Options

who you are

DaveMatthewsDaveMatthews Posts: 73
edited December 2007 in The Porch
i've noticed this tune gets a bad wrap on here. like people say it sucks.

i think it's a kick ass track, ya'll. one of my favorite pj songs. am i wrong? why do people hate it
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm on board with you. One of my favourites from No Code.
  • Options
    Great tune.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    A great seshing tune, no doubt.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    i dont like it, at all. sorry, its done absolutely nothing for me.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    i think its the song that got me into pearl jam back in the day. really unique and what not. great great song.
  • Options
    I used to skip over it, but now I realize it kicks ass. It just had to grow on me.

The more I listen, the more I like it.
    "I wish I was the full moon... you kept your house keys on" - Wishlist (Melbourne '03)
  • Options
    I like it. I thought everybody else did as well. Oh well.
  • Options
    I can't imagine how many people will disagree with me, but I do LIKE the stuff after "No Code", but not enough to collect every freakin' thing released around that era. I am practically addicted everything that's "No Code" and before, and the experimentation of "Who You Are" is different. I admire that, and I appreciate the song because of that. But...I just don't like the same way as I do with songs like "Once" and "Rearviewmirror".
  • Options

i think it's a kick ass track, ya'll. one of my favorite pj songs. am i wrong? why do people hate it

DaveMatthews, I agree. Who You Are is an awesome track. Better than most stuff off Ten.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    thats just fucking crazy, man
  • Options
    DaveMatthews, I agree. Who You Are is an awesome track. Better than most stuff off Ten.

Yup.
  • Options

crazy talk
  • Options
    I always get happy after listening to this song.. one of my favorites.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270

they should do it live more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    danny d
  • Options
    danny wrote:
    they should do it live more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree
  • Options
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Speechless!
  • Options
    I love 'Who You Are'! :D

Can't stand 'You Are' off Riot Act though :(
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    great song. loved it from the first listen.

"Take me for a ride before we leave"
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    Love it!

Why they don't play it live is beyond me!