could you imagine Ed sending this email out?

JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
edited May 2010 in The Porch
hey everybody!
thank you so much for helping ‘superman’ get to where it is on the vh1 charts, which is currently at #4! of course we want you to help us get it all the way to #1 and keep the single going as we wind down on this leg of the tour. but i will make a bet with you and a deal: if you can get it to #1 on the vh1 top 20 charts richie and i will do a special acoustic version of ‘superman’ in our dressing room just for you guys! get it to #1 and force us to sing you a song. thanks a lot for your help – jbj

i know, i know.. why did I even get email... took my wife, but I will admit I was a hairband fan in late 80s.. total cheese now..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    JR86440 wrote:
    hey everybody!
    thank you so much for helping ‘superman’ get to where it is on the vh1 charts, which is currently at #4! of course we want you to help us get it all the way to #1 and keep the single going as we wind down on this leg of the tour. but i will make a bet with you and a deal: if you can get it to #1 on the vh1 top 20 charts richie and i will do a special acoustic version of ‘superman’ in our dressing room just for you guys! get it to #1 and force us to sing you a song. thanks a lot for your help – jbj

i know, i know.. why did I even get email... took my wife, but I will admit I was a hairband fan in late 80s.. total cheese now..

JBJ...Jon Bon Jovi?! Why does that choad-smoker even get mention on this board? I hold grudges for a long time...I remember that talentless hack taking a pot shot at Eddie in the early 90's. JBJ = loser.
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    At least he is using his website to acknowledge his fans. I wonder if they are still waiting for a christmas gift :lol:
  • sure I can...we get threads posted by the admins on this site asking us to vote for pearl jam on VH1 and other miscellaneous bullshit
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • tacettacet Posts: 323
    Does his typewriter have internet access?
    we're all sentient snowflakes
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    At least he is using his website to acknowledge his fans. I wonder if they are still waiting for a christmas gift :lol:

too funny.. still waiting on the xmas single and the boots from the shows opening up the prudential ctr
  • KatKat Posts: 4,842
    sure I can...we get threads posted by the admins on this site asking us to vote for pearl jam on VH1 and other miscellaneous bullshit

Excuse you. I don't say who to vote for (I don't think I did in the beginning but in my understandable enthusiam and dedication and passion, I might have...sue me :P ). I simply provide a link for anyone who likes polls like I do. :D

x

P.S. And no, I can't imagine an email like that from Ed.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    Kat wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Kat wrote:
    And no, I can't imagine an email like that from Ed.
    Me either. But I stand by my idea I posted quite a while back about him calling each of us on our birthday :D
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Kat wrote:
    sure I can...we get threads posted by the admins on this site asking us to vote for pearl jam on VH1 and other miscellaneous bullshit

Excuse you. I don't say who to vote for (I don't think I did in the beginning but in my understandable enthusiam and dedication and passion, I might have...sue me :P ). I simply provide a link for anyone who likes polls like I do. :D

x

Most of us probably realize that a post from Kat or Sea, especially a direct response like this, is probably as close to the band directly communicating with the fans as we will get through the website. And for most of us, that's enough.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    edited April 2010
    SS25454 wrote:
    Haha. Awesome.

And buying relevance seems a little seedy. Of course, JBJ seems a little seedy... and Ritchie seems a LOT seedy..
    Post edited by DeLukin on
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • SS25454 wrote:

:lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Kat wrote:

x

Well, maybe Ed Asner would.

%7B3622A63F-1613-4F6B-B195-3C09DC46E0CA%7D.JPG

...come to think of it, I can't imagine Ed Asner writing that either.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    Kat wrote:
    Me either. But I stand by my idea I posted quite a while back about him calling each of us on our birthday :D
    Last year he called right during dinner (apparently like so many of his fans, he's not so good a time zone conversion), and instead of just a "Hi, Happy Birthday", he went into a long diatribe about how there's no way Abba will ever get elected into the RnR HOF (good call Ed) and then had to discuss color selections for the sleeves of the Philly bootlegs for about 15 minutes (chartreuse? wtf Ed?). Haddock was ice cold when he finally hung up. You ever tried to eat cold fish...blech.
    Hoping for just a card this year.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    An accoustic version just for me! Gee.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    Poncier wrote:
    Kat wrote:
    Last year he called right during dinner (apparently like so many of his fans, he's not so good a time zone conversion), and instead of just a "Hi, Happy Birthday", he went into a long diatribe about how there's no way Abba will ever get elected into the RnR HOF (good call Ed) and then had to discuss color selections for the sleeves of the Philly bootlegs for about 15 minutes (chartreuse? wtf Ed?). Haddock was ice cold when he finally hung up. You ever tried to eat cold fish...blech.
    Hoping for just a card this year.

I swear to god, if he brings up how Justin Guarini was ROBBED by Kelly Clarkson AGAIN I'll swear off this band for life. I almost hung up on him last year.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • this thread is awesome :lol: from the typewriter needing internet access to Kat to the birthday calls... :lol: sometimes this board is pretty awesome.
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i want SEA to sent me an email...i dream only that..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Dreams come true!!!!
    Thanks SEA... :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I swear to god, if he brings up how Justin Guarini was ROBBED by Kelly Clarkson AGAIN I'll swear off this band for life. I almost hung up on him last year.[/quote]

Don't hang up _ he just calls back really pissed. And then he drunk dials you at work. My boss was not amused.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Black73 wrote:

JBJ...Jon Bon Jovi?! Why does that choad-smoker even get mention on this board? I hold grudges for a long time...I remember that talentless hack taking a pot shot at Eddie in the early 90's. JBJ = loser.

Why does he get mention on this board?! Just a few months ago, people were swearing he was going to be a special guest and come out and sing with Pearl Jam at the Spectrum.... even though Ed called him a Butt-rocker from the stage THIS DECADE.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Black73 wrote:

Why does he get mention on this board?! Just a few months ago, people were swearing he was going to be a special guest and come out and sing with Pearl Jam at the Spectrum.... even though Ed called him a Butt-rocker from the stage THIS DECADE.

That Ed has a way with words...
    :lol::lol::lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Black73 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • bry321f11bry321f11 Posts: 326
    Black73 wrote:
    JR86440 wrote:
    hey everybody!

What did he say about Eddie???
  • sheenTNsheenTN Posts: 163
    JR86440 wrote:
    hey everybody!

Hahahaha.. I may be late on this, but this is what I heard as I read this..

Loyal Customers-
    I'll cut to the chase. VH1 is actually airing the dumb song I wrote about my tattoo, so it's time to cash in. I need..WE need some cash. And fast. Did you know that I bought an Arena League Football team?!? That's working out about as well as you think. Since it's been 20 years since we've been relevant, we might actually get back on TV and make something here! Our keyboard player can get his hair straightened, Ritchie can party, cause Ritchie likes to party, and..ummm... our drummer.. Pico I think.. he can buy new gloves. I hate my band.
    Whatever-
    JBJ
    Knoxville '98, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh 2003, Nashville 2003, Asheville 2004, Bonnaroo 2008, Columbia 2008, EV The Ryman 1&2 2009, Alpine Valley 1&2 2011, Charlotte 2013, Columbia 2016, Lexington 2016, Bonnaroo 2016
  • bry321f11bry321f11 Posts: 326
    Dreams come true!!!!

I dream of taking Kat on a blind date......but I know that dream isnt coming true
    bry321f11 wrote:
    Dreams come true!!!!

I dream of taking Kat on a blind date......but I know that dream isnt coming true
    u will never know if u dont ask...
    and make it official with 3 stars *** :lol::lol:
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    bry321f11 wrote:
    Black73 wrote:
    JR86440 wrote:
    hey everybody!

What did he say about Eddie???

As my wife reminds me, I hold grudges for too long...I'm still pissed at her sister from '96, and I don't remember exactly what she said. Same holds true for JBJ...he said something about Eddie being over-rated shortly after PJ formed, and I remember being pissed about it back then. Jon Blow Jovi has done nothing significant since making that loose statement, hence my choad-smoker/talentless hack statement.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Kat wrote:
    for anyone who likes polls like I do

"That's what she said."

Sorry, had to be done.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org