Life is kicking my ass right now. Come on May 4th

bonv2bonv2 Posts: 5
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I dont usually type on meesage boards but need to vent a little. Ive been laid off from work and now my girlfriend of a year and half just broke up with me and I am desperate to see my old friends on May 4th. Never really had the means to travel and see the band anywhere other than st. louie. Its been since 04 at the fox, and I am ready for some good happy feelings.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    bonv2 wrote:
    I dont usually type on meesage boards but need to vent a little. Ive been laid off from work and now my girlfriend of a year and half just broke up with me and I am desperate to see my old friends on May 4th. Never really had the means to travel and see the band anywhere other than st. louie. Its been since 04 at the fox, and I am ready for some good happy feelings.
    Sorry to hear man, keep your chin up. PJ should give you some moments of satisfaction in an all but bleak reality that we all live and call life
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    he fact that I'm only seeing PJ one night made my year, in an otherwise dismal existence.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    bonv2 wrote:

You deserve it man, hopefully it will be the start of good things.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    sorry to hear about that. :(

this week has been hard for me too. although today i feel a little better.
    but i do the same thing if i have pj tickets. they are the light at the end of a dark tunnel some days.

hang in there.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• i know when you're in the worst of a stretch like this, it's hard to keep things in perspective, but it will, in fact, get better. i went through a similar hell a few years ago, and it felt like things would never be good again, but they finally are - and i'm as happy as i've been in a long time - you will get there too, just don't let it defeat you. i lost a great job- nice salary, company car, great bennies, perks, etc. it opened the door for a whole new career path which i never would have taken. i know it's cliché, but it's so true - when one door closes, another opens. you just have to keep your eyes looking for that other door. and about the girlfriend, don't forget the wise words that we should all live be - "Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks"
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    yup everything eventually gets better, and I hope it does for all of you who have a rough patch!
    Like everyone else I've had rough patches too, recently as well. My worst time was a few years ago but I got through it and realized that only I controlled my own happiness. Not a girl, not job, not family...

You're always saying that there's something wrong
    I'm starting to believe it's your plan all along
    Death came around, forced to hear its song
    And know tomorrow can't be depended on

Seen the home inside your head
    All locked doors and unmade beds

Open sores unattended
    Let me say just once that

I have faced it, a life wasted
    I'm never going back again
    I escaped it, a life wasted
    HAVEN'T tasted, a life wasted

The world awaits just up the stairs
    Leave the pain for someone else
    Nothing back there for you to find
    Or was it you you left behind?

You're always saying you're too weak to be strong
    You're harder on yourself than just about anyone

Why swim the channel just to get this far?
    Halfway there, why would you turn around?

Darkness comes in waves...tell me,
    Why invite it to stay?

You're one with negativity
    Yes, comfort is an energy
    But why let the sad song play?
    heheheh...

I have faced it, a life wasted

Oh I escaped it, a life wasted

HAVEN'T tasted, a life wasted

oh i erased it, a life wasted
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • I hear ya...I'm in a similar situation, got dumped but stayed "friends" since we'd already paid for a trip to Outside Landsto see Pearl Jam last year, got through it and then she never spoke to me again, had a brutal couple of months, crazy busy at work and got rewarded by being laid off...the bright spot in the middle was Pearl Jam at the Spectrum...and I know it'll turn around someday even though sometimes it doesn't feel like it. Was thinking I wasn't gonna see any shows this tour b/c of budget and my friend came through w/tickets for Columbus and I can afford the trip to Newark, so I'm really looking forward to those shows...Just last night was listening to "Present Tense" and just keep telling myself "you can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, or you can come to terms and realize your the only one who can forgive yourself...makes much more sense to live in the present tense".

Enjoy the show!
    9/24, 9/28/96,8/28, 8/29, 9/10, 9/18, 9/19/98
    8/24, 8/25, 9/1, 9/2, 9/4, 9/5, 10/11/00
    4/19, 4/25, 4/26, 4/28, 5/3, 7/5, 7/6, 7/12, 7/14/03
    10/1/04, 9/28, 10/3/05
    5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3/06
    6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25/08
    8/28, 10/27, 10/28, 10/30, 10/31/09
    5/6, 5/18/10
    www.oneearinthegrave.blogspot.com
  • bonv2bonv2 Posts: 5
    Its amazing how some strangers with a common bond can have such a positive impact. Thanks for the kind words, its greatly appreciated. I mean, if you were at home listening to that "Lets Start a Riot" garbage they play on alternative radio, I dont think I could take you seriously.