Options

"Hidden" songs on ITunes

no1fromnowhereno1fromnowhere Posts: 58
edited October 2008 in The Porch
I just noticed something interesting on iTunes. They have the songs that are "hidden" at the end of some PJ albums available to download as individual songs. I'm talking about songs like Master/Slave, 04/20/02, Hummus etc. They also have the actual final album tracks like All Those Yesterdays available without the hidden songs tacked onto the end.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah......good way to make more money as some of them should be part of the previous track, just like on the album!

The titles on itunes are sometimes wrong; When you look for Yield, Red Dot is called Red Bar!!!!?
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Yeah......good way to make more money as some of them should be part of the previous track, just like on the album!

The titles on itunes are sometimes wrong; When you look for Yield, Red Dot is called Red Bar!!!!?

I may be wrong but I think anyone can go in and edit the titles, artist, album etc... I have noticed a lot of song names being wrong.
  • Options
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    I may be wrong but I think anyone can go in and edit the titles, artist, album etc... I have noticed a lot of song names being wrong.

On itune store?
  • Options
    On itune store?

That's what the guy at the apple store told me. He was one of their tech guys. I have never tried it but he said they could be edited by anyone.
  • Options
    I don't think apple would allow anyone to edit song names in the iTunes store. He must have meant apple employess...and even that I find very hard to believe.
    Hartford 06
    Bonnaroo 08
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield I & II 08
    E.V. Boston I & II 08
  • Options
    I don't think apple would allow anyone to edit song names in the iTunes store. He must have meant apple employess...and even that I find very hard to believe.

I don't think he meant apple employees b/c he told me I could go in and change whatever I wanted. I have a hard time believeing it too. I'll play around with it a little at home tonight and see.
  • Options
    you change it once you download it but you cannot change what they have on file
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    i think you guys are confusing two different things.... you can not go to the iTunes store and edit the names of songs you want to buy. But what happens is this.. iTunes has a database of many more songs and albums then it sells for use when you import a CD. This database can be edited by anyone and thats how sometimes you can put a cd in and import it and then discover later that some of the song names in your itunes library are wrong. This happened to a lot of people including me when live at the Gorge came out. You had to go in and fix some of the names because whomever added it the first time screwed it up. So everyone else who tried to import the cd got bad info. hope this helps.