W. 39th) that has some decent stuff. On the Kansas side you've got Vinyl Renaissance (10922 Shawnee Mission Parkway) which has TONS of stuff (including McIntosh Amps) but is generally very pricy. That would be a 30 minute cab ride.

Two FANTASTIC stores (Recylced Sounds, Music Exchange) have closed within the last four years and that made me sad. Anyway, enjoy the show, and enjoy KC!
    7/27/1992: Lollapalooza, St. Louis; 7/11/1995: Soldier Field, Chicago
    7/2/1998: Riverport, St. Louis; 7/3/1998: Sandstone, KC; 10/9/2000: Rosemont Horizon, Chicago; 10/12/2000 Sandstone, KC; 6/12/2003: Sanstone, KC; 6/13/2003 MAC Center, Omaha
  • The best record store in the KC metro region is actually in Lawrence, KS (about 45 minutes from the Sprint Center). It's called Love Garden. If you're coming in from the West it's worth your trip. There actually isn't all that much retail downtown, near Sprint Center. Certainly no record stores as far as I know. Streetside Records on Broadway and Westport has greatly expanded their vinyl selection lately. That would be about a 15 minute cab ride. There's a small little store around the corner from there called Zebedee's (1208 W. 39th) that has some decent stuff. On the Kansas side you've got Vinyl Renaissance (10922 Shawnee Mission Parkway) which has TONS of stuff (including McIntosh Amps) but is generally very pricy. That would be a 30 minute cab ride.

Two FANTASTIC stores (Recylced Sounds, Music Exchange) have closed within the last four years and that made me sad. Anyway, enjoy the show, and enjoy KC!

He He I've probably run into at Vinyl Renn or LG..LMAO I'm there all the time when I have money.and wow thanks for the westport info I never knew about that place you made my DAY!!!!

These really are great places, and they have almost everything you could want or hope to find.
  • I've been inventoring my vinyl collection and I've discovered I have close to 4000. I really need to slow down. I'm the proud owner of everything Pearl Jam's released on vinyl with the exception of Benny and Soldier Field (even though I was at the show). All Fan Club singles, all regular released singles, all 12" singles, and all LPs (even Temple of the Dog, the Singles Soundtrack, and even Substitute: Songs from the Who).
    7/27/1992: Lollapalooza, St. Louis; 7/11/1995: Soldier Field, Chicago
    7/2/1998: Riverport, St. Louis; 7/3/1998: Sandstone, KC; 10/9/2000: Rosemont Horizon, Chicago; 10/12/2000 Sandstone, KC; 6/12/2003: Sanstone, KC; 6/13/2003 MAC Center, Omaha