(kid) why?
(mom) i don't know

(kid) why do birds shit on people?
(mom) i don't know

why why why?

little kids.
why why why?
i don't know.

tell your "why" story if you have one to share.
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    (kid) Dad, all you drink is beer and coffee. Why?
    (dad) I don't know.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    (Me and my brothers growing up) why, why, why, why?

(Parents) Because we said so that's why.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Me (as a 4 year old): Why?
    Dad (thinking he was very funny): Z
  • I watched the movie 'brother bear' with my 2 1/2 yo niece. The beginning is confusing as fuck to an adult! She asked "where did the boy go- he died. Why- the bear killed him. Why- cause he was trying to kill him. Why- cause he needed food. Why- because. What's happening now- his spirit is going to heaven. Why- cause he's dead but he will come back as a bear. Why- cause they believe in reincarnation. Why- cause they just do. What is reincarnation?" AHHHHH!!! I tried to explain it but then just left the room. I have plenty of moments like this. I refuse to cop out and not explain things to her when she asks.... I am so obviously not cut out for this shit yet!
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Why do I have to brush my teeth?

Why do I have to take a bath?

Why do I need to go to school? ( this was just asked this morning by my son )

Why does Santa Clause show up only during Christmas ?? Why can't I have gifts all year long?

The never ending "why" questions, goes on forever ..............
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Why have kids and put yourself through all these "why?" questions?

:twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    I watched the movie 'brother bear' with my 2 1/2 yo niece. The beginning is confusing as fuck to an adult! She asked "where did the boy go- he died. Why- the bear killed him. Why- cause he was trying to kill him. Why- cause he needed food. Why- because. What's happening now- his spirit is going to heaven. Why- cause he's dead but he will come back as a bear. Why- cause they believe in reincarnation. Why- cause they just do. What is reincarnation?" AHHHHH!!! I tried to explain it but then just left the room. I have plenty of moments like this. I refuse to cop out and not explain things to her when she asks.... I am so obviously not cut out for this shit yet!

I love "Brother Bear " such a good story for kids. You need to watch Brother Bear (2) - makes you cry. Well the story makes me cry. And yes - lots of why questions !!!
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    I happen to love the "why " questions. Sometimes I get stumped, but it sure gets my mind thinking. :D
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    We're creating future root-cause analysts if we don't stifle the whys. Ms Wes...kudos for letting your niece ask "the five whys!"

If kids don't ask 50 whys a day, they're not doing their jobs!
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    The scene: Beach in Menorca summer 1996.

10 year old eldest daughter: Shut your mouth
    5 year old youngest daughter: Why?

large wave comes in and hits them both leaving youngest on her back spluttering and choking.

10 year old eldest daughter: That's why.
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    Brad Hamilton: Why don't you get a job Spicoli?
    Jeff Spicoli: What for?
    Brad Hamilton: You need money.
    Jeff Spicoli: All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buds, and I'm fine.
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Me: We're going to the playground today because playgroup was cancelled.
    Then 4 year old, now 8: Why?
    Me: Because some of the moms still want to meet and still have a get together--we're having a picnic too.
    Then 4 year old, now 8: No mom, I meant the letter "y"

two hours later (then)

Then 4 year old, now 8, running toward me terrified: HELP!!! An ant is chasing me

Why did I add that extra part of the story?

Bonus.
    DangDang wrote:
    Me: Because some of the moms still want to meet and still have a get together--we're having a picnic too.

two hours later (then)

Then 4 year old, now 8, running toward me terrified: HELP!!! An ant is chasing me

Bonus.

The suspense is killing me!! Did the ant catch him/her???
    I watched the movie 'brother bear' with my 2 1/2 yo niece. The beginning is confusing as fuck to an adult! She asked "where did the boy go- he died. Why- the bear killed him. Why- cause he was trying to kill him. Why- cause he needed food. Why- because. What's happening now- his spirit is going to heaven. Why- cause he's dead but he will come back as a bear. Why- cause they believe in reincarnation. Why- cause they just do. What is reincarnation?" AHHHHH!!! I tried to explain it but then just left the room. I have plenty of moments like this. I refuse to cop out and not explain things to her when she asks.... I am so obviously not cut out for this shit yet!

At age 4, now 8 Mom, when we die does God erase our memories and send us back as babies?

Me, in stunned amazement: Have you ever heard of the word "reincarnation"?

At age 4, now 8 son: No. Why?
    DangDang wrote:

two hours later (then)

Bonus.

The suspense is killing me!! Did the ant catch him/her???

The ant DID NOT catch him that day. Repeat. For the record, the ant DID NOT catch him that day.
    edited October 2010
    Post edited by DangDang on
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    When my children ask questions I always answer them the best that I can. Sometimes it makes me think about why something is the way it is when I've never thought about it before. A typical answer would be--"Hmm, I guess it's because blah, blah, blah, blue, and blee." ;)

I think they ask questions because they sincerely wonder about stuff and they are trying to understand. :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    nuffingman wrote:

large wave comes in and hits them both leaving youngest on her back spluttering and choking.

that's funny as fuck! :lol::lol:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    my kids ask me why the word why isn't just written as 'y'...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:

My kid asks me why xylophone is spelled with an X. Actually I want to know who the hell came up with the spelling of that one too.

Also, I want to know y the spelling of that was ALLOWED in the first place. And also y the spelling of that has continued to this DAY.
    dunkman wrote:

Speaking of kids and letters, it took a 3 year old to point out to me how often "s" is prounounced as "z" (see kidz). And yet its the "y" that gets all the attention as having that alternative "i" prounuciation. Sheesh. Some letterz get all the attention.

Also. long vowel soundz. Who else noticed that long A, E, I has a "y" sound at the end? Also long sound O and U have a "w" sound at the end.

My poor little guy can't pronounce Y or W, so his pronunciation sucks. Or maybe it just does cuz he can't pronounce the Y and W. Hmm. I'm having a LIVE EUREKA over here.

HARK! Did the "why" just answer itself? I'll letchall know.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Why is there only ONE Monopolies Commission?

Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Why does an alarm clock "go off" when it begins ringing?

Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?

Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "asteroids"?

Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?

Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?

Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?

Why are cigarettes sold in gas stations when smoking is prohibited there?

Why do fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?

If you can't drink and drive, why do you need a driver's license to buy liquor, and why do bars have parking lots?

If 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?

Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM?

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Why isn't "palindrome" spelled the same way backwards?

Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?

You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes, why can't they make the whole plane out of the same substance?

Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?

Why is it so hard to remember how to spell MNEMONIC?

Why is it called a TV "set" when you only get one?

Why does your nose run and your feet smell?

Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Why do they make cars go so fast its illegal?

Why does "cleave" mean both split apart and stick together?

Why is it, whether you sit up or sit down, the result is the same?

Why is it called a "building" when it is already built?

Why do they call them "apartments" when they are all stuck together?

Why is there an expiration date on SOUR cream?

Why does flammable and inflammable mean the same thing?

Why is the word "abbreviate" so long?

If 75% of all accidents happen within 5 miles of home, why not move 10 miles away?

Why do 'tug' boats push their barges?

Why do we sing 'Take me out to the ball game', when we are already there?

Why are they called 'stands' when they're made for sitting?
    I don't know
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,045
    dunkman wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:

that's funny as fuck! :lol::lol:
    Yes it is!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14