repeat friend request after they delete me on FB

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
The first time my relative deleted me and another relative, I thought, "oh well!" Then I received a friend request from him about 2 months ago. I accepted. Then he deactivated his account when he was in the hospital. Then his name showed up again as a friend. Next, I was deleted again as a friend it would appear. Tonight when I logged on, I have a friend request. My question is, do you think it is Face book doing an automatic friend request or maybe email is doing it? He's kind of unusual so I'm not asking him.

There was someone I have not seen in 30 yrs that did a friend request and I accepted. He never emailed me or responded after I wrote on his wall and I found it creepy. I deleted him. I received a friend request again and I ignored it.

are these friend requests automatic?
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    They're not automatic as far as I know.
    Yesterday I received a friend request from the girlfriend of a friend of mine. I've never met the girl, and the friend isn't one of my best friends, just someone who I used to occasionally bump into in a pub - one of my wider circle of friends. So I wonder why his new girlfriend would want to add me. Strange.
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    iluvcats - I don't think they're automatic; I think your friends are just weird.

Brynzie - I think some people just want to be friends with as many people as possible, which is not something I understand.

My $0.02.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    scb wrote:
    iluvcats - I don't think they're automatic; I think your friends are just weird.

i think the same,happen to me with some people..

scb wrote:
    Brynzie - I think some people just want to be friends with as many people as possible, which is not something I understand.

My $0.02.
    depence how u use facebook..i have 1000 friends,950 are pj friends.from here in the forum most of them..
    ok,i use it only for pj infos,videos,posts,and make plan for tour..
    i dont remember use it for non pj issue..
    like to post :i m going with mom for shopping.. :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

I just friend requested you :P
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I hate how people from school are finding me, requesting an add, then when I accept they don't talk to you.
    What for?
    Especially when I never spoke to them at school or had anything to do with them.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Byrnzie wrote:

and we are friends now :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Byrnzie wrote:

and we are friends now :)

AWWWWWWWWWW how sweet fellas!! :lol::lol:

Some people are just collectors. They do not discriminate or filter who they befriend as such. To me, that leaves you wide open for lots of people you don't know having access to things you would normally not share with them.

Me, I only accept people who I have actually had some sort of relationship (friendship etc) with during my life AND who I would like to get back in touch with or continue to have in my life. Every 6 months or so I go through and have a clean out and get rid of the ones who don't communicate.

I have had an ex-friend and her ex-boyfriend send friend requests within a coule of days of each other...the last communication we had was via a solicitor whereby they were informed there was an order against them contacting or coming near me....you think I want that shit back in my life??? Some people really are stupid. :roll:
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I hate how people from school are finding me, requesting an add, then when I accept they don't talk to you. What for?

that's the second person I was describing in my post. I knew him in first grade and then the last time I saw him was in 9th grade. So after I accepted his friend request, I thought he would say hi. I googled his name and he is a shrink, so maybe he's nuts :)

the first person is my relative so you would think they would be a little more stable about it, stop the roller coaster friend deletions.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    My first cousin pretty much avoids me and if we cross paths its just a shake of the hands.
    Yet he asks to be my facebook friend, a'hole.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I joined Faceache purely to track down a musician who's got my ITW and Re-issuue discs.

People have come out of the woodwork on FB asking to be my friend :?

I delete most of them,
    but I do keep the " HOT " requests sitting in my friend request box, just to piss my bloke off......
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    its not facebook he is just weird

i always delete people. especially ex's.

i may refriend a year later or so. i find it funny. people get really pissed when they're deleted. i've deleted people then seconds later gotten a message of "WTF?"

i am also weird
    jones wrote:
    its not facebook
    i am also weird

Wierd makes the world go around.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    [quote="iluvcats". I googled his name and he is a shrink, so maybe he's nuts :)
    .[/quote]

maybe he knows your nuts? And he just wants to help? Or maybe he wants to help you cause your old and your memory is fading? Jk
    I'll be back
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I think some of them ARE automatic.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    do you remember reunion dot com? it was changed or taken over by mylife dot com. I used to be registered on there. A man contacted me and addressed me by a different name and said what street I lived on years ago. I replied that he had the wrong person. I kept getting notices that he was looking at my profile. I changed my profile to a different name and the email notices continued that he looked at my profile. Mylife makes you call them to delete your account. I called them and said I'm sick of this man looking at my profile, he has the wrong person. The lady told me they were automated, that he probably wasn't really looking at my profile. That was a pain. She gave me a hard time when I asked her to delete me but she finally did.

this is why i wondered if the repeated friend requests (which showed up in my email) were automated on fb.

nothingman54, go look at pics of your sister in law and tell us your fantasies some more, ok?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    [quote="iluvcats". I googled his name and he is a shrink, so maybe he's nuts :)

maybe he knows your nuts? And he just wants to help? Or maybe he wants to help you cause your old and your memory is fading? Jk[/quote]

since shrinky dinky is local, I was hoping for free advice. dorkus, he is just as old as I am since we were in the same grade (except I was 3 - 9 mos older than classmates.)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    Yesterday I was feeling really generous and accepted the whole 5 people sitting in my ' friend request' box whom I had neither accepted or ignored for 3 months.

I bet it spun THEM out.....

POKE! :mrgreen:
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    I haven't been to my page in months, but i get the friend request emails. I have like 60 waiting approval. People probably think I'm a jackass, but I don't like any of them anyways.

And..yes...many people do just try to get as many friends as possible no matter what like there is a prize for having the most...I don't get it
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I wouldn't worry about it.

I had a someone I went to grade school with add me, so I sent them a message... they responded six months later, apologizing saying they just figured out how to facebook.

Worrying about it will just make you as psyco as the other pysos on there. :lol:

If someone really gets mad at you over Facebook, they are probably not someone you want in your life anyways.
    I haven't been to my page in months, but i get the friend request emails. I have like 60 waiting approval. People probably think I'm a jackass, but I don't like any of them anyways.

And..yes...many people do just try to get as many friends as possible no matter what like there is a prize for having the most...I don't get it

Same here.....But if I'm suppose to know these people from primary and high school, who are going to be at the next ' reunion ', then I want to be friendly and meet them again, incase they grew a brain and grew up into decent Human Beings, and to give them the benifit of doubt before I delete them from my friends list :twisted:

As for those that request out of the blue I don't know....no thanks. :|

But I must say, my whole 2 friends on Faceache have been entertaining :D
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I hate how people from school are finding me, requesting an add, then when I accept they don't talk to you.
    What for?
    Especially when I never spoke to them at school or had anything to do with them.

I hate that too.

I get requests from people who I didn't run with in high school, and who I've never really spoke to and I just think: "That's a nice gesture, but if we weren't friends then...what makes you think we'll be friends now? If anything I have less time for more friends."
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I think Facebook causes too many worlds to collide. I wouldn't want everyone I know to have access to eachother.....you never know who may say what. I wouldn't want some causal chain that would allow my yenta sister to know everything about my life, or even worse, have access to everyone I know!
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I think Facebook causes too many worlds to collide. I wouldn't want everyone I know to have access to eachother.....you never know who may say what. I wouldn't want some causal chain that would allow my yenta sister to know everything about my life, or even worse, have access to everyone I know!
    Yep...you're right. That was always a concern I had about it. Didn't like outsiders being privy to my business or having access to the folks i am closest to
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Yep...you're right. That was always a concern I had about it. Didn't like outsiders being privy to my business or having access to the folks i am closest to

^^^^ Totally agree. I created one once, but decided not to activate it (by clicking on the link they send you), so I thought it wasn't live, but 2 years later someone referred to it and I found it existed. Took some detective work to delete it but I did. Social media is not for me, because I'm not that social and really don't want to be bothered. If someone from the past isn't in my life at this point, I have no interest in contact with them, and I have enough contact already, with those I care about.

But we were discussing this at home today, and from what my husband was saying I think there is automation in friend requests, depending on how you join or access facebook. He was saying somehow it can collect all the email addresses in your mailbox and send all those people friend requests purportedly from you, and I believe it because I've gotten requests from a couple people and when I questioned them via email, they said they hadn't send the request.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008