avocado - the fruit

dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
edited April 2010 in The Porch
i used an avocado in making my dinner tonight. i realized i will never again be able to see an avocado and NOT think about pearl jam.

how strange, really. who'd've thunk it in 2005? maybe there are people who can't see a banana w/o thinking of the velvet underground.

in 2012, will i forevermore associate, say, cucumbers with, say, band of horses?

what a fabulously useful thread.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I can't eat a peach without thinking of Duane Allman.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    lemon = U2. same thing.
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Same thing here. I've not been able to slurp goat's head soup and NOT think of the Stones.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    DangDang wrote:
    Same thing here. I've not been able to slurp goat's head soup and NOT think of the Stones.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: .......... One of my Favorites.
    The Stones of course ;)..... :lol::lol:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    DangDang wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: .......... One of my Favorites.
    The Stones of course ;)..... :lol::lol:

MY favorite is actually split pea.
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    same idea here, but with a slight twist, i work in the dairy department of a supermarket, and last night while putting out fresh cream, i put out Whipping cream, then couldn't get the song Whipping out of my head. :D
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I can't eat a peach without thinking of Duane Allman.

or Presidents of the United States of America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvcohzJvviQ